WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Well done BBC.co.uk
Re: Well done BBC.co.uk
Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:27 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Strong-running second rower

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
They will also receive match payments and prize money depending on how they do. The problem I do have is Austrailia, New Zealand and England getting more from this than tier 2 Nations.

Given those 3 countries are the birthplace of 75% or so of the players on show, that's about right......but that also is a whole other thread!
Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:34 am
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:34 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

That’s completely irrelevant to the match payments and prize money players receive.
Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 pm
Call Me God User avatar

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
That’s completely irrelevant to the match payments and prize money players receive.

No it isn't!
If the players receive match payments, then it still means that the 3 countries mentioned will receive 75% of that income, regardless of what shirt the player is pulling on
Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:14 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:14 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Muggins wrote:
I could be wrong but I got the impression from the RFU guy that they always cover the costs for teams like Samoa. On the one hand it's good to support the smaller nations, but equally they're charging people a lot of money to go and watch England at Twickenham. Would those people be happy knowing that some of their money is being given away to other nations and not being used to support rugby in England? I'm sure there are plenty of rugby clubs in England that need money to improve their facilities and equipment. It's a difficult balance keeping everyone happy. I would prefer that World Rugby dealt with these issues rather than it being the duty of England RU. Anyway, this is a RL forum. :)

Yes they do, I was just reading about Samoan RU being bankrupt & it says-
"One of the things we do when Samoa is here is cover all of their costs whilst they are in the country, so that will happen naturally."

Sorry for the O/T lads. :oops:
Previous