JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 08 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Sep 17 07:299th Sep 17 20:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:44 am  
A good post and i agree with what you say, some of these chanting and abusing officials would soon be running to the boss if they had to put up with it in their work place. Im not an official just a Rugby League fan, and have been following the sport in excess of 50 years.

The one one I will say though is i can see why fans get somewhat exasperated with officials, many a time during games, you will see various things, lets say one that i saw last week, 3 players in on a tackle, and the tackled player, was deemed to have knocked on, so the defending team got the scrum, now i saw that incident and the ref was barely 2 metres in front of play, how he arrived at that decission i will never know, but the best is yet to come, about 5 minutes later, the exact same thing happened again, only this time the rolls were reversed the other team lost the ball in a three man tackle, but guess what, this time the team that lost the got a penalty it was deemed to be a steal 3 on 1 in a tackle, it beggars belief, the team in question that had both the deciaaions go there way!!! Leeds, I say no more.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 03 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Aug 16 11:3717th Aug 16 11:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

//fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 am  
This game that his club have stood him down for, isn't he injured anyway?

Justin Morgan got a £4k fine for describing Thaler as "substandard". I'd suggest calling him retarded trumps that one.

Not sure what club policy is on RFL fines, whether the player is expected to pay it out of his own pocket or it comes out of club funds?
RankPostsTeam
International Star1085No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Oct 15 11:0924th Jun 15 18:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Believe

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am  
interchange wrote:
Last weekend I worked on 3 games in 2 days. As a female official I suffered abuse and discrimination, got soaking wet on all but the first game. It was cold and muddy. I didn't get fed at any of the games. Did a 200 mile round trip for one of them. Barely get paid enough to cover my travel. Then you get idiots like this that think that the abuse they dish out on a public forum is acceptable. Not only do they think they are entitled to vent in such a manner but they fail to realise the impact this has on the wider RL so called supporting public and how they think they are entitled to vent their frustrations on the easiest target they can find.

The reality is that I did 3 games in 2 days last weekend and I'm scheduled to do 2 tomorrow. We have a shortage of officials this year due to eveyone moving to a summer season and the fact that it is so difficult to recruit due to the abuse given. I had a friend abandon a game 2 weeks ago due to homophobic abuse and a man refusing to leave the field, following him round chanting it. For me the reality is that I now have a zero tollerance approach. My cards are in my pocket for a reason and I'm not afraid to use them wether that's a spectator, a player or a club official. You wouldn't expect me to come up and abuse you in your place of work then don't do it to us!

Great post.
It's one thing for fully time professionals to be abused...they ought to be thick-skinned and at least earn a living out of it, but there are so many lower grade officials who get virtually nothing back except the satisfaction of being involved in the game.
It's a shame some ungrateful numpties seem intent on ruining that.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1650No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 09 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Nov 12 09:567th Nov 12 13:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 pm  
Last weekend I worked on 3 games in 2 days. As a female official I suffered abuse and discrimination, got soaking wet on all but the first game. It was cold and muddy. I didn't get fed at any of the games. Did a 200 mile round trip for one of them. Barely get paid enough to cover my travel. Then you get idiots like this that think that the abuse they dish out on a public forum is acceptable. Not only do they think they are entitled to vent in such a manner but they fail to realise the impact this has on the wider RL so called supporting public and how they think they are entitled to vent their frustrations on the easiest target they can find.

The reality is that I did 3 games in 2 days last weekend and I'm scheduled to do 2 tomorrow. We have a shortage of officials this year due to eveyone moving to a summer season and the fact that it is so difficult to recruit due to the abuse given. I had a friend abandon a game 2 weeks ago due to homophobic abuse and a man refusing to leave the field, following him round chanting it. For me the reality is that I now have a zero tollerance approach. My cards are in my pocket for a reason and I'm not afraid to use them wether that's a spectator, a player or a club official. You wouldn't expect me to come up and abuse you in your place of work then don't do it to us!

Good post-I was a ref and called it a day due to abuse. I wasnt prepared to travel acoss London to be abused by players and officials. I stated my case to the RFL head of Refs (low level refs!) who didnt seem to care. That was the last I heard from anyone involved with refs. Its only the tax man I hear from now as refs fees are an income!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach338No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 26 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Jun 23 14:4212th Jun 23 12:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:27 pm  
interchange wrote:

Whilst agreeing with your sentiments, if a workman turned up at your house who was sub-standard with a lack of competency would you bring him to task over his short comings ???
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member27757No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Jan 21 14:1929th May 18 16:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
An Ode to Sepp Blatter

Dadbod

Next In Line To The Throne

St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes

Follow my wisdom on Twitter

Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:28 pm  
Makes me laugh at how quickly players criticise referees so quickly and yet they act like scolded little children, whining away about fairness whenever supporters offering similar instant criticism. Perhaps there's a lesson for players here.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 14 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Apr 15 18:1430th Mar 15 21:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:17 pm  
Whilst agreeing with your sentiments, if a workman turned up at your house who was sub-standard with a lack of competency would you bring him to task over his short comings ???

By calling him a retard do you mean?

There are plenty of incompetent players taking to our countries fields every week. If they were good they would have stands full of people watching, as it is most are poor and play on back fields and get back field refs.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Aug 18 19:077th Aug 18 19:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The older I get, the better I was

Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator."

cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:31 pm  
clockwork mouse wrote:

In the same manner as the abuse refs get from numptie speccies?

Or where you stand is it more a case of: "I say referee, old chap, I thought your decision not to award us a penalty was rather sub-standard what?"
RankPostsTeam
International Star46No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th May 12 16:1424th May 12 16:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:41 pm  
clockwork mouse wrote:

...and what makes you think he is qualified to judge? The majority of people who make these comments and act in such a way have only a rudimentary knowledge of the game and certainly no understanding of what a referee or touch judge does. A few weeks ago we had Mark Aston complaining that the near side touch judge missed his player taking out the kicker late and was quite rightly sin binned. His main complaint was that the near side tough judge didn't come on for it or see it. That's because the near side touch judge did his job and followed the ball where the far side one cleared the kicker and watched for offences in back play. When someone as high profile as this doesn't know or understand what we are doing when we are doing a job what hope do we have because the general public will always believe someone like him over those of us who spend out time doing the job. We are all human and make mistakes that's the reality of it but we do not go out to make mistakes on purpose. Thierry has been dropped twice this season for miscounting tackles as it is such a basic part of the game but how many players this year have been dropped for knocking the ball on, missing a tackle or making a bad pass all of which are basic areas of the game that professional players should get right. People talk about fairness and consistency but all they want is fairness and consistency by their own biased standards. I could go on with dozens of instances of supporters getting on the refs back for what they perceive to be mistakes only to be shown later that the ref had in fact got the correct call but you never hear of anyone apologising to the official for their mistake in getting it wrong.
bren2k 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th May 20 12:495th May 20 08:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Clint Greenshields : Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 pm  
I don't think Ben is retarded.