25th Jan 17 20:1525th Jan 17 18:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Done. 25/01/17.

Re: BCB Radio : Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:04 am  
MicktheGled wrote:
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the listening figures in the Championship Shield.

This season we've been averaging around 7,300 listeners per game with three five figure listenerships of over 10,000 for the games vs London (A), Leigh (A) and Featherstone (A) which is overwhelming and shows just how massive our lapsed support base is in terms of people who will listen either online around the world or on our FM frequency a little closer to home.

If we can keep that average above 7,000 then that would be job well done. Now obviously I want as many lapsed supporters to leave the radio and head to the grounds but a lot don't live within commuting distance to Odsal, so they only have BCB and Bulls TV to listen and watch the games.

What I'm looking at doing is covering the U19s if the figures justify it.

The advertising revenue for the gameday shows is paid for at the start of the year regardless of what division or Super Eights competition the Bradford Bulls find themselves in.

Can I just say a big thank you to Provident for sponsoring and supporting the show this year, they really are one of the most proactive sponsors I've ever come across and what they've done this season for the Bradford Bulls supporters I'd nothing short of phenomenal.

And finally, thank you to anyone who has listened this year, and please don't divert your ears away just because of the Championship Shield.

Impressive numbers Mick. Just out of interest is that just the online listeners? How do you count those who listen on FM?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8023No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200816 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 24 11:3713th Mar 24 10:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BCB Radio : Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:10 am  
bullsonfire wrote:
Impressive numbers Mick. Just out of interest is that just the online listeners? How do you count those who listen on FM?

You get two sets of listening figures - one for online and one for FM listeners.

The FM figures are always higher as more people have access but when the online listeners are tipping above the 4,000 mark, you know you're going to hit the 10,000 barrier.

On the print side of the coin the T&A sells around 26,000 copies a day, so the club is getting a lot of exposure from both BCB and T&A.

There's a Bradford Bulls related show on BCB today at half past one, if anyone is needing a Rugby League fix before the start of Warrington v Wakefield.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator10969
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 01 200222 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jan 23 15:1321st Jun 22 13:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls

Re: BCB Radio : Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:00 am  
Thanks for all that Mick, it's interesting to hear about the facilities at some grounds.

I rarely listen to be fair - though only because it's pretty rare for me to miss a game. I did listen, on line, to the Whitehaven coverage whilst on holiday in Scotland and and put the breaks in commentary down to the patchy wifi on the site but now realise the real reason.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3546
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 10 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 19 16:3912th May 19 16:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BCB Radio : Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:34 am  
MicktheGled wrote:
It wasn't so much the lack of technology that was the problem.

It was the medieval facilities at Whitehaven that bamboozled us - no power sockets in the press box, no working ISDN line, no WiFi, no press seats so sat amongst the supporters and with that no press bench for all the equipment and notes I carry.

It was difficult to say the least and trust me when I say that I did everything in my power to avoid using the mobile phone.

In the end that's what we had to use, which is far from ideal, but after driving all the way up to the Recreation Ground I had to deliver something.

I've recently invested a significant amount of money in a new piece of kit that doesn't keep me tied to battling with the BBC for the sole ISDN line at some of the grounds.

I've used it for the games at Leigh and Featherstone and so far so good, the feedback on the broadcast quality has been excellent.

Trust me when I say this - it's not just the case of me and Hobbo turning up ten minutes before kick off and turning everything on.

Sometimes the conditions and facilities I have to work in turn me grey, but where there's a will there's way and God loves a tryer.

We're on at 2pm next Sunday with all the pre-match build up.

Thanks for listening.

My comment about lack of technology was a just a joke at how backwards it is up in Cumbria. I remember the explanation at the time about lack of Wifi or ISDN but didn't realise it was quite as bad as the power and sitting in with the fans too. As hard as it was to listen at the time, I don't think anyone believed it was your fault and it was clear you were doing your best to try and get as much through as possible. Glad to hear that may not be the case next week though as I'll definitely be listening in.

And I also know that it's quite a bit of prep. I went into the stand for one of the games at Odsal this season and was there quite early, and could see yourself setting up even at that time, well before you were due on air.

Keep up the good work. And the same to Hobbo. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I personally find myself quite enjoying the contrast now. It reminds me of the old WWF Commentary team of Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan :P
RankPostsTeam
International Star112
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 22 201212 years309th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Oct 23 15:2515th Oct 23 15:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BCB Radio : Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:18 pm  
MicktheGled wrote:
You get two sets of listening figures - one for online and one for FM listeners.

The FM figures are always higher as more people have access but when the online listeners are tipping above the 4,000 mark, you know you're going to hit the 10,000 barrier.

On the print side of the coin the T&A sells around 26,000 copies a day, so the club is getting a lot of exposure from both BCB and T&A.

There's a Bradford Bulls related show on BCB today at half past one, if anyone is needing a Rugby League fix before the start of Warrington v Wakefield.

Just listened to the 1:30pm show, thank you for letting us know. Admittedly I do not currently don't use Social Media however I now know of another mechanism to contribute towards the club. I could not agree more with the group having the ladies or U19's fixtures before the main game would encourage myself and probably more to attend.

IMO you are doing a great job of promoting the club (arguably better than the club itself), ignore the keyboard warrior haters keep going.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 17 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Nov 16 16:5031st Jul 16 20:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BCB Radio : Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:27 pm  
[code][/code]
TheBeast wrote:
Just listened to the 1:30pm show, thank you for letting us know. Admittedly I do not currently don't use Social Media however I now know of another mechanism to contribute towards the club. I could not agree more with the group having the ladies or U19's fixtures before the main game would encourage myself and probably more to attend.

IMO you are doing a great job of promoting the club (arguably better than the club itself), ignore the keyboard warrior haters keep going.

I listened to the interview also Beast and think their ideas is great in terms of win win for the club. hopefully someone from the club who isn't on holiday has listened to theshow today and takes what was some very worthwhile contributions on board in terms of trying to get people in the ground as green wants them to spend money before kick off on beer and food around the ground.
[code][/code]
TheBeast wrote:

I listened to the interview also Beast and think their ideas is great in terms of win win for the club. hopefully someone from the club who isn't on holiday has listened to theshow today and takes what was some very worthwhile contributions on board in terms of trying to get people in the ground as green wants them to spend money before kick off on beer and food around the ground.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8023No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200816 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BCB Radio : Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:43 pm  
TheBeast wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the show mate and hopefully the academy curtain raiser idea is implemented.

That's the long-term plan; get the supporters group to work with the club and pool resources.
Blotto 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3991
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 05 200519 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 07:2117th Apr 24 00:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2.5 hrs North of Newcastle. 8 hrs South of Brisbane
Signature
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid!

If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/

Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get!

Thank god only when you find a religion that passes the truth test!

Re: BCB Radio : Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:14 am  
Probably not, they used to do it but found that heavy wet weather, meant they wouldn't play because the ground would cut up also in those halcyon SL days, Sky would change days and times, problems with traffic for those Clubs coming from a distance and it didn't attract that much of a crowd in early most times!
The Thursday nights were probably the best that I remember for the Academy games but the Club for some strange reason rarely advertised them, and there were some good games and young upcoming talent on show as well as Seniors coming from injury!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8023No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200816 years296th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: BCB Radio : Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:50 pm  
Just a reminder that on Wednesday evening it's the Bradford Bulls Forum at half past seven on BCB.

Myself, Hobbo and Ross will leave no stone unturned.
vbfg 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7594
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 09 200122 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th May 21 08:5914th May 21 08:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
When my club didn't exist it was still bigger than yours

Re: BCB Radio : Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:19 pm  
HamsterChops wrote:
It reminds me of the old WWF Commentary team of Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97E5raJpnG4
HamsterChops wrote:
It reminds me of the old WWF Commentary team of Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97E5raJpnG4
PreviousNext