FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - If, God forbid...
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman35916
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:0429th Mar 24 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:58 am  
eric35 wrote:
"I'm glad we don't fight in trenches anymore, cos I sure as hell wouldn't want you beside me." quote "son of headingley"

the not fighting in trenches was quite possibly due to a closer relationship with the rest of Europe?

Strange reaction as I recall it was the outs who were suggesting Europe would decend into conflict if we left - thus it's a fair point. Funny how people forget what they said a week ago.

As it happens the reason Europe has remained at peace is down to the control exerted by that other great hate figigure of the Liberal elite - the good old US of A.

The world nor human nature ever really changes and although personally I don't see Europe decending into a hundred year war if push came to shove I'd certainly want to be in the UK/US trench and not the French or German wrong.

I don't care what brand of phobic I'm called, the British are not and never have been continentals - we look west, we've always looked left and because of that we have a whole raft of nation to whom we have much more in common. Canada, Australia and NZ and to a lesser extent the USA and even India. The wourld didn't end on thursday the chairs simply shifted a bit.
Wigg'n 
RankPostsTeam
International Star7524
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 201113 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 24 17:5018th Feb 24 17:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:20 am  
Didn't we "make Britain great" by managing to colonise half of the world, enslaving so many, forcing our laws on them and our language? Now most of this generation just want us to stay on our little island with our fellow white people. Ironic really.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6765No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 29 200716 years220th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 24 14:338th Jan 24 08:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:27 am  
vastman wrote:

As it happens the reason Europe has remained at peace is down to the control exerted by that other great hate figigure of the Liberal elite - the good old US of A.

The world nor human nature ever really changes and although personally I don't see Europe decending into a hundred year war if push came to shove I'd certainly want to be in the UK/US trench and not the French or German wrong.

I don't care what brand of phobic I'm called, the British are not and never have been continentals - we look west, we've always looked left and because of that we have a whole raft of nation to whom we have much more in common. Canada, Australia and NZ and to a lesser extent the USA and even India. The wourld didn't end on thursday the chairs simply shifted a bit.

That is correct, the big players are USA, UK and you have to include the French the relationship of these three are massive but quite a lot of the time the USA is the puppeteer.

Can you imagine an EU Army based on rules and regulations giving the enemy human rights during conflict, I would imagine a future EU army would be used more for civil unrest amongst member states such as Greece, Spain and a future Turkey perhaps.
roopy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1995No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 06 200519 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Oct 23 19:4613th Nov 22 01:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:42 am  
Australia has been a stand alone country since, well, since England kicked us to the curb.
Turns out that when England stopped wanting our trade (so they could trade with the EU), we could get a better price from Asia anyway.
If you've got good stuff to sell, someone will buy it these days - China or India probably.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:43 am  
joetwizzy wrote:
A sexist xenophobic homophobe, and you're proud of it. :oops: You're an embarrassment.

Am I really.

Funny how the liberals amomogst us remain the ultimate hypocrites.

In your world it's the ultimate sin to brand all Muslims as radical, all black people as lazy etc etc. You can't call a gay man a puff and rightly so, though IMO he's a homosexual not "gay" which is a mis appropriation of a word.

Yet anyone who doesn't agree with you is instantly labeled and lumped together as a sexist xenophobic homophobe - yet I'm sure you don't see the irony.

I'm guessing your under 40 which means you have probably been indoctrinated within an educational system that has been peddling a neo-liberal agenda for years, so I do understand why you can't think for yourself and instead just trot out a meaningles tirade of stock anwers - I feel your pain.

So I'm sexist for prefering my job when it was just the lads and IMO a lot more fun - well sorry but I did it was so much easier then and I just preferred it, do I have to lie to make you happy?. Yet as a manager I have taken on far more women than men because they are simply better qualified. You see the paradox here. I'm a true democrat, in that although I have my own feelings and my own opinions I also follow the protocols laid down by the electorate. Most people obviously do not share my views and thus I follow what the majority has decided - that is how it works and it's the bit about democracy and true speech that Liberals never ever get.

To call someone Xenophobia is the last refuge of a scoundral and is the lowest opinion anyone can hold before falling right off the stupid chart. So it's xenophobic to prefer British food, not like French wine, prefer to holday in the UK because you like being able to speak your own language whilst on holiday and above all it's xenophobic not to trust a nation who since it's creation in the 19th century has had one stated aim - European domination - check your history books you naive fool. Any person from any other nation reading what I have written and you defining it as xenophobic would have frankly shat thier pants by now laughing at you. I suggest you leave your tiny little circle of like minded facebook friends and live and work in the real world. I've worked and lived abroad but more importantly worked with many foriegners (replace this with whatever PC abjective applies) both here and in there native lands and they will tell you that English people just don't know how lucky they are. Has it ever crossed your feeble mind why the UK is the place they all want to? Because your a hypocrite it can't be for the benefits can it, far to Daily Mail - so why then. It's because it's Britain an despite it's flaws is a fantastic country. They certainly wouldn't be the least bit offended by an Englishman's pride in his food and his language or begrudge him his holday in Cornwall or a distrust of the Germans - far from it because here they know that they to can say exactly what they think whether it be popular or not. Only a true facist like you would do that.

I'm not homophobic, how do you even know I'm not a homosexual - yet again another huge assumption. The same assumption that assumes all homosexuals believe in gay marriage. Another example of hypocricy on your part, if I assumed all gay men as mincing spandex wearing sexual predators I'd be shot to pieces but you assume all gay people are united as one in thier beliefs - they are not. Like a lot of straight people many gay people don't really believe in marriage as a concept end of. I'm the same on that one, despite being a Daily Mail don't assume I follow their agenda.

See the problem with neo-liberal facists like you is that your concept of democracy and free speech is beyond flawed, it's non-existant. In a true democracy you can't have any limits on freedom of speech - it's either eveyone however extreme has a chance to express themselves or no one does, there simply in no half way house. You're idea of free speech is that evryone can say anything they want but only if it matched your narrowly perscribed set of values, in other words you can say what you like so long as I agree with it - if you don't I will then resort to branding you a "sexist xenophobic homophobe" because I'm so lacking in intelligence I have no other argument and also I'm a shocking bully.

"sexist xenophobic homophobe" So am I proud, well if what I've said is what you condider to be "sexist xenophobic homophobe" then yes I am and as proud as punch.

Now cue standard liberal accusations in reply.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 13 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SUPPORT SWAG...

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:51 am  
Wigg'n wrote:
Didn't we "make Britain great" by managing to colonise half of the world, enslaving so many, forcing our laws on them and our language? Now most of this generation just want us to stay on our little island with our fellow white people. Ironic really.

That would be the same Empire and nation that did more than most to establish the Rule of Law, Universal Sufferage and Parlimentary Democracy. The leagccy of the empire is mixed but rather like the empire of Rome it's achievements far outweigh it's failures in the eyes of most historians.

I love idiots like you who trot out this tired leftist rubbish.

Now you name me this lilly white nation or noble race of peole who don't have a sordid past or just a past IMO.

Is it the Germans - seriously.

The French - no slave empre there.

The US - seriously.

South Africa - the one left in utter turmoild by the ex-terrorist Nelson Mandella darling ofthe chattering classed - you know he's flawed when an absolute tool like Eddie Izzard worships him.

Or should we get to those countries that can really teach us a lesson regarding democracy and human rights past and present.

Who do you want, China, Russia or india - all countries where genocide is a national past time.

Grow up.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6765No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 29 200716 years220th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 24 14:338th Jan 24 08:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:35 am  
Wigg'n wrote:

Short term yes because we will be in transition, long term we will be back in Global Markets. We could see a shift in some of our old and possible new manufacturing moving to the lower costs of the commonwealth as we reduce the pressure of immigration that is driving wages down.

We might decide to shift our nuclear generation renewal over to Japan instead of France but we can be pretty sure the EU will want a time committed trade agreement to stretch this out. Our Fishing Industry might benefit the most at the expense of Spain as we take back and extend some control of our fishing grounds. Similarly our military software which is the envy of the world which might open up trade to Canada, Suadi Arabia, Australia and New Zealand. Also one of our biggest assets is the City Finance we will lose some company headquarters in London this will effect investment but will they see a troubled EU as a risk we don't know.

The UK has great ethnic background contributing enormously so I don't know where your "fellow white people" is coming from in your mind set.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years203rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:43 am  
vastman wrote:
That would be the same Empire and nation that did more than most to establish the Rule of Law, Universal Sufferage and Parlimentary Democracy. The leagccy of the empire is mixed but rather like the empire of Rome it's achievements far outweigh it's failures in the eyes of most historians.

I love idiots like you who trot out this tired leftist rubbish.

Now you name me this lilly white nation or noble race of peole who don't have a sordid past or just a past IMO.

Is it the Germans - seriously.

The French - no slave empre there.

The US - seriously.

South Africa - the one left in utter turmoild by the ex-terrorist Nelson Mandella darling ofthe chattering classed - you know he's flawed when an absolute tool like Eddie Izzard worships him.

Or should we get to those countries that can really teach us a lesson regarding democracy and human rights past and present.

Who do you want, China, Russia or india - all countries where genocide is a national past time.

Grow up.

You are right.

Britain exported so much around the world.

We gave people democracy ( just cos we nicked that of the Greeks)

We gave them the rule of law I so well remember the MagnanCarta (who cares if it was signed by and dreamt up by French Nobles)
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years203rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:03 am  
roopy wrote:
Australia has been a stand alone country since, well, since England kicked us to the curb.
Turns out that when England stopped wanting our trade (so they could trade with the EU), we could get a better price from Asia anyway.
If you've got good stuff to sell, someone will buy it these days - China or India probably.

7ou are right.

New can get some really good trade deals outside the EU

But cannot start discussing them till we are out if the EU which will be in two years time -plus the extra 4 months so the Tories can gain revenge on each other.

I cannot wait until we sign a superb gas and oil deal with Russia. It will save us a fortune in energy costs.

So what if America is unhappy with it. We will just say to the yanks bigger off it is nothing to do with you we are a strong Independent British nation we will do what we want.

Or not
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th May 21 06:598th Oct 18 13:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

"...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these
boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. "

Re: If, God forbid... : Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:32 am  
Judder Man wrote:
Short term yes because we will be in transition, long term we will be back in Global Markets. We could see a shift in some of our old and possible new manufacturing moving to the lower costs of the commonwealth as we reduce the pressure of immigration that is driving wages down.

We might decide to shift our nuclear generation renewal over to Japan instead of France but we can be pretty sure the EU will want a time committed trade agreement to stretch this out. Our Fishing Industry might benefit the most at the expense of Spain as we take back and extend some control of our fishing grounds. Similarly our military software which is the envy of the world which might open up trade to Canada, Suadi Arabia, Australia and New Zealand. Also one of our biggest assets is the City Finance we will lose some company headquarters in London this will effect investment but will they see a troubled EU as a risk we don't know.

The UK has great ethnic background contributing enormously so I don't know where your "fellow white people" is coming from in your mind set.

This "The EU will want to play nice" stuff is so complacent, and so wrong. But then, don't listen to me. Try reading this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/the-eu-will-treat-britain-like-greece/

Bear in mind this is a journalist who works for a newspaper which, under orders from its tax-exile owners, backed Brexit. So this is coming from the side trying to portray Brexit in the best possible light.

At some point, reality is going to hit. Half of the UK is indulging a panglossian fantasy of unprecedented proportions.
Judder Man wrote:

This "The EU will want to play nice" stuff is so complacent, and so wrong. But then, don't listen to me. Try reading this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/the-eu-will-treat-britain-like-greece/

Bear in mind this is a journalist who works for a newspaper which, under orders from its tax-exile owners, backed Brexit. So this is coming from the side trying to portray Brexit in the best possible light.

At some point, reality is going to hit. Half of the UK is indulging a panglossian fantasy of unprecedented proportions.
PreviousNext