FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Former UAE RL boss forced to apologise by RU authorities
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jul 15 19:5627th Jul 15 10:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
February 9th 2008. Harlequins Rugby League v Wigan Warriors; Attendance 8,041
Entire 2015 Season over 11 games: Total Attendance 8,050.
PROGRESS

headhunter wrote:
Yes, they are the truth, they are also clearly a very small and not remotely accurate representation of the facts of this story, which have been laid out in full and which you've summarily ignored.

Nope. The facts are exactly as how I laid them out. You wriggling on the hook crying foul as to how the authorities were alerted to the law breaker Sol Mokdad are an aside...he broke the law!

headhunter wrote:
Ah, you've now resorted to bashing the UAE competition and making up wild fantastical stories about World Cups.

Nope...I pointed out RLWC 2021 being held in the UAE was as likely as RLWC 2017 being held in SA. I also reminded you that the 4 sides playing in the comp were all affiliated to the Union sides, they were comprised of cross code players and games had been called off due to lack of participants......again, facts. You do struggle with these don't you?

headhunter wrote:
Yeah, I think the referee would be stepping in at this point. Maybe you should rejoin the forum with a different alias.

The referee? Calling the Mods.......could you run any faster?

headhunter wrote:
Again, let's spell it out just to be perfectly clear:

What...your opinion?

UAERF do not intervene and Mokdad receives a warning from GAYSW telling him to register his federation and that he needs to step down as President, since that position can only be held by an Emirati. UAERF do intervene despite having no legal right to do so and Mokdad is thrown in jail and then blackmailed into signing away the sport and issuing a public apology for a crime that he did not commit. Got it? Good.[/quote]
Yep...your opinion. I was right again.

Here...try again

answer truthfully now...

1. Did Sol Mokdad set up a sports governing body incorrectly, contravening the laws of the UAE?
2. Did Sol Mokdad present himself as the "President" of this organisation, that was illegally set up?
3. When arrested, did it transpire that Sol Mokdad's Visa had expired, making him at the time being in the UAE and Illegal act?
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 17 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Mar 19 17:313rd Mar 19 17:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
King Street Cat wrote:
Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.

Jim Pooley wrote:
Nope. The facts are exactly as how I laid them out. You wriggling on the hook crying foul as to how the authorities were alerted to the law breaker Sol Mokdad are an aside...he broke the law!
No, he didn't break the law that he was imprisoned and reprimanded for, which was infringing on the UAERF's jurisdiction.

The referee? Calling the Mods.......could you run any faster?
I'm not calling for the mods, I'm calling for a referee to put you out of your misery here. It's got to the stage where you are trying to debate things that nobody else has mentioned, repeating questions that have already been answered and desperately attempting to insult or discredit the victims in some sort of vain attempt to save face. Your argument has literally been reduced to you sticking your fingers in your ears and claiming to be right. It's embarrassing.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
PROGRESS

headhunter wrote:
No, he didn't break the law that he was imprisoned and reprimanded for, which was infringing on the UAERF's jurisdiction. [/e]
Nope. He broke the law.
To set up and run a sporting governing body in the UAE you need to follow procedure. He didn't and therefore he set up an illegal entity
He then called himself "President" of said entity, again braking UAE law that states that only an Emirati can hold this position.
Strike 3 was that when arrested for posing as a president of a sporting body, whilst not actually being president (not Emirati) of a sporting body (not set up correctly) it also tuned out he was in the country with out the correct visa...again, this is against the law.
3 times and counting...and no amount of supposition will change this.

headhunter wrote:
I'm not calling for the mods, I'm calling for a referee to put you out of your misery here. It's got to the stage where you are trying to debate things that nobody else has mentioned, repeating questions that have already been answered and desperately attempting to insult or discredit the victims in some sort of vain attempt to save face. Your argument has literally been reduced to you sticking your fingers in your ears and claiming to be right. It's embarrassing.

Nope.
I have repeatedly said that what happened was morally wrong. What you have done is ignore the fact that no matter how his law breaking was discovered or highlighted, HE BROKE THE LAW.
As for you calling for the mods. If asking me to log in as someone else wasn't a scream for help, then what was it? You are wrong here.....I am not making a stance against the moral wrongs committed, but the guy was incarcerated for breaking the laws of the UAE, no matter how wrong we think it was.

Let's do this one more time shall we?

1. Did Sol Mokdad set up a sports governing body incorrectly, contravening the laws of the UAE?
2. Did Sol Mokdad present himself as the "President" of this organisation, that was illegally set up?
3. When arrested, did it transpire that Sol Mokdad's Visa had expired, making him at the time being in the UAE and Illegal act?

They really aren't anything other than yes/no questions, but as you've exhibited, you don't handle the truth well unless it suits your one eyed agenda
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 17 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
King Street Cat wrote:
Some might look at this as being harsh but I think it's fair. When are the Rugby League going to stop persisting with this fantasy expansion. If it hasn't worked by now, it never will! I'm all for reaching out to a wider audience with our game but not at the expense of historical clubs in the homelands.

Jim Pooley wrote:
Nope.
I have repeatedly said that what happened was morally wrong. What you have done is ignore the fact that no matter how his law breaking was discovered or highlighted, HE BROKE THE LAW.
As for you calling for the mods. If asking me to log in as someone else wasn't a scream for help, then what was it? You are wrong here.....I am not making a stance against the moral wrongs committed, but the guy was incarcerated for breaking the laws of the UAE, no matter how wrong we think it was.
No, it was not only morally wrong, it was legally wrong too. Mokdad broke the law by not registering his federation with GAYSW, he did not break the law by starting a RL federation without consulting the UAERF, which is the offense that he was arrested for. His arrest was not because of him not registering with GAYSW, it was a result of the bogus claim of RL ownership by UAERF. This is the point that you seem unable (or unwilling) to grasp.

Let's do this one more time shall we?

They really aren't anything other than yes/no questions, but as you've exhibited, you don't handle the truth well unless it suits your one eyed agenda
You can do it as many times as you like, you know full well that I've already answered these questions once, you even replied to my answer. Repeating yourself isn't going to change the issues at hand here or make any of the other points (which you have ignored) any less relevant.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
PROGRESS

headhunter wrote:
Mokdad broke the law.

There see....that wasn't that hard was it!
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 17 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
King Street Cat wrote:

Jim Pooley wrote:
There see....that wasn't that hard was it!
It wasn't hard 10 posts ago, that doesn't change the fact that his actual arrest and imprisonment was for an offense that had no legal basis, that being that he started a RL federation without permission from the RU federation.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
PROGRESS

headhunter wrote:
It wasn't hard 10 posts ago, that doesn't change the fact that his actual arrest and imprisonment was for an offense that had no legal basis, that being that he started a RL federation without permission from the RU federation.

It makes no odds......he broke the law. Let's try it one at a time shall we?
He didn't set up the UAE RL correctly....do you agree on this point?
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 17 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
King Street Cat wrote:

Jim Pooley wrote:
It makes no odds......he broke the law.
Of course it makes a difference. Someone could break the law by getting a parking ticket, that doesn't mean that they can then be arrested and charged for a completely different, made-up crime.
Let's try it one at a time shall we?
He didn't set up the UAE RL correctly....do you agree on this point?
Yeah, he should've registered with GAYSW. He almost certainly would've faced obstruction in doing that but yeah, he should've done it if possible. But for the umpteenth time, that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't arrested for an incorrect setup, he was arrested because the RU body wrongly claimed that he was infringing on their territory by starting a RL federation.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
PROGRESS

headhunter wrote:
Yeah, he should've registered with GAYSW. .

Good
Did he then call himself President of the UAERL, even though he wasn't an Emirati?
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 17 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
King Street Cat wrote:

Jim Pooley wrote:
Good
Did he then call himself President of the UAERL, even though he wasn't an Emirati?
Yes, Mokdad's organization of the UAERL was in violation of GAYSW regulations, that is not in question and never has been, in fact it has already been clarified several times on this thread. Now you answer this:
Did Mokdad break the law by starting a RL federation without consulting the RU federation, which is what he was arrested and imprisoned for?
PreviousNext