WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fans Forum 16th August
Fans Forum 16th August
Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:04 pm
Bull Mania User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

BRADFORD BULLS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB ARE HOSTING AN OPEN FANS FORUM AT THE SOUTHBANK STAND ON WEDNESDAY 16TH OF AUGUST.
The forum will be held in the main event room of the Southbank stand, doors open at 6.30pm and expected to finish at 8.00pm.

Andrew Chalmers will address the loyal Bradford fans, then the floor will be opened up to questions.

The event will provide fans with an opportunity to discuss numerous matters relating to the club on and off the field.

Places are limited, we operate on a first come first serve basis.
Re: Fans Forum 16th August
Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:45 pm
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Bull Mania wrote:
BRADFORD BULLS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB ARE HOSTING AN OPEN FANS FORUM AT THE SOUTHBANK STAND ON WEDNESDAY 16TH OF AUGUST.
The forum will be held in the main event room of the Southbank stand, doors open at 6.30pm and expected to finish at 8.00pm.

Andrew Chalmers will address the loyal Bradford fans, then the floor will be opened up to questions.

The event will provide fans with an opportunity to discuss numerous matters relating to the club on and off the field.

Places are limited, we operate on a first come first serve basis.

Got to admit when I saw his response to Fr13ay in email, I actually thought that was the first time he had said we are looking to do a forum this month as opposed to just saying we will at somepoint. Glad they followed through
Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:47 pm
RickyF1 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I have booked my place
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:25 am
Smack him Jimmy User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I am soooo tempted to go; but I dont need a used car at the moment.

I genuinely hope I am wrong; I really want someone to give us some honest answers on the Bulls future whatever that may be.

But the pessimist in me (comes from being a life long Bradford fan) thinks this will just be yet another rallying call to get more fans to go to the remaining home games because AC needs more money to come in before the next Administration.

I fully expect several of the following quotes;
- there is a lot happening,
- this is an important transition period,
- an academy team is a priority,
- we need to show our support,
- we cant let the lads down,
- RL needs a strong Bradford club,
- blah, blah, bah

Seriously I hope I'm wrong; and I genuinely hope that those that do go to the forum get some straight answers (without the sales pitch) and can come away feeling reassured.

But until I actually see things happening - AC can talk as much as he wants -we all paid for a used car from Mr Green and it was never delivered - I'm not falling for that one again.

(If I do decide to turn up - it will be incognito)
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:39 am
Bulliac User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I this for real? They usually send an email or at least put it on Facebook. They never learn about communication do they?
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain

Build Bridges NOT Walls
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 am
Bull Mania User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

It is on facebook, twitter and the club website. Not sure they could have made it anymore clearly advertised.

If they had have just emailed season ticket holders, they'd have been accused of valuing them more than people who pay on the gate.
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:00 am
Bull Mania User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Smack him Jimmy wrote:
I am soooo tempted to go; but I dont need a used car at the moment.

I genuinely hope I am wrong; I really want someone to give us some honest answers on the Bulls future whatever that may be.

But the pessimist in me (comes from being a life long Bradford fan) thinks this will just be yet another rallying call to get more fans to go to the remaining home games because AC needs more money to come in before the next Administration.

I fully expect several of the following quotes;
- there is a lot happening,
- this is an important transition period,
- an academy team is a priority,
- we need to show our support,
- we cant let the lads down,
- RL needs a strong Bradford club,
- blah, blah, bah

Seriously I hope I'm wrong; and I genuinely hope that those that do go to the forum get some straight answers (without the sales pitch) and can come away feeling reassured.

But until I actually see things happening - AC can talk as much as he wants -we all paid for a used car from Mr Green and it was never delivered - I'm not falling for that one again.

(If I do decide to turn up - it will be incognito)

Indeed. Catch22 im afraid. Everyone wants more communication, but Green was brilliant at communicating amd looked how that turned out. I never went to the Green forums, but they sounded fantastic and basically everything as a fan we wanted to hear, was said. So we could come away having heard everything we want to, but then don't believe a word he says because we've been burned so many times. We need answers on the squad (e.g. despite being in L1, will Hallas, Tonga, Gibson still be with us) are we FT, PT, or both.

One thing from the press release was that they will be questions from the fans, so we can put AC on the spot again. Did Green forums offer questions or was it just him spouting lies to us?

One thing i don't think will ever happen is us going into admin with AC (famous last words) The RFLs heads are on the line and hopefully they will ne monitoring us like a hawk this time. But we may not have much ambition or funds to move forward :(
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:16 am
bobsmyuncle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

If Toovey's outragous blurb in today's T&A is a precurser to the content to be expected from the meeting then it will be another load of naive Bulls-hit.
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 pm
Frank Whitcombe User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

If people are fearful of another sales job, why not attend and call it out? I'm going and I've got some very awkward questions
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:27 am
RickyF1 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Is it an hour and half long? I can see everyone been there a bit longer!!!
Next