WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON GROUP Fin : Australia v England - Sat - 09:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON GROUP Fin : Australia v England - Sat - 09:00:00

Posted by Madderzahatter on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:27 pm
Madderzahatter Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

[quote="Lebron James"]Put meninga at 3 and Daley at 6 and they would have torn the Pom’s apart

Regards

King James[/quote]

So you admit you were wrong about Widdop?
'There's only one code of rugby.'
Posted by PrinterThe on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 9th / 76,383

Quiz Score: 0

Sadfish wrote:
Cronk gone now, although I always thought he was the weakest of the 3. I think the other 2 will retire too as only 1 Aussies test next year and neither will still be going by the time the next tourney is happening anyhow.

Think Slater pretty much said as much in his post match interview that this would be it for him at international level.
Posted by big grimmo on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:32 pm
big grimmo Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Thought widdop was great, heighington when he came on just did the basics but not a danger to the Aussies
Bateman made about 10 yards all game and never looked like breaking a tackle and was stood watching when they had the ball, if he’s a international or a centre then there’s still a chance for me and I’m in my fifties in all it was not taking chances when they came in the end
Posted by NickyKiss on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:43 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 12th / 76,383

Quiz Score: 4

big grimmo wrote:
Thought widdop was great, heighington when he came on just did the basics but not a danger to the Aussies
Bateman made about 10 yards all game and never looked like breaking a tackle and was stood watching when they had the ball, if he’s a international or a centre then there’s still a chance for me and I’m in my fifties in all it was not taking chances when they came in the end

Bateman made 140 metres
Posted by PopTart on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:54 pm
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 11th / 76,383

Personally I thought the difference was Smith. He controlled their play very well and pulled our defence all over.

We did everything we could in effort and bravery. Absolutely top marks. I also think we were near 90% in terms of talent. We might have had a little more to give but not much. A little bit more game management and a little more discipline under pressure and we can be top of the World. Both those things can be learned.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Posted by Hangerman2 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:41 pm
Hangerman2 Stevo's Armpit

I think we are getting a little bit ahead of ourselves here. In the past when we have gone in front or drawn level the aussies have always had what required to kick a gear and make the vital play to win the match. They never had to do that today because we didn't score. Ironically being behind until nearly the end could have been the undoing of the aussies if the Watkins ankle tap had resulted in a try, but i feel we didn't see the best of them due to us never getting on the board. I've seen lots of 'if we had scored that try we would have gone on to win'. That's a massive disrespect to what the aussies are capable of when put under pressure.
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:17 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 4

Hangerman2 wrote:
I think we are getting a little bit ahead of ourselves here. In the past when we have gone in front or drawn level the aussies have always had what required to kick a gear and make the vital play to win the match. They never had to do that today because we didn't score. Ironically being behind until nearly the end could have been the undoing of the aussies if the Watkins ankle tap had resulted in a try, but i feel we didn't see the best of them due to us never getting on the board. I've seen lots of 'if we had scored that try we would have gone on to win'. That's a massive disrespect to what the aussies are capable of when put under pressure.

I think they'd have buckled had Watkins got away and fed Whitehead. They've tired more noticeably then us in the two games and that is the first time I've seen that in 30 years of watching us play the Aussies.

I've come away from a few Aussies deciders thinking 'we could've won' but today is probably the first time in my 30 years watching us against them where I came away thinking 'we should've won':
Posted by musson on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:40 am
musson Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 5th / 76,383

Dally wrote:
Good at FB, very poor at Stand Off. Too stuttering, slow and predictable. He will never in a million years make a decent international stand off.

I'm stunned by this comment

I could go in to detailed explanations of why this comment is crazy but I won't

Rewatch the match and count the attacks at the Aussie line, they were far more numerous when widdop moved to SO
Posted by downo on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:31 am
downo Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

ok, so its over again, thank feck

i'm over it, next year will be much better with hardly any worthless, pointless internationals, just games of real value, SOO & the NRL
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:01 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Dally wrote:
Good at FB, very poor at Stand Off. Too stuttering, slow and predictable. He will never in a million years make a decent international stand off.

You do realise he won the Dally M award for been the best stand off in the NRL?
PreviousNext