Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:43 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,300

Quiz Score: 0

Marvin Goolash wrote:
Maybe Kear thinks we need to strengthen the side at prop and this was a way to do it by letting Reece go. Just watched Greens highlights on YouTube and I think he might be a good recruit.

Green will do well at this level but will just be steady at Championship level. I believe Fax couldnt meet his wage demands.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: Reiss Butterworth
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:07 am
Posted by madasmcmadammcmad2 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:07 am
madasmcmadammcmad2 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,300

Cherry picking of our best young players will continue until such time as we are back at SL level.I watched Trueman tear Leeds apart at the weekend and it hit home how much the past shambolic management have cost this great club and fans.We should have had many years of watching these players in BULLS colours against top sides.That's the real crime here.
The more he talked of his honour,the faster we counted our spoons.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 am
Posted by Errol Stock on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 am
Errol Stock Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,300

madasmcmadammcmad2 wrote:
Cherry picking of our best young players will continue until such time as we are back at SL level.I watched Trueman tear Leeds apart at the weekend and it hit home how much the past shambolic management have cost this great club and fans.We should have had many years of watching these players in BULLS colours against top sides.That's the real crime here.

100% spot on.

So did I!! Went to Cas expecting a good game and got one.

Like you, exact same thoughts as Trueman took Leeds apart more than once.

As you say, we continue to pay for the mistakes in the past.

Extremely frustrating and the presence of a certain agent up there is doing us no favours whatsoever, and of course he takes a nice slice of the cake.

I fear we will lose some more of our promising youth this coming close season.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:11 pm
Posted by newgroundb4wakey on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:11 pm
newgroundb4wakey Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,300

Green has looked promising for us when he's been given the rare opportunity but we have at least 6 props ahead of him. Should go very well for you.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:46 pm
Posted by Bulliac on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:46 pm
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,300

To be honest, we are where we are. There is nothing we can do but fight our way out of it and try to get back at the top table and if Kear needs to cut and deal to achieve that, then it's fine by me.

If young players leave, then they leave, they have a short career in RL and I don't blame them one iota for maximising the earnings potential that they've got, so if we gain another player (or two) to compensate for our loss then I'll call that a win. In our situation we need to play a longish game and not expect everything to fall into place tomorrow.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:46 pm
Posted by Fr13daY on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:46 pm
Fr13daY User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Bulliac wrote:
To be honest, we are where we are. There is nothing we can do but fight our way out of it and try to get back at the top table and if Kear needs to cut and deal to achieve that, then it's fine by me.

If young players leave, then they leave, they have a short career in RL and I don't blame them one iota for maximising the earnings potential that they've got, so if we gain another player (or two) to compensate for our loss then I'll call that a win. In our situation we need to play a longish game and not expect everything to fall into place tomorrow.

That just about covers it for me too. Reiss obviously knows the pecking order currently (as we have all probably surmised too), and if he has the chance to go f/t with a SL club I don't think there is anything we can do to hinder him.

We can produce these great players, and we even have players in the England U19 team tonight to prove that. When we start heading upwards I'm sure we will be a lot more attractive for them to stay with us.

At least we're getting something our coach wants in return here too. Not like in the past......
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:49 pm
Posted by woolly07 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:49 pm
woolly07 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,300

Kear must think we are covered in that position for next year and possibly the one after that. It is a shame to lose the lad but we need promotion and then hopefully a top half or even try for a top 4 next year. I think we will see a few released this year as they are struggling to get a game in Div 1 never mind the championship next season. We can't keep and sign everyone so things have to give. Foxy built his team round a strong pack and Kear looks similar. As others have said, when we are back pushing at the top of the championship the extra money and bigger games will help with retention and recruitment - hopefully!
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:01 pm
Posted by Betsy Bulls on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:01 pm
Betsy Bulls Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Now stating it's a loan for rest of season
Post Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm
Posted by zapperbull on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:15 pm
zapperbull User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

If Reiss is not getting game time with us then he should go on loan cant see the big deal, however if we let him go next year it will be our loss.
There is light at the end of the tunnel ☺ …..NO wait….it’s…It’s the &*%$^& RFL
Post Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:59 am
Posted by HamsterChops on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:59 am
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,300

Bets'y Bulls wrote:
Now stating it's a loan for rest of season

Green coming on loan to Bradford for the season, with a view to a permanent move for next season.

Can't see why Butterworth would be a loan to Cas though. They're not short of options in the halves and hooker, and I can't see him getting a first team game for them just yet. A permanent signing would make sense as he's a long term option, especially if Adam Milner ends up going to the NRL as has been rumoured.
PreviousNext