JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 17:4519th Apr 24 19:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:44 am  
Is it worth us getting our heads together to decide on some questions? I'm more than happy to ask a few. Are others?

Here's some I've come up with:

Questions for Chalmers

• After the worst season in over 50 years and relegation to the bottom tier of the game is there any reason for optimism?
• What contribution – financial or otherwise - does Graham Lowe make towards the running of the club
• Do you take a salary from club income?
• Why did you come halfway around the world to run this club?
• Who at the club is responsible for marketing?
• If in 2018 the first team is to be a mix of full time and part timer players what’s the estimated percentage split you are planning for?
• Is the club prepared to spend the money required to attract the best part time talent?
• Can you guarantee the club will continue to run a tier one academy that includes U16s and U19s teams while you are in charge?
• With regard to Odsal are you aware of any plans for the redevelopment of the stadium?
• Is the club likely to move home during the next 3 years?
• Successive regimes have failed to make ends meet resulting in administration and liquidation. What makes you think you will do any better?
• Why are club press releases full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors?
• Do the club get income from food and drink sales in the ground? If so why are club bars allowed to run out of food and drink regularly?
• Why does the club not have an online shop?
• Why does the club not post its shop opening hours on its website?

Questions for Toovey if he’s there…

• Are you staying on as head coach in 2018?
• If some players are part time and others full time how will you ensure training is coordinated so that the team isn’t training with players missing?
• Will we using the dual registration system with a Super League club in 2018? If so who?
• How much will we be using the player loan system in 2018?
• In 2017 you didn’t know who was available one week to the next and performances suffered as a result. If we do use dual reg/loans how will you improve the integration of loan players and dual reg players into the squad to ensure the team plays with more harmony?
• This year the team has been bullied repeatedly on the field, particularly in the forwards. Can you confirm that you will be addressing this weakness in recruitment for 2018?
RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 19 16:3912th May 19 16:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:46 am  
What was all that bullsheet regarding the away shirt?

Either 1) It was always the intention for the shirt to be different to the one marketed, and you lied to us all while marketing the pre-sales, or 2) It turned up wrong and you lied to us all when you said it was always intended to be that one.

Which specific lie was it and how exactly do you expect intelligent fans to trust you when you are quite clearly feeding them these kind of lies?

(I don't expect this to be asked or answered, I'd just be quite interested to see them squirm over it)
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31580
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:04 am  
Suggest you rock up and ask that one yourself ;-)
RankPostsTeam
International Star7007No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201113 years152nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:4419th Apr 24 16:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 am  
Bullseye wrote:
Is it worth us getting our heads together to decide on some questions? I'm more than happy to ask a few. Are others?

Here's some I've come up with:

Questions for Chalmers

• After the worst season in over 50 years and relegation to the bottom tier of the game is there any reason for optimism?
• What contribution – financial or otherwise - does Graham Lowe make towards the running of the club
• Do you take a salary from club income?
• Why did you come halfway around the world to run this club?
• Who at the club is responsible for marketing?
• If in 2018 the first team is to be a mix of full time and part timer players what’s the estimated percentage split you are planning for?
• Is the club prepared to spend the money require to attract the best part time talent?
• Can you guarantee the club will continue to run a tier one academy that includes U16s and U19s teams while you are in charge?
• With regard to Odsal are you aware of any plans for the redevelopment of the stadium?
• Is the club likely to move home during the next 3 years?
• Successive regimes have failed to make ends meet resulting in administration and liquidation. What makes you think you will do any better?
• Why are club press releases full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors?
• Do the club get income from food and drink sales in the ground? If so why are club bars allowed to run out of food and drink regularly?
• Why does the club not have an online shop?
• Why does the club not post its shop opening hours on its website?

Questions for Toovey if he’s there…

• Are you staying on has head coach in 2018?
• If some players are part time and others full time how will you ensure training is coordinated so that the team isn’t training with players missing?
• Will we using the dual registration system with a Super League club in 2018? If so who?
• How much will we be using the player loan system in 2018?
• In 2017 you didn’t know who was available one week to the next and performances suffered as a result. If we do use dual reg/loans how will you improve the integration of loan players and dual reg players into the squad to ensure the team plays with more harmony?
• This year the team has been bullied repeatedly on the field, particularly in the forwards. Can you confirm that you will be addressing this weakness in recruitment for 2018?

Good questions Bullseye. I know some people are racked off and i don't blame them. But now is the time to put your frustrations to the club. This will be the end of the Bulls, or the beginning of the rebuild. If we keep the hardcore fans on board and start winning a few games and maybe earn promotion, for the first time in about 10 years we will start moving forward as a club rather than rock bottom, to even more rock bottom. If we let them know our feelings then they have to act. If not it's the end of the club.

Mine are more requests than Questions. I can't make it but if someone fancies asking them :D

Can they be some sort of fan representation on the board. Not the administrator from Bulls SG Facebook page. But maybe someone from Bullbuilder? I know they haven't been keen to to get involved in the past. But a member of them would be someone i would trust. They can put ideas forward for basic suggestions, like spelling media releases correctly, how to interact with the fans more. Put fans frustrations to the club. Check the accounts :wink:

The media guy I would suggest he will be at the forum yesterday and i would imagine he will be quite young, maybe i'm too soft but i wouldn't want to cause him huge embarrassment in front of hundreds of people. But yesterday on twitter was a farce with the referee almost been abused by the official twitter account. Bradford don't earn a penalty every set and the opposition aren't gifted a penalty every set. It needs changing. Seriously give to to a fan and they would happily do it for free i'm sure.

Fan interaction Doesn't have to be forums every month. But maybe at the beginning of the season, mid-way and at the end would do. I know others weren't a fan, but the fans focus group i personally thought was a great idea. It's a better way to get fans thoughts and frustrations across to the board.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31580
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 am  
Anyone else going off here apart from me, Ricky and Frank?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4328
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 13 200915 years199th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:4419th Apr 24 11:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
BullBuidler - Bradford Bulls Supporters Trust
www.bullbuilder.co.uk

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:34 am  
Bullseye wrote:
Anyone else going off here apart from me, Ricky and Frank?

I'll be there with my dad I think.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8994No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 03 200519 years184th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 11:2715th Apr 24 17:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:49 am  
I've ordered tickets so planning to go barring any last minute work commitments. It's make or break for me. If I leave Odsal on Wed feeling like I've wasted my evening listening to a load of spin it will more than likely be my last visit to Odsal for the foreseeable future.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator31580
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:50 am  
Will keep a look out for you both.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 19 16:3912th May 19 16:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:54 am  
Will be interested if anyone asks since the club will be playing in a lower division against even lesser teams than this year, can we expect the gate prices to drop to reflect that? And season ticket prices too?

I fully expect an avoidance answer of not knowing the structure and how many home games there are yet because of the potential for teams dropping out, so I could understand not knowing season ticket prices, but the gate price I would be amazed if it hasn't been discussed. Actually, I take that back, I wouldn't be amazed. As that would suggest some kind of forward planning.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach474
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 09 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Mar 20 12:482nd Mar 20 12:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 16th August : Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:22 pm  
All great Q's Bullseye, some to add, I don't mind who asks them...

For Chalmers;

You provided a business plan and financial guarantees to the RFL to acquire the club, whilst it may well have evolved in the past few months are you prepared to share the broad details of the plan (including assumptions regarding on-field success) and the levels of funding guarantees provided?

There are rumours of third party funding assistance from Salford's owner - if true, was the assistance a short term bridging facility or is it a longer term arrangement, and how worried should we be about its continuation or otherwise in terms of the clubs ongoing liquidity?

Which individuals actually own the Bradford Bulls, noting that Lowe only became a Director of Orcas Rugby League on 24/12/2016 was that for the sole purpose of acquiring the Bulls?

What is your continuing role and responsibility in the other 14 companies that register you as a Director; Chalmers Tennessee Trustee Limited | Cyanz Technologies Limited | Forestry Management & Assets Limited | Fourfourone Properties Limited | Fourfourone Trustees Limited | Harvest Planning Properties Limited | Harvestpro Limited | Lowie Institute Limited | The Orcas Rugby League Limited | Pounamu Forestry Asset Management Limited | Pounamu Property Investments Limited | Pounamu International Limited | Pounamu NZ Limited | Pounamu Forestry International Limited | Pounamu Forestry Asset Leasing Limited

Who owns the SouthBank facility?

Regardless of full time, part time or a hybrid, are you prepared to publish a list of retained and signed players for next year - immediately after the last game of the season?

In addition to a Tier 1 academy, there has been mention of a reserve team next year - is this still a serious commitment?

What can fans do to help, other than keep throwing money at the club, as that isn't sustainable?

For Toovey;

Will you be here in 2018, if so why?

Often this year, part-time teams have looked fitter and stronger than our full-time players, discounting the academy youngsters still developing - how do you account for this?

How will you overcome your relative lack of experience in British Rugby League and in particular the lower leagues?

You are quoted as suggesting that we should treat next year as a 1 year diversion on the route back to success - what do you see as the most critical requirements in terms of playing and backroom staff for next years promotion challenge?
PreviousNext