WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bulls Fans Forum - 12/10/17
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 pm
Posted by Fr13daY on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 pm
Fr13daY User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 pm
Posts: 474
Location: A floating palace of ignorance

From the T&A article (http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportbulls/15593763.rfl_chief_ralph_rimmer_confirms_bradford_bulls_relegation_to_league_one/

All the things you’ve seen can be multiplied by ten, in terms of the obstacles he’s managed to traverse. Andrew has shown his commitment and weathered a storm which I don’t think he was bargaining for


Makes you wonder how many of those obstacles were directly attributable to the laughable way the RFL dealt with the situation? Most of them from where I'm standing. And the others could have been alleviated by quicker and more decisive RFL action. At least RR is happy with the way AC has dealt with them.

"Good dog Bobo! Now we have wasted a year and exploited your already long suffering fans, here's a pat on the back."
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:10 pm
Posted by Bully_Boxer on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:10 pm
Bully_Boxer User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,387

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:19 pm
Posts: 8153
Location: Odsal Stadium
Well I think it was fairly obvious early doors that we remained in the Championship to benefit others. Complete stitch up and it has left a very sour taste in my mouth. Pretty much every Bulls supporter wanted a fresh start in the 3rd tier rather than this absolute car crash of a season that I suspect has done massive damage to what was left of our fan base.

I've not made many games this year and I haven't missed it all that much if I'm honest. Been wondering whether I should just remove myself from forums such as these and save myself getting wound up by it all.
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 pm
Posted by Bull Mania on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:21 pm
Bull Mania User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 11th / 76,387

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 am
Posts: 4917
I didn't go but from reading tweets and posts from people there. My thoughts:

I'm under the impression Ralph Rimmer has been extremely naive and hasn't expected a backlash from the fans. He's interpreted the anger as blaming the RFL for everything which shows his lack of understanding. We're angry as we dont feel the RFL have handled the various admins/liquidation well and could have been avoided.

Certain people seem to have seen/heard too much of Mick Gledhill recently and have been causing mischief on social media by taking certain segments they've seen on the twitter feed and whipping everyone up into a frenzy. Marwan Koukash saying bulls fans blaming RFL for liquidation (literally every single reply proved him wrong) a few others picking on the quote "We BELIEVE a form of licensing could return" and twitters gone into meltdown with various chairman been asked to explain. I also believe a form of licensing will be in place, not like in 08, but a hybrid of promotion/relegation + licensing. Doesn't mean the RFL have told me. Think fans have misinterpreted.

Anyway i think the chances of odsal or a new stadium across the road are starting to gain momentum. I know we've been here before but i feel a real urgency from Chalmers to get something sorted. There is an opportunity there as well. I won't believe it until I'm sat in it, but i think there is a real drive to sort something.
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:27 pm
Posted by HamsterChops on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:27 pm
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:32 pm
Posts: 2977
Location: No longer Bradford
Bull Mania wrote:
Certain people seem to have seen/heard too much of Mick Gledhill recently and have been causing mischief on social media by taking certain segments they've seen on the twitter feed and whipping everyone up into a frenzy. Marwan Koukash saying bulls fans blaming RFL for liquidation (literally every single reply proved him wrong) a few others picking on the quote "We BELIEVE a form of licensing could return" and twitters gone into meltdown with various chairman been asked to explain. I also believe a form of licensing will be in place, not like in 08, but a hybrid of promotion/relegation + licensing. Doesn't mean the RFL have told me. Think fans have misinterpreted.



Whilst you are absolutely correct that fans have misinterpreted a lot of things (and that causes a lot of the arguments on social media), I don't think that's the case with Gledhill. He seems to take a look at things, form his own opinion on what might be happening by putting 2 and 2 together to make bloody 200, then comment on it like he's been told something and that he's "in the know". Unfortunately there are a lot of very naive people that see him refer to himself as a "broadcast journalist", see the fact he used to commentate for BCB and now does the other audio feed, and see him up at Odsal every now and again through the week so think he does have a line into the internal goings-on of the club. So they believe what he's saying. Other journalists like Ross Heppenstall & Aaron Bower who have more than just a passing interest in Bradford Bulls are more reserved and will only mention things if there's some degree of evidence. So people think that's the same with Gledhill. Unfortunately it's not, and that means he gets fans hopes up about something that hasn't come to pass, and IMO owes those fans who have hung off his every word an apology.
Re: Bulls Fans Forum - 12/10/17
Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:19 pm
Posted by daveyz999 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:19 pm
daveyz999 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 1722
HamsterChops wrote:
In my opinion, certain people in privileged positions owe an apology to a lot of fans for getting their hopes up by constantly banging on about the Bulls staying in the Championship when it doesn't look like it was ever on. Even if was a possibility, the way certain people have gone on about it, they should apologise to all those fans they gave hope to who will now be feeling disappointed. That doesn't include me, I never expected anything else, but an apology should be forthcoming on all the platforms they've used to peddle this bull for months.


You will never get an apology as the individual in question will swerve around every accusation made (our very own RR).

Been going on for years now. Anything news that comes from that poster should be treated as his/her own opinion, not fact!
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 pm
Posted by Smack him Jimmy on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:58 pm
Smack him Jimmy User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:34 pm
Posts: 653
Location: Depends whose asking
Bully_Boxer wrote:
Well I think it was fairly obvious early doors that we remained in the Championship to benefit others. Complete stitch up and it has left a very sour taste in my mouth. Pretty much every Bulls supporter wanted a fresh start in the 3rd tier rather than this absolute car crash of a season that I suspect has done massive damage to what was left of our fan base.

I've not made many games this year and I haven't missed it all that much if I'm honest. Been wondering whether I should just remove myself from forums such as these and save myself getting wound up by it all.


My thoughts too
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 pm
Posted by Blotto on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:04 pm
Blotto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 12th / 76,387

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:16 pm
Posts: 3776
Location: 2.5 hrs North of Newcastle. 8 hrs South of Brisbane
HamsterChops wrote:
Whilst you are absolutely correct that fans have misinterpreted a lot of things (and that causes a lot of the arguments on social media), I don't think that's the case with Gledhill. He seems to take a look at things, form his own opinion on what might be happening by putting 2 and 2 together to make bloody 200, then comment on it like he's been told something and that he's "in the know". Unfortunately there are a lot of very naive people that see him refer to himself as a "broadcast journalist", see the fact he used to commentate for BCB and now does the other audio feed, and see him up at Odsal every now and again through the week so think he does have a line into the internal goings-on of the club. So they believe what he's saying. Other journalists like Ross Heppenstall & Aaron Bower who have more than just a passing interest in Bradford Bulls are more reserved and will only mention things if there's some degree of evidence. So people think that's the same with Gledhill. Unfortunately it's not, and that means he gets fans hopes up about something that hasn't come to pass, and IMO owes those fans who have hung off his every word an apology.


You're being unfair on Mick, he is part of a double act with Duffy and one similar to him being Orville to Duffy's Keith Harris. :wink:
The phrase politically correct is in itself politcally incorrect so should be rephrased politically stupid!

If you like old type radio comedy/ dramas etc listen to //pumpkinfm.com/


Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting dead the older you get!
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 am
Posted by Duckman on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 am
Duckman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 3954
Location: Waiting for an announcement...
Duckman wrote:
Rimmer surely can't be there to announce a league restructure.

My guess is he'll say its as you were for this season regarding the 2018 league structure - with us firmly in League 1, apart from maybe 1 or 2 of the smaller league 1 clubs merging/disappearing.

Other than that he'll be there just to reassure us ahead the 2019 restructure and to answer questions about the last off season debacle. (Which he wont actually answer properly.)


Sounds like I was about right, if I underestimated he's naivety about our collective take on the situation and our memory of events being better than his. Glad the people there took him to task.

One positive from last night. We are in league 1, so everyone spouting insider knowledge about us not being relegated can keep quiet and take off the tin foil hats, or stop making mischief. Now we can just focus on getting a squad together to get out of league 1 at the first attempt. Also positive that it will be a straightforward home and away fixture list with maybe 15 home games and no stupid summer bash!
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 am
Posted by le penguin on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 am
le penguin User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 13th / 76,387

Quiz Score: 32

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 195
Location: the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere
Blotto wrote:
You're being unfair on Mick, he is part of a double act with Duffy and one similar to him being Orville to Duffy's Keith Harris. :wink:


Image
Re: Rimmer At The Fans Forum
Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am
Posted by Bull Mania on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:30 am
Bull Mania User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 11th / 76,387

Quiz Score: 48

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 am
Posts: 4917
For anyone who went, did Ralph Rimmer actually say the below regarding licnesing or is it just more lies...

"
Ralph said it would be based on four key areas: crowds, development of players, generated income and attraction to the broadcaster."
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bulliac, Duckman, FevGrinder, Fr13daY, Mobull, RickyF1, roger daly, rugbyreddog, thepimp007 and 149 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Bradford Bulls - RedAmberandBlack.net





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,669,5211,49476,3874,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 18th Feb 15:00
 CH ONE
YORK
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 4th Mar 15:00
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON SKOLARS
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
 CH ONE
KEIGHLEY
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 25th Mar 15:00
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
v
HUNSLET HAWKS
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
v
OLDHAM
Sun 8th Apr 15:00
 CH ONE
WORKINGTON TOWN
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 15th Apr 15:00
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
v
COVENTRY BEARS
Sun 29th Apr 15:00
 CH ONE
DONCASTER
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 6th May 15:00
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
v
SOUTH WALES
Fri 18th May 19:45
 CH ONE
NEWCASTLE
v
BRADFORD BULLS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM