WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Seven Charges and Three Warnings From Busy Review Panel

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Seven Charges and Three Warnings From Busy Review Panel

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 pm
Erik the not red Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Powell did end his season. Yes he did play on but it was obvious he wasn't moving too well. If he had been jabbed up before the game perhaps the pain at the time was manageable. And yes you can question the wisdom of the Salford medical team in allowing him to play on but ultimately it wasn't them that caused the damage with a grubby, cheap hit - that was all Powell's work.

To call a one match ban for such a foul a punishment is surely a joke, its the lightest slap possible. Sadly I knew when it happened it would be whitewashed so he could play at Wembley and I wasn't exactly shocked when that came to be.
Last edited by Erik the not red on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:32 pm
Salford red all over User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Erik the not red wrote:
Powell did end his season.

Correct, :thumb: as to why he played on well I'll take a guess A) they didn't know the extent of the damage instantly or.... B) it was Salford's biggest day out in twenty years and they wanted to try and keep the dream alive ?
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)

The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)

One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)
Previous