WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos - 18:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace & RLWC2017 GAME ON : Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos - 18:00:00

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:17 am
Mr Dog Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Powell has now taken teams to 6 finals - 5 times as favourites - and won 1. Maybe, just maybe it's him who can't cope with the pressure?
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:21 am
BD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mr Dog wrote:
Powell has now taken teams to 6 finals - 5 times as favourites - and won 1. Maybe, just maybe it's him who can't cope with the pressure?

I do think if this whole drama hadn't have happened, we'd have won. And we'd be having a very different conversation.
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:31 am
Mr Dog Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

BD wrote:
I do think if this whole drama hadn't have happened, we'd have won. And we'd be having a very different conversation.

And if my Auntie had.....

Turning down the penalties early on smacks of poor decision making by someone. Maybe the first decision was made on the pitch but after that?
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 am
BD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mr Dog wrote:

Turning down the penalties early on smacks of poor decision making by someone. Maybe the first decision was made on the pitch but after that?

Completely agree re: the penalties, but people underestimate how much rugby is a mental game as much as a physical one. The body language of the entire squad on Saturday was terrible - can only assume why!!
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:34 am
Towns88 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

[quote="Mr Dog"]Powell has now taken teams to 6 finals - 5 times as favourites - and won 1. Maybe, just maybe it's him who can't cope with the pressure?[/quote

I'll just judge him on his time as Cas where he's taken us to 2 finals. 1 as underdogs 1 as very slight favourites where he was informed 2 days before the final that he would be without his star full back for the game giving 1 training session for someone else to play full back.He then saw his side make 18 handling errors. He wasn't the 1 repeatedly dropping the ball. I know Fev fans like to stick the knife into Powell regarding finals but how have Fev coped since Powell left in comparison to 2010-13. At Cas in 3 years we've reached the challenge cup final a grand final and won the league leaders shield. No other coach could have done that at Cas.
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:47 am
rollin thunder Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

BD wrote:

But you might not have even been there or topped the league if one of your best players wasn't cheating.
So tough.
Leeds would have won anyway they were better, it might have been a bit closer that's all.
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:49 am
Kelvin's Ferret User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Mr Dog wrote:

I think the decision to pass up the early 2 points set the tone for the Cas performance. Lack of big game nous. I think it's all very nice wanting to play free flowing, attacking rugby on a wet autumn night, but Leeds did the sensible thing and played percentages rugby. There was a point where McShane went for a snatched one handed pick up from the ptb and dropped it, he may do that move all the time, but in the conditions a solid pass would have been better.
For contributions, remittances, payments, and all other matters of any responsibility, please refer to someone else.

“The British people love a good hero and a good hate”
Lord Northcliffe
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 am
BD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

rollin thunder wrote:
But you might not have even been there or topped the league if one of your best players wasn't cheating.
So tough.
Leeds would have won anyway they were better, it might have been a bit closer that's all.

Hardaker is a tool but it doesn't enhance his performance.
Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:13 am
Him User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Gronk! wrote:
Jungle by X Ambassadors & Jamie N Commons, according to the Super League Twitter account.

Thank you!
Previous