Posted by reffy on Wed May 16, 2018 3:10 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 40

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's up to the defending team to prevent him scoring, either out wide or, under the sticks.
If he wasnt's to risk taking the ball closer to the sticks then, that's up to him but, he may get tackled etc

Where do you stand on dummy runners ?

He probably spits them out.
Re: Fev-Hull
Post Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm
Posted by majorhound on Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm
majorhound Stevo's Armpit

wrencat1873 wrote:
It's up to the defending team to prevent him scoring, either out wide or, under the sticks.
If he wasnt's to risk taking the ball closer to the sticks then, that's up to him but, he may get tackled etc

Where do you stand on dummy runners ?

So every time a player crosses and appears to put the ball down they are fair game for floppers, or any other form of trying to hurt a player who's just scored? Shaul had his back to the tackler and appeared to ground the ball. As long as its understood that a player who appears to have just scored is open to be tackled and tackled hard fair enough. But we all know that won't be the case.
Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

majorhound wrote:
So every time a player crosses and appears to put the ball down they are fair game for floppers, or any other form of trying to hurt a player who's just scored? Shaul had his back to the tackler and appeared to ground the ball. As long as its understood that a player who appears to have just scored is open to be tackled and tackled hard fair enough. But we all know that won't be the case.

Until a player actually scores of course they may be tackled.
As for any "afters", that would be up to the ref to deal with and the longer the player takes to put the ball down, ie feigning a score and then moving closer to the sticks, the more likely he is to be tackled.

Any foul play during the act of scoring or just after, could result in a penalty try so, it's not really in anyone's interests to get involved in too many afters.
However, you would want the defending side to make every effort to prevent a score.
Post Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 pm
Posted by Upanunder on Wed May 16, 2018 8:06 pm
Upanunder Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,273

wrencat1873 wrote:
Until a player actually scores of course they may be tackled.
As for any "afters", that would be up to the ref to deal with and the longer the player takes to put the ball down, ie feigning a score and then moving closer to the sticks, the more likely he is to be tackled.

Any foul play during the act of scoring or just after, could result in a penalty try so, it's not really in anyone's interests to get involved in too many afters.
However, you would want the defending side to make every effort to prevent a score.

I can't believe this is even a discussion
I'm amazed your actually having to explain it
Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:06 pm
Posted by Hessle Roader on Wed May 16, 2018 9:06 pm
Hessle Roader User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 320

Location: Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
Upanunder wrote:
I can't believe this is even a discussion
I'm amazed your actually having to explain it

Unfortunately there are some on here who cannot understand something as simple as this. Its up to the more intelligent to educate such folk.
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND
Post Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am
Posted by Karen on Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,273

majorhound wrote:
what Shaul did was tantamount to cheating

This has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on here in the nearly 16 years I've been a member of RLFans...and trust me, there's been a lot in that time!!!

If a player gaining a kicking angle advantage upsets you so greatly, I suggest you try watching a different sport.

Cheating??? *Shakes Head* :CRAZY: :CRAZY: :CRAZY:
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Post Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 pm
Posted by Hessle Roader on Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 pm
Hessle Roader User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 320

Location: Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
Karen wrote:
This has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on here in the nearly 16 years I've been a member of RLFans...and trust me, there's been a lot in that time!!!

If a player gaining a kicking angle advantage upsets you so greatly, I suggest you try watching a different sport.

Cheating??? *Shakes Head* :CRAZY: :CRAZY: :CRAZY:

Absolutely. Majorhound has Minorbrain.
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND
Post Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 pm
Posted by Hasbag on Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 pm
Hasbag User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,273

Hessle Roader wrote:
Unfortunately there are some on here who cannot understand something as simple as this. Its up to the more intelligent to educate such folk.

I dont think him/her understanding is the problem. He/she's just purposely been an idiot for the sake of it.
Post Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm
Posted by Wellsy13 on Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm
Wellsy13 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Can i just make it clear, as I innocently believed it was incredibly clear before, that the defender has the responsibility of stopping the try scorer!

The Fev defender switched off. That doesn't mean he needs to bang every player going in to ground the ball. It means he shouldn't just stop to let him walk past: cover the space between the post and the player man! Just stand there at least! Don't walk past lazily and wonder why people have scored under the posts!

Unless it is actually cheating, and I've not seen this rule written anywhere...
Post Thu May 17, 2018 7:02 pm
Posted by Cokey on Thu May 17, 2018 7:02 pm
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 44
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,273

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Wellsy13 wrote:
Can i just make it clear, as I innocently believed it was incredibly clear before, that the defender has the responsibility of stopping the try scorer!

The Fev defender switched off. That doesn't mean he needs to bang every player going in to ground the ball. It means he shouldn't just stop to let him walk past: cover the space between the post and the player man! Just stand there at least! Don't walk past lazily and wonder why people have scored under the posts!

Unless it is actually cheating, and I've not seen this rule written anywhere...

Spot on that Wellsy.
PreviousNext