WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON GROUP C : Wales v Ireland - Sun - 07:30:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace & RLWC2017 GAME ON GROUP C : Wales v Ireland - Sun - 07:30:00

Posted by Marvin on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:40 am
Marvin User avatar
ADMIN
ADMIN

Location: "Don't pretend you want to talk to me, I know you hate me."

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD CUP 2017

GAME ON GROUP C : Wales v Ireland - Sun - 07:30:00

GENERAL CHAT ABOUT THE GAME, BUILD UP, THE ACTION AS IT HAPPENS AND AFTERMATH BELOW.
"You think you've got problems, what are you supposed to do if you're a manically depressed robot? No, don't bother to answer that, I'm fifty thousand times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer. It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."
Posted by roopy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:19 pm
roopy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I was very impressed with Api Pewhairangi for Ireland.
I see he now plays for London Broncos.
I remember him as captain of the Newcastle Knights under 20s many years ago, and he was an outstanding young man. He completed a degree at the local university and spent all his spare time volunteering to work in disability services as I remember, and became quite a celebrity in the local area for his good works.
He was offered a senior contract at the Knights, but went to Parramatta instead, and played a few firstgrade games for them.
I see in the Ireland game yesterday that he is still a very good player, and he is a great young guy. ESL clubs could do worse than looking at signing Api.
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Ireland looked like they have all tournament - a well-coached team with some quality forwards but a bit lacking at halfback and the threequarters. They've won 2 out of 3 games, including a narrow loss to PNG and its a shame they aren't going to get a quarter final.

Wales stank the place out. Scotland did until the Samoa game, which goes to show how much difference attitude makes - Brough and co have clearly being having a laugh rather than actually trying to compete and showing pride in their jersey. The remaining Scots were much, much better against Samoa than they've been with their 'star' halfback in the team.
Posted by SecondRowSaint on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 am
SecondRowSaint User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

roopy wrote:
I was very impressed with Api Pewhairangi for Ireland.
I see he now plays for London Broncos.
I remember him as captain of the Newcastle Knights under 20s many years ago, and he was an outstanding young man. He completed a degree at the local university and spent all his spare time volunteering to work in disability services as I remember, and became quite a celebrity in the local area for his good works.
He was offered a senior contract at the Knights, but went to Parramatta instead, and played a few firstgrade games for them.
I see in the Ireland game yesterday that he is still a very good player, and he is a great young guy. ESL clubs could do worse than looking at signing Api.

Pewhairangi was crap at stand off in the PNG game. I've not watched this match yet but I imagine his natural position is centre.
Rugby is like a hard game of chess!