WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Adam Swift and Regan
Adam Swift and Regan
Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 pm
LFC Saint Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

With Makinson, Swift and Grace all in the squad obviously only 2 places are available for wing.

Have saints once again shot themselves in the foot giving Swift a 2 year extension ? You cant pay decent money to 3 wingers and I suspect union teams will start looking at Grace.
Re: Adam Swift and Regan
Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:56 pm
brook40 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

No not at all. Swift will be a useful squad player if he loses his place on the wing. Grace looks a really good prospect and we should be looking at a long term deal for the lad,but lets not forget he is only 2 games in and a lot can happen.
Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:02 pm
The Chair Maker User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Absolutely not.

Swift is IMO the best winger at the club at this time.

Makinson is a good pro who is dependable and a solid finisher. However he lacks that bit extra that swift has in attack.

I personally would look at slotting Makinson into right centre once Lomax is back. Makinson played centre a lot at academy level.

I also think its too early to be jumping the gun re Grace. He has a lot to learn, teams havent worked him out yet. When they do he will be put under a lot of pressure and his weaknesses will be mercilessly exposed. May i remind you of one Kevin Penny who was lauded when he broke into the Wire side before becoming an embarrassment. It took years of hard work in the lower divisions before Penny earned the right to play SL again.

Grace has a lot of potential but it needs nurturing and not over exposing. I was embarrassed that fans are already chanting his name. This is premature and could blow back in our faces if it goes to his head.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:28 am
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

LFC Saint wrote:
With Makinson, Swift and Grace all in the squad obviously only 2 places are available for wing.

Have saints once again shot themselves in the foot giving Swift a 2 year extension ? You cant pay decent money to 3 wingers and I suspect union teams will start looking at Grace.

I would keep Makinson at Full Back with Wellens teaching him the trade at that position to know when to join the attacking line. We can't keep swopping and changing our back line every time (which is often) when Johnny Lomax gets injured he should be more of a utility player now as he has the ability to cover 3 other positions.

Swift is a good finisher with good footwork but comes up with some unexpected errors, I would say he is a more dangerous player in attack than Makinson. For Grace he's not really been tested yet, great easter weekend debut but early days yet, the coaching team are well aware he is a bit raw when it comes to other aspects of the game.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:01 am
Kernel User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Not a Saints fan, but would you not fancy Grace at FB? Imagine him like Tomkins in his prime, getting the ball with 20 metres space to run into, side stepping, etc. I think the kid is wasted on the wing.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily." Napoleon
Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:00 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Few getting giddy about Grace after two games. He still needs looking after and play in the right games.
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time -

"You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more"

Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior
Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm
redex113 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

It is a delight to see a Saints player with real pace and a step and the ability to beat the opposition. His size will always be a problem though. If he is looked after and coached well he could just be a little diamond.
For sale thirty brand new suits, made in 2007 never been worn but rather tear stained.
Apply to Wigan warriors rented accommodation.

2 nil will get you a win
30 nil will get you a win
75 nil is absolute humiliation.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 am
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Grace will end up in Rugby Union. 100%.

Regards

King James
Post Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm
jaybs User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Swift best winger at the club, IF that is the case it shows how bad the club is with wingers, Grace has much more prospects, but needs to be handled wel, if a player is good enough age should not count! experience comes from playing.
Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 pm
Anthony Jones Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Lebron James wrote:
Grace will end up in Rugby Union. 100%.

Regards

King James

I doubt it, not in the near future anyway.

Wales have a near identical player in Keelan Giles and it's him who's being groomed as an heir-apparent on the wing.
Next