WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2018 | Middle 8s
Re: 2018 | Middle 8s
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:14 pm
Posted by christopher on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:14 pm
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

As bad as we were i dont think (or more I hope) you can judge how we will fair in the 8s on that performance, dead rubber with one eye on a Semi Final with a few players rested never brings the best out of a team
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:15 pm
Posted by Mark Laurie on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:15 pm
Mark Laurie Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The Magic Rat wrote:
I agree regarding Finn. He could only have improved our half back options. It would have been a major change to introduce a new half back at this stage of the season but he could not have been any worse than what we have at the moment, and i include Myler in that. Plus he is an accomplished goalkicker which could be vital in the qualifiers.

As you say Usually changing halves near the end of the season would be nuts, but if you are all over the shop, can't kick goals, can't drop goals and see tight games keep drifting away, you have nothing to lose.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:42 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:42 pm
Juan Cornetto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Mark Laurie wrote:
As you say Usually changing halves near the end of the season would be nuts, but if you are all over the shop, can't kick goals, can't drop goals and see tight games keep drifting away, you have nothing to lose.

Salford new halfback signing from Manly, Jackson Hastings has just inspired them to beat Leeds with a try and had a hand in two others. Yet Sinfield felt the priority was 2 new forwards and picked Sutcliffe in the halves.

Signing a controlling game manager at half back has been a priority for a long time now so we go and sign a running stand off instead.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you!
- Winston Churchill
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:47 pm
Posted by christopher on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:47 pm
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Juan Cornetto wrote:
Salford new halfback signing from Manly, Jackson Hastings has just inspired them to beat Leeds with a try and had a hand in two others. Yet Sinfield felt the priority was 2 new forwards and picked Sutcliffe in the halves.

Signing a controlling game manager at half back has been a priority for a long time now so we go and sign a running stand off instead.

Hastings went off after 15minutes, he didn’t inspire them to anything, what inspired Salford was the fact we couldn’t hold on to the ball and when we did we did nothing with it, Forwards were our priority but I do agree the lack of organisation is a worry, if McGuire had stayed with us for another year we don’t end up in the middle 8s
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 pm
Posted by Gallanteer on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:55 pm
Gallanteer User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

christopher wrote:
Hastings went off after 15minutes, he didn’t inspire them to anything, what inspired Salford was the fact we couldn’t hold on to the ball and when we did we did nothing with it, Forwards were our priority but I do agree the lack of organisation is a worry, if McGuire had stayed with us for another year we don’t end up in the middle 8s

And yet Mags might now consign you to the MPG.

Nothing is certain and we are far from safe but with one 1 win in SL in last 11 and that being against Widnes, the MPG might actually be where Leeds end up.
And the Geek shall inherit the Earth!
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:07 pm
Posted by christopher on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:07 pm
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Gallanteer wrote:
And yet Mags might now consign you to the MPG.

Nothing is certain and we are far from safe but with one 1 win in SL in last 11 and that being against Widnes, the MPG might actually be where Leeds end up.

Hull KR will top the middle 8s and we will be 2nd or 3rd along with Toronto.

Yes Salford easily beat us tonight but there was nothing riding on the game and historically teams play badly before a CC semi (plus we resyed a few)

Now that’s not me glossing over our problems I just think we’ll have enough in us to be OK, thats all that matters this year, I actually half hope we lose next week as the cup could be a real distraction
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:16 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:16 pm
Juan Cornetto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:

Well Sinfield stated in his after match interview that "Hasting was great for 20 minutes and won the match for them" I would say that to score a try and have a hand in two others in an 18 minute spell was inspirational as when he left the field Salford had a 16 point lead which turned out to be the winning margin.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you!
- Winston Churchill
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:31 pm
Posted by christopher on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:31 pm
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Juan Cornetto wrote:
Well Sinfield stated in his after match interview that "Hasting was great for 20 minutes and won the match for them" I would say that to score a try and have a hand in two others in an 18 minute spell was inspirational as when he left the field Salford had a 16 point lead which turned out to be the winning margin.

I thought Hastings was exceptional when he was on, but we had enough possession and field position in the remaining 60 minutes to win that game against 12 men, Id like to know how many times we dropped the ball, that had nothing to do with Hastings, our inability in attack cost us that game, we seemed to spend most of the second half in Salfords half of the field but just coughing the ball up time snd time again
Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:14 am
Posted by Gotcha on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:14 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

christopher wrote:
I thought Hastings was exceptional when he was on, but we had enough possession and field position in the remaining 60 minutes to win that game against 12 men, Id like to know how many times we dropped the ball, that had nothing to do with Hastings, our inability in attack cost us that game, we seemed to spend most of the second half in Salfords half of the field but just coughing the ball up time snd time again

Actual Knock on’s were recorded as 13, but we might have dropped ball backwards and lost it too, you would know better with that. Salford also had 8 recorded knock ons.

An equally bigger problem it would seem was the missed tackles of Sutcliffe and Keinhorst. Not surprising, and a constant theme with their appearances that get missed. Both below average players st this level.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Post Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:13 am
Posted by ant1 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:13 am
ant1 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

The players need to look in the mirror and ask themselves some key questions.
Am I giving my all?
Am I simply stealing my money?
Do I really care for this club?
Am I really good enough?
Do I give a toss?
But they won't. The season finishes next weekend with a heavy defeat to Wire?
Then what? Bumble through the Middle 8s, finish third, stay in SL and holiday time. Easy life.
It's not good enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PreviousNext