WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - A year ago today...
A year ago today...
Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 pm
Posted by Bull Mania on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 pm
Bull Mania User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Administration 3 happened.

I remember it well as i was on the first day of my holiday. When we checked into the hotel, while the missus was getting ready i thought i'd check the internet to see if we'd made anymore promising signings... Totally ruined my holiday as i was both worrying all the time for the future of my club and anger that this had happened again. I couldn't switch off.

Those 8 weeks were hell. They lasted longer than the entire 2017 season (which flew by IMO) it ruined christmas too as i know i did for a lot of people.

Looking back at it all and what we went through what are peoples thoughts on where we are now.

Mine are anger that we had a wasted season in the championship. Happy at what we've got to support now (a team including Chisholm, Ryan, Oakes. An academy.) and VERY CAUTIOUS optimisim. Particularly looking back what we had a year a go. I'd take being annoyed at the media guys inability to spell, over 8 weeks of worrying if we have a club.
Re: A year ago today...
Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:03 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

It was an absolutely awful period. I remember going on my jollies a few weeks later and it ruining that too.

We've fallen about as far as it's possible to fall. Maybe now we can start to rise again?
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:13 pm
Posted by Bulliac on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:13 pm
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Oh yes, I'd just been into the office to pay for the sponsorship about three days previously so I ended up paying twice - that'll teach me a lesson! Still, I'm comforted by the knowledge that lightning never strikes twice, except, of course, when it does.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 pm
Posted by MicktheGled on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 pm
MicktheGled User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Bullseye wrote:
It was an absolutely awful period. I remember going on my jollies a few weeks later and it ruining that too.

We've fallen about as far as it's possible to fall. Maybe now we can start to rise again?

My £148 phone bill.

The only way is up now mate.
Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 pm
Posted by Bulliac on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 pm
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

MicktheGled wrote:
My £148 phone bill.

The only way is up now mate.

If there is one thing that the events of 12 months ago shows it is that "up" is definitely not the only way we can go....
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:28 pm
Posted by Bully_Boxer on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:28 pm
Bully_Boxer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The day that began an increasingly depressing period for all involved with the club. I know I’ve lost a lot of love for the sport since then. I thought it might return once the dust settled a little but now I’m not so sure.

I don’t see much of a future for the sport whilst people like Rimmer and Wood are in the top seats.

Strange to think you can go from living and breathing the sport to just taking little more than a passing interest.
Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 pm
Posted by Downbutnotout on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:51 pm
Downbutnotout Stevo's Armpit

Strange to think you can go from living and breathing the sport to just taking little more than a passing interest.
But that's what having a really professional organisation running the sport does to you.
Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm
Posted by rugbyreddog on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm
rugbyreddog User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Bully_Boxer wrote:
The day that began an increasingly depressing period for all involved with the club. I know I’ve lost a lot of love for the sport since then. I thought it might return once the dust settled a little but now I’m not so sure.

I don’t see much of a future for the sport whilst people like Rimmer and Wood are in the top seats.

The problem is that when you do go from that (as I also did) you start to wonder about all the time and money you have wasted in the past trailing around the country following them.
Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:05 am
Posted by Scarey71 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:05 am
Scarey71 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Agreed, this is the first year for a looong time that I still haven't renewed my ST a month before general sale. And with the news about the coach I am asking whether I 'love' the sport and team enough to over come my revulsion and actually bother next year. It's a close one I can tell you.
Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:10 am
Posted by Bullseye on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:10 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Scarey71 wrote:
Agreed, this is the first year for a looong time that I still haven't renewed my ST a month before general sale. And with the news about the coach I am asking whether I 'love' the sport and team enough to over come my revulsion and actually bother next year. It's a close one I can tell you.

Pay on the gate. It's what I'll probably end up doing.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.