WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves - 19:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace & RLWC2017 GAME ON : Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves - 19:00:00

Post Sun May 21, 2017 12:29 pm
shinymcshine Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Salford red all over wrote:
I'm not jealous I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in Rugby League because I can guarantee you if a lesser player than the chosen one committed that act they would have been punished. But like I say when you take into account his perfect record there's always no case to answer.

Didn't he get away with something similar earlier in the season too (or maybe back end of last season)?

Its far from the worst type of stiff arm headshot, but still another lazy swing, which he perhaps hasn't learnt not to do.
Post Sun May 21, 2017 12:37 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

shinymcshine wrote:
Didn't he get away with something similar earlier in the season too (or maybe back end of last season)?

Its far from the worst type of stiff arm headshot, but still another lazy swing, which he perhaps hasn't learnt not to do.

He did, and although not a direct cause his tackle led to a season ending injury, yet only got a one match ban due to his 'exemplary' record.
Post Mon May 22, 2017 5:01 pm
oooh Gravy! User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

He didn't even get charged
"You dirty dog number 10"
Post Mon May 22, 2017 6:00 pm
Free-scoring winger

Lazy swinging arm, contact with the head, penalty sufficient !?

Really poor, perhaps excusable if he'd been given 10 mins, but no punishment at all is just ridiculous.
Post Mon May 22, 2017 10:08 pm
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Good decisions again from the RFL.

No malice in Lockers challenge and as for people calling for a ban for FPN harmlessly lobbing a boot in to the crowd, let's be serious! He was simply clearing the field of obstructions and should be applauded.
Post Mon May 22, 2017 10:10 pm
Salford red all over User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

And once again his unblemished record stays well just that.
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)

The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)

One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)
Post Tue May 23, 2017 3:49 pm
oooh Gravy! User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

NickyKiss wrote:
Good decisions again from the RFL.

No malice in Lockers challenge and as for people calling for a ban for FPN harmlessly lobbing a boot in to the crowd, let's be serious! He was simply clearing the field of obstructions and should be applauded.

I agree there was no malice but there was still contact with the head, which many players have been banned for this season in very similar incidents.

It will never happen but I'd like to start seeing explanations of why certain 'tackles' warrant a charge and others don't.
Post Tue May 23, 2017 5:30 pm
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

oooh Gravy! wrote:
I agree there was no malice but there was still contact with the head, which many players have been banned for this season in very similar incidents.

It will never happen but I'd like to start seeing explanations of why certain 'tackles' warrant a charge and others don't.

There is an explanation on the RFL website on the disciplinary page if you care to look.
Post Tue May 23, 2017 6:25 pm
oooh Gravy! User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Trainman wrote:
There is an explanation on the RFL website on the disciplinary page if you care to look.

Even on the oloughlin one?
Post Tue May 23, 2017 8:35 pm
Free-scoring winger

oooh Gravy! wrote:
Even on the oloughlin one?

O'Loughlin was spoken to on the field by referee Ben Thaler and Wolves squared the scores at 20-20 as a result of the penalty conversion.

The report from the Match Review Panel on the incident says: "Player making legitimate attempt to tackle opponent who has dipped significantly.

"Arm is not swung forwards, contact is open-handed and arm never comes beyond horizontal.

"Initial contact is to upper chest. Penalty sufficient."
Previous