WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - "loose carry"
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 am
Posted by tigertot on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:22 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 76,857

Quiz Score: 308

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 15547
Location: Olicana - Home of 'Vark Slayer
knockersbumpMKII wrote:
Some? Have you seen the comments on YT, there's apparently a petition with allegedly 50,000 signatures to it calling for the game to be replayed/ref to be hung drawn and 1/4'd, video ref to look at it etc.
Pretty much every man, woman and child from Tonga/Pacific island nations is calling the ref bent, the game is bent, white mans rules and so on.
I don't agree, the reaction if we'd lost it in the dying seconds like that would be nowhere near that of the tongan's or other countries 'fans' sticking their oar in.


Compare to the semi? against Aus where Hall's finger tips definitely touched the ball in the last few seconds & the VR never gave it. Now that was robbed. The reaction was far more reserved than Tonga.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am
Posted by Bullseye on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:22 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 76,857

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 28145
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Having read the comments on YT (sorry Seth) I hold my hand up. Those idiots have taken whinging to whole new levels. Pathetic.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:02 am
Posted by Grimmy on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:02 am
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 76,857

Quiz Score: 248

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 12942
WIZEB wrote:
He might get knocked for being on the starting team-sheet but Batemans about the only one who's got it in him, ain't he?

Maybe against their backs/halves, but he's like Scrappy Doo compared to their forwards. The problem I've found with Bateman is he isn't that smart in these situations, a fight early doors deep in their own half when they are in possession is great, but he would just as likely do it in possession on his own goal line, kickable range late in the game etc. I'm sure Graham, Burgess x2 and Walmsley would be fine with a bit of biff.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am
Posted by WIZEB on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,857

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10229
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
Grimmy wrote:
Maybe against their backs/halves, but he's like Scrappy Doo compared to their forwards. The problem I've found with Bateman is he isn't that smart in these situations, a fight early doors deep in their own half when they are in possession is great, but he would just as likely do it in possession on his own goal line, kickable range late in the game etc. I'm sure Graham, Burgess x2 and Walmsley would be fine with a bit of biff.


Not about size size though, innit?
It's what's inside.
If it was Bateman against a big pudding like Aaron Woods I know who my coin would be on.
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:56 am
Posted by Grimmy on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:56 am
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 76,857

Quiz Score: 248

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 12942
WIZEB wrote:
Not about size size though, innit?
It's what's inside.
If it was Bateman against a big pudding like Aaron Woods I know who my coin would be on.

I admire your optimism, and Bateman certainly wouldn't back down, but no, I think Woods would laugh at him, and we would be a man down.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 pm
Posted by WIZEB on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 pm
WIZEB Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,857

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:31 pm
Posts: 10229
Location: The Hamptons of East Yorkshire
Grimmy wrote:
I admire your optimism, and Bateman certainly wouldn't back down, but no, I think Woods would laugh at him, and we would be a man down.


Just give that girly hair a yank then get right in his fat fooking chubby face. :D
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:35 pm
Posted by Lebron James on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:35 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 76,857

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm
Posts: 1477
The rest of our forwards are all soft. Im so glad it hasnt kicked off or else we would get an even bigger pasting than the last time we played Tonga. Comes to something when our only enforcer is bateman and he would struggle seeing as though bottles arent allowed on the pitch

Regards

King james
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:09 pm
Posted by vastman on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:09 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 76,857

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 27389
Location: Poodle Power!
Lebron James wrote:
The rest of our forwards are all soft. Im so glad it hasnt kicked off or else we would get an even bigger pasting than the last time we played Tonga. Comes to something when our only enforcer is bateman and he would struggle seeing as though bottles arent allowed on the pitch

Regards

King james


Says the hard as nails keyboard warrior - crawl bag under your stone there's a good lad. :SUBMISSION:
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 pm
Posted by Seth on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 pm
Seth Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 76,857

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Posts: 1890
Location: Meltham
Lebron James wrote:
The rest of our forwards are all soft. Im so glad it hasnt kicked off or else we would get an even bigger pasting than the last time we played Tonga. Comes to something when our only enforcer is bateman and he would struggle seeing as though bottles arent allowed on the pitch

Regards

King james


Then predicts England by 4 v Aus on the other thread, some special kind of odd you arent you with all your 'regards' bollox.
Re: "loose carry"
Post Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 pm
Posted by The Chair Maker on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 pm
The Chair Maker User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,857

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 12725
Location: The heart of gods Country, Haydock
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buggo, Clearwing, Hasbag, HuddsRL5, Jake the Peg, jeffvickers, MollySylphrena, sanjunien, Top Saint and 95 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,732,77489176,8574,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
PARRAMATTA EELS
TOMORROW 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 25th May 09:00
NRL
CANBERRA
v
MANLY
Fri 25th May 10:50
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
MELBOURNE STORM
Fri 25th May 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 25th May 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Fri 25th May 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 25th May 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 26th May 06:00
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
GOLD COAST
Sat 26th May 08:30
NRL
NZ WARRIORS
v
SOUTHS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2