WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - "The Tommy Makinson/Tom Johnstone Love in - fill your boots"

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace "The Tommy Makinson/Tom Johnstone Love in - fill your boots"

Posted by ThePrinter on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:03 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 10382
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
On the flip side Fans of so called bigger clubs don’t like a newcomer at the table forcing them to look at someone who doesn’t play in their 4 team league & they don’t want to play with the new kid so stick together Hoping that the newcomer will go away soon enough leaving them to discuss themselves to death.


Give over, do you really think a Leeds fan cares if a Wigan or Saints player plays or visa versa and we want their players involved over players from certain other teams. Don’t see anybody not wanting McGillivary out even though he’s not from one of the ‘big boys’.

I think SOME fans of ‘smaller’ clubs put way too much and much more into what club international players play for than fans of the ‘bigger’ clubs.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by JINJER on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:37 pm
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:47 am
Posts: 6962
Location: WF6,a small town in Wakefield
To be fair most Trinity supporters are as fair minded as any other specci's, there's only Vastman and his alter ego WakeyTrin1873 that tend to troll.
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
Posted by Phuzzy on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:54 am
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 3243
Location: Just about to go do some work!
Surely this is a non debate? Makinson has proven himself at International standard and has shown himself to be outstanding, even at that level. It's irrelevant who was top try scorer at a level below this in much the same way as proclaiming a championship player "best winger" because they scored more tries than anyone in Superleague.

Greg Eden was top try scoring winger the season before. Is anyone really comparing that to, say, Ryan Hall's record at international level and saying he should be above him in the international pecking order because of it?

Johnstone is a good player who could go on to be whatever he wants. However, if he isn't top try scoring winger next year will those same fans who are bigging him up be equally vociferous in voicing their objection should he make the international team and declaring whoever is top scorer as the rightful choice? I seriously doubt it.
Posted by Judder Man on Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:52 am
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Now in Enemy Country
Phuzzy wrote:
Surely this is a non debate? Makinson has proven himself at International standard and has shown himself to be outstanding, even at that level. It's irrelevant who was top try scorer at a level below this in much the same way as proclaiming a championship player "best winger" because they scored more tries than anyone in Superleague.

Greg Eden was top try scoring winger the season before. Is anyone really comparing that to, say, Ryan Hall's record at international level and saying he should be above him in the international pecking order because of it?

Johnstone is a good player who could go on to be whatever he wants. However, if he isn't top try scoring winger next year will those same fans who are bigging him up be equally vociferous in voicing their objection should he make the international team and declaring whoever is top scorer as the rightful choice? I seriously doubt it.


Its a non debate for Vastman and his Parochial Viewpoint he has been in denial the previous 7 days and now gone AWOL.

At the end of the day its a british player who has won the award, and in the achievement has put one up on the aussies who don't give much appreciation of what we want to achieve in having a proper international calendar that is stronger than there darling origin series.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Posted by little wayne69 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:26 pm
little wayne69 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 9th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm
Posts: 417
JINJER wrote:
To be fair most Trinity supporters are as fair minded as any other specci's, there's only Vastman and his alter ego WakeyTrin1873 that tend to troll.

That Fishermanscap isn't a very pleasant dude either, he needs to chill out a lot :CHILL:
Posted by bren2k on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:06 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 7th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Posts: 14273
Location: Ossett
Tommy Duckfingers wrote:
Can we just clear up that a small handfull of posters by no means speak for "Wakefield Fans" and the majority of us have no desire to be lumped together.

TJ is a very, very good winger but behind Makinson and even MacGillivary by some way at the moment in my opinion. He'll get his chance soon enough though if he keeps up the good work.


This is also my position - although I don't necessarily agree with the second comparison. Johnstone is a real talent, and will have a good international career - but Makinson is currently a better, more rounded player - particularly in defence.

Printer makes a habit of reading a post by one person and attributing that view to every supporter of the club in question; it's not only immature, but faulty logic, in that there isn't a single set of fans in SL who operate as a hive mind - if that were the case, we could assume that all Leeds fans are supercilious, patronising and like the sound of their own voices - but we don't, because we understand that Printer is not representative of all Leeds supporters.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:07 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 10331
ThePrinter wrote:
Give over, do you really think a Leeds fan cares if a Wigan or Saints player plays or visa versa and we want their players involved over players from certain other teams. Don’t see anybody not wanting McGillivary out even though he’s not from one of the ‘big boys’.

I think SOME fans of ‘smaller’ clubs put way too much and much more into what club international players play for than fans of the ‘bigger’ clubs.
Posted by ThePrinter on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:49 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 10382
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
bren2k wrote:
Printer makes a habit of reading a post by one person and attributing that view to every supporter of the club in question; it's not only immature, but faulty logic,.


I repeatedly have put SOME fans. You do realise what some means don’t you? May have been some posts where I haven’t but shouldn’t need to put it every single time.

Also must’ve missed all the times people have used the term “typical Whino fan”
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barrett was robbed, bren2k, BRIXTON, Budgiezilla, Bullsmad, domthebull, eric35, Foti with the goaty, Karen, little wayne69, LyndsayGill, nadera78, northmanchesterdevil, Papá Genial, Pumpetypump, scarrie, tigertot and 133 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,822,1531,55577,3074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 31st Jan 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 2nd Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 7th Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 8th Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 9th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HULL KR
Sat 9th Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2