WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON : Wigan Warriors v Salford Reds Devils - 20:00:00

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON : Wigan Warriors v Salford Reds Devils - 20:00:00

Posted by bezzerscr on Sat May 06, 2017 2:42 pm
bezzerscr Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

A little bit of context here.
In last night's game Wigan had 8 players missing from theIr 17 that played at Salford in round 1 Salford had 6 missing from their 17 that played in that game.
One of those clubs runs a reserve side and has an academy set up that's used as an example for others to follow.
The other has neither.
Conclusion one club had a two player advantage with injury but has less opportunity covering injuries
Posted by wildshot on Sat May 06, 2017 2:51 pm
wildshot User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Well done Salford on a great result and score. I think that you are proving a lot of points this year and so far for me Watson deserves coach of the year.
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity
Posted by Egg Banjo on Sat May 06, 2017 3:52 pm
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

bezzerscr wrote:
A little bit of context here.
In last night's game Wigan had 8 players missing from theIr 17 that played at Salford in round 1 Salford had 6 missing from their 17 that played in that game.
One of those clubs runs a reserve side and has an academy set up that's used as an example for others to follow.
The other has neither.
Conclusion one club had a two player advantage with injury but has less opportunity covering injuries

Great comparison, it puts it into perspective. There should be no shame in losing to Salford this season, they're looking very strong and serious title contenders
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Posted by Willzay on Sat May 06, 2017 4:24 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 8th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

You do have to wonder what was the pint of Wigan bringing Tomkins back? He missed half of last season, missing half of this one, and when/if he gets back, he's clearly not gonna reach the standards he was at in 2011/12.
Posted by Salford 1961 on Sat May 06, 2017 4:49 pm
Salford 1961 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Red-4-life wrote:
We had 14+ players of our own out injured at one point two seasons ago but nobody cared about that did they. People actually laughing at us got celebrating beating Wigan away for the first time in 20 years and being second in the table. No wonder people don't watch our sport.

Red4Life I remember that season very well. At the same time the bans by the RFL also told an interesting story. Half way through the season Salford had over half the total of match bans of the total of all the Super League clubs put together. I don't remember many of the match reports commenting on this.
Getting drunk today is simply a case of borrowing happiness from tomorrow!
Posted by P-J on Sat May 06, 2017 5:01 pm
P-J User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Surprised Salford didn't win by a larger margin to be honest. We ran out an Academy side. Then lost two more long term.
Previous