WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Wakefield Trinity v St. Helens - 15:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Wakefield Trinity v St. Helens - 15:00:00

Posted by vastman on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:27 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Towns88 wrote:
He was as he is baba in defence. Chris Chesters words not mine.

Yeah but they are not Chester's words are they, they are your words and as ever they are typical nonsense Johnstone wasn't dropped, he was rested (Chesters actual words) as he is still suffering some inflammation to hid knee - you may recall he's coming back from a potentially career threatening injury.

Any chance of you not absolute fool?

Seriously do you really want us to believe that a pro like Chester goes around slagging his players off to random Cas fans?
SUPPORT SWAG...
Posted by tigertot on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:28 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 308

Chester's comments on radio Leeds post match definitely suggested players had been dropped for poor performances.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Posted by TURFEDOUT on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:13 pm
TURFEDOUT Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
Yeah but they are not Chester's words are they, they are your words and as ever they are typical nonsense Johnstone wasn't dropped, he was rested (Chesters actual words) as he is still suffering some inflammation to hid knee - you may recall he's coming back from a potentially career threatening injury.

Any chance of you not absolute fool?

Seriously do you really want us to believe that a pro like Chester goes around slagging his players off to random Cas fans?

Chester did indeed confirm on the radio both Johnstone and Pauli weren't selected and that it wasn't due to injuries.
Although he didn't actually use the exact word "baba" for Johnstones defence,he did make reference to it not been good enough.
Posted by Towns88 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:47 pm
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,037

Vastman, where the hell have you been ? You finally paid your internet bill ?

I exaggerated baba I'll take that.. but Chris Chester said on radio Leeds after the game (well played on a good and important win) that Tom Johnstone had been dropped and he'd been judged on the tries he's conceded not so much scored but he will come back in contention against Salford. I rate TJ and firmly believe he will get international honours very soon, but his defence needs to improve in my opinion ( and your coaches it seems).

Plus if Chris Chester had told me his team beforehand I certainly wouldn't trust him :lol:
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Posted by Willzay on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:51 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,037

Towns88 wrote:
Vastman, where the hell have you been ? You finally paid your internet bill ?

I exaggerated baba I'll take that.. but Chris Chester said on radio Leeds after the game (well played on a good and important win) that Tom Johnstone had been dropped and he'd been judged on the tries he's conceded not so much scored but he will come back in contention against Salford. I rate TJ and firmly believe he will get international honours very soon, but his defence needs to improve in my opinion ( and your coaches it seems).

Plus if Chris Chester had told me his team beforehand I certainly wouldn't trust him :lol:

Tell you something if Chester drops players on poor defence Grix should be the next one.
Posted by Karen on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:04 pm
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,037

Willzay wrote:
3 things suprised me today

1 - The cursed second half blip which has cost us the past 5 games was again looking to maybe cost us another two points, if it weren't for the steely defence. In particular Reece Lyne.

2. We managed to actually recover from a Scott Grix cock up.

3. The graciousness of Saints fans I met at BV today.

No 3 really surprises me. In 2005 Saints were expected to sweep the board and when we came up against them in the CC semi final we weren't given a hope in hell's chance of reaching the final. That day we played the best 80 minutes of rugby I have ever seen a side in B&W play, and we blew a fabulous Saints side apart. On the way back to the cars and coaches, the Saints fans lined the streets and applauded the Hull fans, shaking our hands, hugging us and wishing us all the very best for the final. It was a sight that really brought a lump to our throats and whilst we always seems to get along with Saints fans anyway, that total act of graciousness really cemented the friendship between the 2 clubs long before Precky did.
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Posted by Judder Man on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,037

Karen wrote:
No 3 really surprises me. In 2005 Saints were expected to sweep the board and when we came up against them in the CC semi final we weren't given a hope in hell's chance of reaching the final. That day we played the best 80 minutes of rugby I have ever seen a side in B&W play, and we blew a fabulous Saints side apart. On the way back to the cars and coaches, the Saints fans lined the streets and applauded the Hull fans, shaking our hands, hugging us and wishing us all the very best for the final. It was a sight that really brought a lump to our throats and whilst we always seems to get along with Saints fans anyway, that total act of graciousness really cemented the friendship between the 2 clubs long before Precky did.

Yes I remember that well, we got totally thrashed by a very convincing Hull side. Quite a few saints fans formed two lines for the Hull fans to walk through, some Hull fans most have first thoughts of trouble but that soon dissapeared as the Hull fans were clapped to there coaches and cars.

There has been a lot of mutual respect between the two clubs for a very long time now.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Posted by Towns88 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:57 pm
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,037

Fair few saints fans were applauding cas fans after the semi last year, from their coaches on Wheldon road, very gracious considering they had the game all but won and outscored us 5 tries to 3, decent calibre of fans.
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Posted by Tigerade on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:16 pm
Tigerade User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

vastman wrote:
Johnstone wasn't dropped, he was rested (Chesters actual words) as he is still suffering some inflammation to hid knee - you may recall he's coming back from a potentially career threatening injury.

Dropped along with Pauli Pauli and Ryan Hampshire, due to their recent poor performances. Here :-

http://www.totalrl.com/chris-chester-ex ... s-absence/
Posted by Willzay on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:00 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,037

Don't get the Hampshire one. At all. The guy didn't put a foot wrong against Hull or Leeds.
PreviousNext