WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dragon Bird Out for the Rest of the Season

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace & RLWC2017 Dragon Bird Out for the Rest of the Season

Posted by RLFANS News Hound on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Dragon Bird Out for the Rest of the Season
The Catalans Dragons have been dealt a major blow with the loss of the inspirational Greg Bird for the rest of the season through suspension.

Bird appeared before the disciplinary this evening a pleaded guilty to the Grade D charge for a dangerous throw against Halifax during Sunday's fixture at the New Shay.

Bird appealed against the grading, but not the charge, but he was unsuccessful.

READ MORE ON THIS STORY...
RLFANS.COM news items are posted in forums where it is thought that they will be of interest to the readership, all comments made below will also be available for viewing through the front page.
Posted by Willzay on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:50 am
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Major blow? More like a major helping hand. That's ten less penalties Catalans will concede per match.
Posted by Cokey on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 pm
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Willzay wrote:
Major blow? More like a major helping hand. That's ten less penalties Catalans will concede per match.

Been reduced to 3 matches on appeal, F@@@@@G Joke of a system.
Image Image Image
Posted by Budgiezilla on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:10 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

That was one BAD tackle.....well done the RFL. Yes Bird is 'past it' and not very good anymore, but a joke of a decision.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Posted by craig hkr on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:09 pm
craig hkr Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Moa's was really bad also and if the ref called it Birds Supplex wouldn't have happened. Bird is a marmite character but he is probably the best import on paper in superleague. I don't think he is past it at all I just think Catalans imports couldn't care less and the local lads just aren't good enough add in McBanana and it looks bleak. Moa is the one I fear will hurt somebody badly
Posted by Willzay on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 am
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

craig hkr wrote:
Moa's was really bad also and if the ref called it Birds Supplex wouldn't have happened. Bird is a marmite character but he is probably the best import on paper in superleague. I don't think he is past it at all I just think Catalans imports couldn't care less and the local lads just aren't good enough add in McBanana and it looks bleak. Moa is the one I fear will hurt somebody badly

Yet to show it though. Can name a handful of overseas players who have faired better.
Posted by Jimmythecuckoo on Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am
Jimmythecuckoo User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

First spell with us I would have said Bird was influential.

This spell I agree with Willzay.

I am not kidding myself that if we do go down, he won't be off back to the NRL (or Salford).
Posted by Wellsy13 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:35 am
Wellsy13 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

craig hkr wrote:

Moa has really let me down since he's returned. Used to think loads of the guy: aggressive but controlled with loads of heart. I think he's just been reckless this year and agree he's just going to hurt someone seriously soon.