WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors - 19:45:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Wakefield Trinity v Wigan Warriors - 19:45:00

Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:23 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 160
Rep Position: 29th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

upthecats wrote:
It's not embarrassing at all...maybe I should have finished with...at present...or..on current form...but I wouldn't swap him for any prop in the league!

My old man at 78 played over 100 professional games and will be in the history books as being the biggest prop in his time playing. He's forgot more about being a prop than you will ever know so when he tells me big Dave is one of the best around at present then i'll gladly agree with him...

If he stays injury free he will be an absolute shoe in for one of two dream team spots and is a very lively dark horse for man of steel...

Fit bloke, your old man!
Posted by upthecats on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:54 pm
upthecats User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 139th / 77,541

Haha...yeah looks all wrong now reading it again...should pay more attention after a few drinks!

Having said that though I don't think he'd have looked out of place in the Wigan pack the other night...
Posted by Egg Banjo on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 pm
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 133rd / 77,541

Fifita is currently the highest placed prop in the MoS table
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Posted by ThePrinter on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:36 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 176
Rep Position: 24th / 77,541

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
snowie wrote:
https://twitter.com/david_fifita_/status/1116961367398002688

now justify your comment

Gladly, never said their wasn’t a bad tackle in the game, it’s rugby, it happens...personally think Fifita should be better and discuss this in person with the Wigan players if he hates it so much rather than on social media sympathy inducing fan approving tweets, that’s weak.

Doesn’t mean every game has to become a referee bashing/opposition were filthy thread. Yes it’ll happen on some games, just seems to happen every Wakefield game whether win or lose and you guys concentrate more on that than the actual performance.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:05 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 354
Rep Position: 9th / 77,541

ThePrinter wrote:
Gladly, never said their wasn’t a bad tackle in the game, it’s rugby, it happens...personally think Fifita should be better and discuss this in person with the Wigan players if he hates it so much rather than on social media sympathy inducing fan approving tweets, that’s weak.

Doesn’t mean every game has to become a referee bashing/opposition were filthy thread. Yes it’ll happen on some games, just seems to happen every Wakefield game whether win or lose and you guys concentrate more on that than the actual performance.

With some of the endless rubbish that's put out on social media, this was fair enough.

It's irrelevant whether Trinity fans are always complaining and on this issue, when there were so many casualties in one game,
albeit not all from cannon ball type tackles, I'm certainly ok with a player speaking out in the way thet Fifita did.
He wasn't suggesting that anything should happen in the way of bans, other than suggesting that the game would be better without that kind of stuff.
Are you really going to try and argue against that ??
Personally, I'd have been happy for him to even things up on the field but, thankfully, Fifita just got on with the game.

The Wigan fans are complaining that only their side is coming in for any stick over this but, in all seriousness, it's their side that seem to be the worst perpetrators and their reputation goes before them.
Posted by rollin thunder on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:20 am
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 189
Rep Position: 21st / 77,541

snowie wrote:
https://twitter.com/david_fifita_/status/1116961367398002688

now justify your comment

Shocker that, malious cynical play. Any less than 6 matches is a disgrace, 8-10 games for that, a message needs sending out.
Posted by upthecats on Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:02 pm
upthecats User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 139th / 77,541

Grade A for Shorrocks for that on Fifita...not a tackle I like to see and think more should be being done to eradicate it from the game...it will end in a serious injury for someone...the momentum had stopped with players around him...he won’t have been expecting it either...

As for the rest...Powell has picked up 2 matches for the challenge on Lyne which is more than fair as Lyne is looking to be ok for Thursday...England’s was an accidental collision with Isa and Miller collided with Matty Ashurst.

So...maybe the young Wigan side weren’t quite as dirty as many thought...
Posted by bren2k on Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 266
Rep Position: 14th / 77,541

ThePrinter wrote:

Printer is back then.
Previous