WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Hull FC v Wigan Warriors - 20:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Hull FC v Wigan Warriors - 20:00:00

Posted by craig hkr on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:01 am
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Hasbag wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :CRAZY:

Well done in lifting a line from a post to try and deflect.What I said was the Wigan fans after wembley didn't cry like you lot last night/today. Put all the emoticons you like the facts are hull have tried rough house bully boy tactics last 2 games and come off 2nd best both times.Ironic thing is when they actually concentrated on playing hard fair rugby they looked good.
Posted by SaleSlim on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:25 am
SaleSlim Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 28th / 76,600

Quiz Score: 0

craig hkr wrote:
Well done in lifting a line from a post to try and deflect.What I said was the Wigan fans after wembley didn't cry like you lot last night/today. Put all the emoticons you like the facts are hull have tried rough house bully boy tactics last 2 games and come off 2nd best both times.Ironic thing is when they actually concentrated on playing hard fair rugby they looked good.

Wigan fans are the most insular and whining fans in the game. The whole of the Rugby League world revolves around them and if they didn't exist then RL wouldn't exist as far as they're concerned. After they beat us in the CC Semi all I heard in the pub after was about how they needed more protection from our thuggish behaviour :shock: . This coming from the dirtiest an grubbiest bunch of tw@ts in RL!! :lol:

There was f*ck all wrong with Watts collision last night, no raised elbow, no unnatural movement, it was merely a case of the defender getting it wrong with an attempted big hit. We'll end up 10v10 every week if you're gonna start throwing reds around for challenges like that. Guaranteed if it was the other way round MM wouldn't have walked for that challenge.

Great effort by Hull and I'd really like to see a Hull-Cas final as IMO they've been the best 2 teams we've played this season. Have a horrible feeling the RFL will do anything they can to get their golden boys to the GF tho.
Posted by infamous grouse on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:27 am
infamous grouse Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 29th / 76,600

The "game" was a disgrace regardless of the sending off.
They weren't players on that pitch they were just a bunch of street yobs looking for a fight.
Wigan had obviously come to settle some scores and they were the main instigators but some of the Hull players were just as bad .
No doubt the Wigan fans will jump to their teams defence but I remember Wigan when they had a team you could respect, the days of Ashton,  Boston,  McTigue etc they had tough forwards in those days but at least they played rugby.
The current crop are not much more than a bunch of street thugs and a disgrace to Rugby League and to the name of the Wigan club  in particular
Posted by cravenpark1 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:45 am
cravenpark1 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 30th / 76,600

infamous grouse wrote:
They weren't players on that pitch they were just a bunch of street yobs looking for a fight.
Wigan had obviously come to settle some scores and they were the main instigators but some of the Hull players were just as bad .
No doubt the Wigan fans will jump to their teams defence but I remember Wigan when they had a team you could respect, the days of Ashton,  Boston,  McTigue etc they had tough forwards in those days but at least they played rugby.
The current crop are not much more than a bunch of street thugs and a disgrace to Rugby League and to the name of the Wigan club  in particular

Bloody hell I do not like Wigan but I think you have gone over the top with your post Both teams were has bad has each other and by the way I can not stand hull FC has well :roll:
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:14 am
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 22nd / 76,600

Quiz Score: 156

infamous grouse wrote:

Rubbish. Great game of rugby league. Yes it was sometimes niggly, even spiteful at times, but it was two excellent teams going flat out at each other without either giving an inch, and there was some great skill on show at times too. The game literally had everything, and if you didnt enjoy that I don't see why you follow the sport at all.

On the Watts red card, for me it wasn't one. If people think it was then that's up to them, but no one will be able to convince me it was. Red cards should be reserved for deliberate, serious foul play, and that simply wasn't. It was a split second reaction to an impending big shot, and whilst I hope McIlorum is ok, you have to put more of the blame on him. He came like he had been shot out of a cannon and his technique was all wrong.

Gutted to lose after putting in so much effort to get back in. It would have been a famous victory had we held on, but wasn't to be. You kind of knew what was coming when all those back to back sets were stacking up at the end. Hopefully Watts will avoid a ban and Talanoa will be back next week to bolster the back line a bit (if not at least Michaels will be). Got to make sure we get a result against Wakefield and then we can sit back and see if Huddersfield and or Cas can do us a favour. If we have to win twice in two weeks at the jungle to reach Old Trafford then so be it. Bring em on.
Posted by infamous grouse on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:36 am
infamous grouse Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 29th / 76,600

Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
Rubbish. Great game of rugby league. Yes it was sometimes niggly, even spiteful at times, but it was two excellent teams going flat out at each other without either giving an inch, and there was some great skill on show at times too. The game literally had everything, and if you didnt enjoy that I don't see why you follow the sport at all.

On the Watts red card, for me it wasn't one. If people think it was then that's up to them, but no one will be able to convince me it was. Red cards should be reserved for deliberate, serious foul play, and that simply wasn't. It was a split second reaction to an impending big shot, and whilst I hope McIlorum is ok, you have to put more of the blame on him. He came like he had been shot out of a cannon and his technique was all wrong.

Gutted to lose after putting in so much effort to get back in. It would have been a famous victory had we held on, but wasn't to be. You kind of knew what was coming when all those back to back sets were stacking up at the end. Hopefully Watts will avoid a ban and Talanoa will be back next week to bolster the back line a bit (if not at least Michaels will be). Got to make sure we get a result against Wakefield and then we can sit back and see if Huddersfield and or Cas can do us a favour. If we have to win twice in two weeks at the jungle to reach Old Trafford then so be it. Bring em on.

I've been watching the game for 60 yrs if thats what you think is a great game of Rugby League I feel sorry for you .
Early on Tompkins and Connor were acting like a couple of niggling brats, they should have been sent off early on and they could have sorted their differences out on the car park then maybe the ones who wanted to play rugby could have got on with it.

Connor and the Wigan forward squaring upto each other was a disgrace.
The game should be played tough and hard but it should be left on the field
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 am
nottinghamtiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Not a red for me. Unless players carry the ball with their arms straight down by their side (like a soldier) the elbow has to be somewhere.
MM tried to put a big shot on Watts and ran into his elbow. It's got to be somewhere.
Posted by Mild mannered Janitor on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:47 am
Mild mannered Janitor User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 676

craig hkr wrote:

here is a comment of someone who has watched the narrow coverage from TV and thinks they can offer an informed opinion.

Having been at the game and watched much of it back on TV, the rough house tactics were clearly instilled in Wigan. McIllorum and Tomkins striking out after the ball has been played, kicking the tackled player, stamping on the hands of a prone player. Not once penalised.

It was my understanding that only the captain of a side was allowed to speak to the official? Tomkins and Bateman had more dialog with Hick than there was on Frost v Nixon.

In hindsight, the major incident, there is clearly contact to the head from Watts fore arm (not elbow). Ok, by the letter of the current interpretation of the rules, its a penalty. It is not a red card. If it is, there would be a dozen cards per game.

If it was a one off error by the officials, fair enough, they are human and make mistakes. However, its the glaring inconsistencies, in the same game which are what are destroying the game. Griffin gets pulled for a cannonball, fair enough, it was a soft one but a correct decision. Second half, similar situation involving either Tuatai or Isa (couldnt make out who at the time), yet no penalty. The high swinging arm into Griffins face in the 2nd half, penality but no further action from a ref who has produced a card for a head contact.

Oh, then there is the clear forward pass for Wigans 3rd try. How is that missed??

Stiil, Hull were the architects of their own downfall, Not for one minute am I blaming individuals, but examples of this are Sneyd throwing out a miracle pass to Gelling within 2 mins of the restart. Or Shaul knocking on having got possession back with 2 minutes left when its a 2 point game.

Hull were the better team. A more objective decision on Watts, the game stays at 13v13, Hull win that game.
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0
Posted by Mild mannered Janitor on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:51 am
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

craig hkr wrote:
Just watched it again and can't see how it's anything but a red? But after reading umpteen pages of belly aching on hull board most seem to think it was perfectly fine? The disciplinary boards ruling will be interesting either way

Of course you think it was a red, you literally have red blinkers on.

Have a look on twitter at the former players, current players and even match officials opinion, they are likely to be a bit more level headed than someone who openly states they hate Hull FC
Posted by Mild mannered Janitor on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:57 am
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

infamous grouse wrote:
I've been watching the game for 60 yrs if thats what you think is a great game of Rugby League I feel sorry for you .
Early on Tompkins and Connor were acting like a couple of niggling brats, they should have been sent off early on and they could have sorted their differences out on the car park then maybe the ones who wanted to play rugby could have got on with it.

Connor and the Wigan forward squaring upto each other was a disgrace.
The game should be played tough and hard but it should be left on the field

So, do you revel in the era of Jim Mills, Ron Wileman, John Millington ??? Or were the Aussie boys, you know the Les Boyds of this world your thing?

What exactly should Tomkins and Conner have been send off for? For winding each other up? I thought you liked your rugby tough?
PreviousNext