WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SORE LOSERS!
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:35 pm
Twentyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 899
Location: St.Helens
the flying biscuit wrote:
our honours list is still quite impressive I'm guessing our overall trophy count is less than Wigans leeds and Saints and then better than the rest.


In terms of championships, Halifax, Oldham, Hull, Hull KR, Salford, Swinton, Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Wigan and St.Helens have all won more.

Yourselves and Widnes are both on 3 each. You have won 1 more challenge cup than Widnes although they have a World club challenge win to their name...mind you, you did win the 1955-56 Independent Television Floodlit Trophy and nobody can take that away from you.
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:45 pm
The Reaper User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm
Posts: 135
Location: The swamps of Warrington
Gazwire wrote:
It might be 2008.... wrong date, was it the last time saints were at wembley.
Saints fans, a question? You have 2 choices:

Option 1:
Watch a dull as dishwater side making no finals, with a statue outside representing the static qualities
of a certain clubs ethos.
Option 2:
Side in the CC final, ll shield and GF final playing proper entertaining rl.

I'm not going to mention the playing rota of both clubs:

Option 1: watching paint dry

Option 2: not watching paint dry.

I know saints are the biggest club v us at the mo, but you're the gift that keeps giving. For years you've laughed at us but now the shoe is on the other foot.
Face it, at this point in time your side and set up is inferior. I would expect a club of your standing to reverse this, but it ain't happening at the moment. That's what I love about the Wire v Saints rivalry- You used to take the p big time, but it's not so funny now that you're crap.


You have been playing entertaining rugby lately?? Must have missed that. Even we made more line breaks than you last week and scored the only expansive try of the game and we are, as you say, dull as dishwater.

Mind you, last night WAS truly entertaining :lol: there's always next year
The only reason they look up to you is because they chose to kneel.
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:45 pm
the flying biscuit User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:37 pm
Posts: 5434
Location: Not saving souls, or breaking promises
Twentyman wrote:
In terms of championships, Halifax, Oldham, Hull, Hull KR, Salford, Swinton, Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Wigan and St.Helens have all won more.

Yourselves and Widnes are both on 3 each. You have won 1 more challenge cup than Widnes although they have a World club challenge win to their name...mind you, you did win the 1955-56 Independent Television Floodlit Trophy and nobody can take that away from you.



wow you managed to read the bit where I said our overall trophy count is better than most bar wigan leeds and saints and decided just to count championships..

awesome :BOW:

and Widnes have a won a world club challenge you say, you'd think they would mention that to us every once in a while.....still its not like they had to wait 103 years to win a league title...!!! that would be just embarrassing surely...
Image
2009..........2010...........2011............2012..........2016..........2017
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:08 pm
Twentyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 899
Location: St.Helens
the flying biscuit wrote:
wow you managed to read the bit where I said our overall trophy count is better than most bar wigan leeds and saints and decided just to count championships..

awesome :BOW:

and Widnes have a won a world club challenge you say, you'd think they would mention that to us every once in a while.....still its not like they had to wait 103 years to win a league title...!!! that would be just embarrassing surely...


Championships are what matter more than anything. Winning the challenge cup is just brilliant, but it doesn't make you the best team in the land. Winning the world club challenge is pretty special too. Obviously you've never seen your team involved in the main one, but that feeling as a fan is incredible when your team win it. Ask your Widnes friends about it.
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:31 pm
LFC Saint Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 805
Jesus christ these warrington fans are taking a good hiding on here. Keep it going.
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:35 am
Walter Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:47 pm
Posts: 42
Judder Man wrote:
Have you got any particular year in mind for when it matters.


I commented earlier in this thread that it was bizarre now it's surreal . I can just about understand wires gloating and glossing over the inconsistencies in last week's match. After all they won and made the GF.

Now they have lost, and to be totally honest only looked like managing tries through barge overs or on the back of penalties, and they are still here.

On the basis of their last two "big" games they are at the stage were their attack really does make Saints look like the entertainers in comparison.

I suspect the wire board must be a grim place at the moment if you want to take refuge here - tried the Wigan board yet?
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:35 pm
Twentyman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 899
Location: St.Helens
Just to add, our greatest rivals won on Saturday, yet not one as come on here gloating and rubbing our noses in it. Credit to them.
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:40 pm
LFC Saint Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 805
Gazwire wrote:
Now and again you hear fans from Leeds Utd, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest insisting they're still big clubs, but only in their minds. You can harp Saints fans as much as you like about your history, and the same as Widnes, but like it or not,over the past 6/7 years, the stats will point to us being the bigger club.
The perception of the size of a club changes over time eg 1954 when we had the 104000 attendance, I'd say we were the bigger club. From the start of the SL era up until 2006 you were undoubtedly the bigger club. But since 2009 onwards after we won the cc, the pendulum has swung. If your still the bigger club, ask yourself; why have we had more success (bar a jammy gf), why have the better players been attracted to our club and not yours eg Sandow v Peyroux, your average attendances have gradually fallen and ours have generally gone up over that period surpassing yours. Over the past 6/7 years, give me one reason why you believe your club to be bigger than us bar the jammy GF win?

(By the way, I do have a lot of respect for your SL era successes.)


This massive club that couldn't make the 8's
Re: SORE LOSERS!
Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:41 pm
LFC Saint Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 am
Posts: 805
Gazwire wrote:
Now and again you hear fans from Leeds Utd, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest insisting they're still big clubs, but only in their minds. You can harp Saints fans as much as you like about your history, and the same as Widnes, but like it or not,over the past 6/7 years, the stats will point to us being the bigger club.
The perception of the size of a club changes over time eg 1954 when we had the 104000 attendance, I'd say we were the bigger club. From the start of the SL era up until 2006 you were undoubtedly the bigger club. But since 2009 onwards after we won the cc, the pendulum has swung. If your still the bigger club, ask yourself; why have we had more success (bar a jammy gf), why have the better players been attracted to our club and not yours eg Sandow v Peyroux, your average attendances have gradually fallen and ours have generally gone up over that period surpassing yours. Over the past 6/7 years, give me one reason why you believe your club to be bigger than us bar the jammy GF win?

(By the way, I do have a lot of respect for your SL era successes.)


This massive club that couldn't make the 8's. Also lost out to Saints for Barbs and Bentley
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SecondRowSaint and 39 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to St. Helens - the-entertainers.tv


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,650,9552,15976,2964,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 27th Oct : 10:00
World Cup: Group A
  
AUSTRALIA
v
ENGLAND
Sat 28th Oct : 06:00
World Cup: Group C
  
PNG
v
WALES
Sat 28th Oct : 08:10
World Cup: Group B
  
NEW ZEALAND
v
SAMOA
Sat 28th Oct : 10:40
World Cup: Group D
  
FIJI
v
USA
Sun 29th Oct : 03:30
World Cup: Group B
  
IRELAND
v
ITALY
Sun 29th Oct : 05:00
World Cup: Group A
  
FRANCE
v
LEBANON
Sun 29th Oct : 06:15
World Cup: Group C/D
  
SCOTLAND
v
TONGA
Fri 3rd Nov : 09:00
World Cup: Group A
  
AUSTRALIA
v
FRANCE
Sat 4th Nov : 04:00
World Cup: Group B
  
NEW ZEALAND
v
SCOTLAND
Sat 4th Nov : 06:30
World Cup: Group B
  
SAMOA
v
TONGA
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM