JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 22:2126th Apr 24 11:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 am  
Bullmans Parade wrote:
Which would make the sudden suggestion of John kear all the more puzzling. he's still contracted to Wakefield so we would have to agree a compensation deal with them, and I suspect Kear would also command a higher wage than many of the other reported candidates. The whole situation is as clear as mud.

Undoubtedly if we're budgeting on 3k season ticket sales then the fact that we're just under half that means there's less money (though everyone saw this coming). How they'll get Kear I don't know. He won't come cheap. I suspect other candidates must have pulled out when they found out information such as projected budgets or their salary or both.

It all seems a bit odd but if the coaching salary is peanuts for a part time gig we'll be lucky to get anyone decent. I'm prepared to hear Leigh Beattie or John Bastian getting it.

This is what happens when you get an owner with no money who isn't good at marketing and PR.

However, if by some miracle we get Kear then it'll create a bit of a bounce. Whether it'll be enough to make up the budget black hole who knows?
RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 19 16:3912th May 19 16:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 am  
Bullseye wrote:
Undoubtedly if we're budgeting on 3k season ticket sales then the fact that we're just under half that means there's less money (though everyone saw this coming). How they'll get Kear I don't know. He won't come cheap. I suspect other candidates must have pulled out when they found out information such as projected budgets or their salary or both.

It all seems a bit odd but if the coaching salary is peanuts for a part time gig we'll be lucky to get anyone decent. I'm prepared to hear Leigh Beattie or John Bastian getting it.

This is what happens when you get an owner with no money who isn't good at marketing and PR.

However, if by some miracle we get Kear then it'll create a bit of a bounce. Whether it'll be enough to make up the budget black hole who knows?

IF we get Kear (and that's a bloody big IF), then the club could do worse than extend the early bird offer. Not a lot of people are going to want to pay £199 for a terracing season ticket, regardless of who the coach is. At the early bird price, after announcing John Kear, they may just shift a few more.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31592
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 am  
I'm sure they would. I'd buy one if we landed Kear.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years149th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Apr 24 20:3726th Apr 24 11:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 am  
HamsterChops wrote:
IF we get Kear (and that's a bloody big IF), then the club could do worse than extend the early bird offer. Not a lot of people are going to want to pay £199 for a terracing season ticket, regardless of who the coach is. At the early bird price, after announcing John Kear, they may just shift a few more.

As if by magic ;)

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/ ... -extension
HamsterChops wrote:

As if by magic ;)

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/ ... -extension
RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 am  

That's assuming they announce the coach before Sunday though, otherwise it makes no difference really.

Perhaps they're hoping the rumour of Kear will get people to buy them, then they can announce Sharp or Bastian on Sunday.

That's assuming they announce the coach before Sunday though, otherwise it makes no difference really.

Perhaps they're hoping the rumour of Kear will get people to buy them, then they can announce Sharp or Bastian on Sunday.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31592
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years72nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:42 am  
Good idea to extend but waverers will need actual concrete nailed on confirmation of a decent head coach in post rather than just paper talk - if they're to stump up the cash.

I'm ready and waiting.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1977
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 15 201013 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 13:1419th Oct 22 14:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:52 am  
HamsterChops wrote:
Whilst I don't disagree with most of your point, it all boils down to Chalmers doesn't it? If what you are saying is accurate and he's the subject of poor advice, it's still him who hired these people and continues to listen to them.

It feels no different to previous owners. A man at the top who constantly fails to deliver on promises (albeit a much quieter one), surrounded by the same people.

Yeah it does boil down to Chalmers you are bang on the money. He is the decision maker and is responsible for the people around him. It does feel like he is holding the fort for someone and biding his time as his lack of interest in changing things that people have moaned about is very apparent
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2039
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 19 200618 years260th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 12:1518th Mar 24 13:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Don't think i'm biased...
...i'm just very narrow minded!!!!!!!

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 am  
Molsk111 wrote:
At the end of the day it’s more broken promises, how the hell do they expect supporters to react, I honestly and truthfully wonder what is going off in there heads

Please come on and name these broken promises, as I can't remember many tbh.

When did AC say that the ticket postponement was due a hold up on the coach announcement?

Where did AC say there would be a coach announcement by a particular date?

I'm just interested as I see (again) lots of folk jumping up and down on the doom and gloom bandwagon and I really don't see any reason to panic. Does the club not have a squad (weak and young as it may be), have they not signed up new players, could they not survive even if we appointed someone like Leigh Beattie or John Bastian?

I'm really sorry to say this but the biggest weakness this club have got at the moment is our own supporters.

And before any of you start tapping away saying that you've invested ££££'s into the club over x number of years, don't bother... we all have done that and we've all suffered as the club have dropped through the leagues. BUT there is still a club to support.

I don't follow Bradford because of who the owner is, I follow Bradford because I am Bradford through and through. Boycotting the club will only kill it off as there is nobody left who would take it over.

You say you might go watch another club instead and want AC to go... who is going to take over the club? Really, who the hell is there???

Nobody is the answer so until a time where you win the lottery or someone who has lost their mind decides to invest (which is highly unlikely) I'll keep following the club, I'll turn up and do my little bit.

In the meantime, so long, farewell and good riddance.
Blotto 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3991
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 05 200519 years297th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 12:1117th Apr 24 00:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2.5 hrs North of Newcastle. 8 hrs South of Brisbane
Signature
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid!

If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/

Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get!

Thank god only when you find a religion that passes the truth test!

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:07 am  
thepimp007 wrote:
Yeah it does boil down to Chalmers you are bang on the money. He is the decision maker and is responsible for the people around him. It does feel like he is holding the fort for someone and biding his time as his lack of interest in changing things that people have moaned about is very apparent

In his recent blurb didn't he say we are Caretakers of this Club, in other words like most Caretakers just doing the necessary to keep things working! A bit different to being a Custodian or Curator methinks!
RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: What a sham : Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:21 am  
bullinenemyland wrote:
Please come on and name these broken promises, as I can't remember many tbh.

Short memory?

Promise to those fans off here that met him that the media numpty and his constant mistakes would be addressed. Clearly hasn't.

Club would appoint a new head coach no later than 10th December. According to all reports, they haven't. They have people they're talking to at an advanced stage maybe, but not appointed.

Shirt would be out (when was it again, beginning of December? I forget now). They're not.

Not a broken promise, but the clear and blatant lies about the away shirt being different to what was advertised. (No matter how you argue it, they either mis-sold pre-orders in the knowledge it was the wrong shirt, or someone lied afterwards when they said it was always supposed to be that one).

Constantly telling us the visa situation with Toovey would be sorted in the next week/month. Constantly missing that deadline. (Admittedly probably out of their control, but if that's the case, don't mention any idea of when).

You could now add "you must buy by this date for early bird price" as a lie too. Admittedly we all understand why they've done that and don't disagree with it, but it's still breaking a previously announced deadline

That's just off the top of my head, I know there are more. Whether people should be boycotting or not over these things is obviously open to argument. You have your opinion, others have theirs. But to suggest you can't remember any broken promises or lies, then you may want to see a doctor about your memory issues.
PreviousNext