WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Andrew Chalmers on the "West Yorkshire Mafia"

Board index Championship 1 Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net Andrew Chalmers on the "West Yorkshire Mafia"

Posted by roofaldo2 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:37 pm
roofaldo2 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Link for those who've not seen it

Interesting rebuttal to the Wigan Chairman as well as questioning his geographical knowledge :lol:
To be the man.... I forget how the rest of that goes
Posted by zapperbull on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:27 pm
zapperbull User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Great item By Andrew. I like this man, somebody like our coach who tells it as it is :BOW:
There is light at the end of the tunnel ☺ …..NO wait….it’s…It’s the &*%$^& RFL
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 392

While I don’t have a problem with the principles of what Chalmers is saying I do believe that the tone leaves a little to be desired. If I were him I’d try not to get too emotive or flippant whatever he feels personally. That kind of tone will only entrench positions and what the game needs is a united front.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Posted by HamsterChops on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:10 am
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Bullseye wrote:
While I don’t have a problem with the principles of what Chalmers is saying I do believe that the tone leaves a little to be desired. If I were him I’d try not to get too emotive or flippant whatever he feels personally. That kind of tone will only entrench positions and what the game needs is a united front.

I find almost everything he puts out comes across in this manner. It's like the kicking off about Workington not allowing the streaming. He had a couple of half decent points in what he was saying, but because he came across as a child throwing a tantrum, those points were largely lost. I believe he's getting a bit of a reputation amongst the media and a lot of fans (not including the RA&B tinted spectacle wearers) as being a bit childish and emotive, which can mean any good arguments he has may not be paid much attention to.
Posted by Scarey71 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:35 am
Scarey71 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Rose tinted?

This is the issue with the written v spoken AC I mentioned not a week ago. Everyone reads in their own voice in their own head to their way of thinking.

FWIW I see nothing wrong with frank analysis like this, it's a decent piece. He makes some strong points but in my TOV its doesn't come across childish or petulant whereas the streaming statement was cringeworthy.

Speaking to other fans and looking at reactions on twitter I'd say more are behind him (from other clubs and fans) than against him.

In fact I'd be very cheeky and say if your club is in Super League and has W as first letter in it's name then you are likely to dislike the fact he's dismantling, fairly robustly, Leneghan's claims.
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:17 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 392

Think the latest statement is much better than the awful one put out about the streaming. That read like it was written by a petulant teenager on here.

I still think that even mildly taking the mickey out of Leneghan's grasp of geography should be left out of it. Flippancy should be avoided. Stick to the facts. It's a compelling argument on its own.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Posted by Fr13daY on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:39 pm
Fr13daY User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I would love to join the West Yorkshire mafia. I'm presuming I shouldn't send my application to Andrew Chalmers, but all my emails asking for contact details from Leneghan go unanswered.

I have tried to contact Brian McDermott but keep getting an Out Of Office.

Would any of you kindly folk point me at the person to approach to join the "ey-up Nostra" please?
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.