WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - BIG Nigel Wood...talks Odsal/Bradford Bulls

Board index Championship 1 Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net BIG Nigel Wood...talks Odsal/Bradford Bulls

Posted by Bullseye on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:03 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 392

But remember Hood assured us on many occasions that we were spending to the cap limit. So we just replaced high performing big earners with low performing ones.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Posted by Bulls Boy 2011 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 pm
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 18
Rep Position: 17th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 48

Bulliac wrote:
Macca's worst bit of luck was Matt Orford. If he hadn't got injured and gone back to Aus.....well, who knows, but we were in the he top four or five when he left. then it fell to pieces altogether.

Totally agree with this. Said it at the time and I stick by it today. When we had him in the side and was ticking along in 4th come playoff time we would have been a difficult team to beat.
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Posted by thepimp007 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 am
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 432

Bulls Boy 2011 wrote:
Totally agree with this. Said it at the time and I stick by it today. When we had him in the side and was ticking along in 4th come playoff time we would have been a difficult team to beat.

Totally agree mate. As much as what went on was disgraceful Orford dragged performances out of that that team. I think Steve Mc deserves credit for getting the Manly contingent and Kearney in
Posted by Bulliac on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:57 am
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

Bullseye wrote:
But remember Hood assured us on many occasions that we were spending to the cap limit. So we just replaced high performing big earners with low performing ones.

Well, aye. Mr. Hood "assured" us of lots of things, though, whilst having some sympathy with his predicament (as written many times before) I confess to beleving my eyes, rather than some of the statements back then. If, for instance, replacing Big Les with Riki Sherrife was a 'like for like', replacement or that they were somehow on the same money, then that would have been mind blowing.

In fact, the statements themselves were just silly as we already knew why the big earners had left. In fact hadn't we been told the year before, by the previous chairman, Mr. Caisley, that the lack of money was, "all the fans' fault", for not turning up in bigger numbers? Whoever was to blame, and imo, the buck stops in the boardroom, the money was well gone by the time the Fieldens, Vainikolos, Hapes and Pryces and of course the Nobbys had gone.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Posted by Bulls Boy 2011 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 pm
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 18
Rep Position: 17th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 48

thepimp007 wrote:
Totally agree mate. As much as what went on was disgraceful Orford dragged performances out of that that team. I think Steve Mc deserves credit for getting the Manly contingent and Kearney in

Yes he did pal. I mean the Wigan game stands out as his biggest performance but he also orchestrated the draw at Leeds and went ballistic on the last play of the game begging to be passed to for the one point and some numpty never gave it to him. The demolition of Castleford at home too where Richard Owen unfortunately broke his leg. And if I'm not mistaken he also dragged a performance out of the team and beat Catalan away and murdered Hull KR at home.

And yes McNamara does deserve credit for bringing over the legend Steve Menzies and the likes of L'Estrange and Kearney! Unbelievable players!
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Previous