WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Promotion confidence.
How confident are you on promotion this year?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:07 pm

I am confident we will be promoted
15%
I think we will get promoted but I'm not confident
70%
I think we've blown it
15%

Total votes : 20

Promotion confidence.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:07 pm
Posted by rugbyreddog on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:07 pm
rugbyreddog User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Following yesterdays results and more importantly performance how confident are you that we will get promoted this year?
Throughout the year we have failed to complete our sets and have also spilled balls needlessly. We have also let in some soft tries and we do seem to go missing in big/important games. If we finish top there is obviously no problem but I am seriously worried if we have to go through the play-off route.
Once you've made your choice you can go back and change your mind. THought this might be a good idea in case York shoot them selves in the foot in the coming weeks.
Re: Promotion confidence.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:13 pm
Posted by Fr13daY on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:13 pm
Fr13daY User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I feel that the pressure the team felt yesterday before the game, to not f@#k it up is nothing like the pressure they will be under now in the playoffs.

I also wonder how the club are going to present this 'ultimate 8' thing now it's out of our hands too.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:27 pm
Posted by paulwalker71 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:27 pm
paulwalker71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

I went for the middle option, as it is the nearest to my views

But I'm not that confident to be honest. I'm trying to remain in a kinda 'In John Kear we trust mode' - but some of his choices lately make that a bit problematic!
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:06 pm
Posted by roofaldo2 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:06 pm
roofaldo2 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

We just don't look to have the maturity or composure to win it when the pressure is on.
To be the man.... I forget how the rest of that goes
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 pm
Posted by rugbyreddog on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 pm
rugbyreddog User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

paulwalker71 wrote:
I went for the middle option, as it is the nearest to my views

But I'm not that confident to be honest. I'm trying to remain in a kinda 'In John Kear we trust mode' - but some of his choices lately make that a bit problematic!

Unfortunately it's not just his choices but the fact that we keep making the same mistakes week in week out. And I know it isn't him that drops the ball or lets in the soft try.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:18 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:18 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 392

I went for the middle option too but I am concerned. We lack experience and we'll need every ounce of it in the play offs. I can't see York messing this up now. That means we'll need to do it the hard way. I think if we sort out the attack we should be ok but there's a lot that needs work.

We also need Peltier and Bustin back. A fit McNally would be good too.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:36 pm
Posted by bringbackjimmy on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:36 pm
bringbackjimmy User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

Voting button for "blown it" doesn't appear to be working, but I think that's the likely outcome, I'm sad to say.
We don't seem to handle these better teams confidently, and as soon as the opposing team spoiling tactics start we press the destruct button. I'm with others in that the ref didn't help the situation yesterday, but he wasn't the reason for the loss.
Can I see York beating Workington ? Unfortunately, yes I can, plus I don't see York losing to any of the remaining teams still to play. Which means, potentially, we will have to play Workington again to take the 2nd promotion space. I reckon Leon just might have figured out his strategy now, after beating us twice.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:41 pm
Posted by Bull Mania on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:41 pm
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 24th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 12

Middle option for me. I keep changing my mind between thinking we'll be fine as we can't possibly select a more stupid line up than yesterday, and thinking we've blown it as Leon seems to have the hoodoo on us.

If Kear learns from his selection howler, the players finally realise what we are going to be coming up against and how to manage a game, a referee who will offer us a Little protection and put in the line up Peltier, Bustin, Mcnally and Hytchcox then we should be ok.

So expect injuries to Crossley, Minchella, Ryan against West Wales. Kear has a brain explosion in his selection, the referee sends off one of our players for reacting to a high tackle and Leon is dancing on the field having earned Town promotion. Its the Bradford way.
Post Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:09 pm
Posted by dddooommm on Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:09 pm
dddooommm User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Middle option. We should hopefully have everybody back fit and ready for the final chapter of the season.
BullBuidler - Bradford Bulls Supporters Trust
www.bullbuilder.co.uk
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 am
Posted by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 am
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

I’m confident we will be promoted. There’s a lot to play before 1st and 2nd are decided yet. Both us York and us can easily drop points.
If we are in the play offs whatever had happened in the league is out of the window all it decides is where the game is played.

I just hope the players realise how good they are and have that confidence.

At 14-12 and 16-12 kicking for goal on Sunday (I don’t know if that was Kear or the players’ call) I would have liked to have seen them tap it. Also expecting Keyes to kick it from half way when he’s not kicked a goal in anger for months. Back yourselves lads you can beat anyone in that league.
derek john beaumont @derekabsundecks · Apr 9
The beauty of social media is what is written is cast in stone to contradict what the author decides to say later @drmarwanK
Next