WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - OUT 2018 | Josh Jordan-Roberts - York City Knights

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com OUT 2018 | Josh Jordan-Roberts - York City Knights

Posted by Frosties. on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:37 am
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 4

Jordan Roberts has signed for York City Knights permanently. Another player that hasn’t had much opportunity.
Posted by Bullseye on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:40 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 392

He'll go well for York. He wasn't out of place in the championship last year.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Posted by rollin thunder on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:33 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Frosties. wrote:
Jordan Roberts has signed for York City Knights permanently. Another player that hasn’t had much opportunity.

maybe just maybe, he is not good enough, some players are not.
Posted by Gotcha on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:50 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,258

rollin thunder wrote:
maybe just maybe, he is not good enough, some players are not.

He is certainly miles and miles better equiped than Walters is. One given a chance, the other not though.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by rollin thunder on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:59 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Gotcha wrote:
He is certainly miles and miles better equiped than Walters is. One given a chance, the other not though.

maybe just maybe he is not as good as walters, seen as now mcd has gone and walters still getting picked, maybe walters not has bad as you think. This idea that a lad in under 19's has not been given a chance even when we have had worst injury crisis in years would suggest to me that he is crap and was never going to be good enough, and if he was any good another super league side or championship club would have snapped him up not league one club.
Posted by Swoggy Loiner on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:13 pm
Swoggy Loiner Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Two Bobs was never the greatest player in the world, but made up for it on nights out, and his ability to carry on a bit. :lol:
Posted by Gotcha on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:09 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

rollin thunder wrote:
maybe just maybe he is not as good as walters, seen as now mcd has gone and walters still getting picked, maybe walters not has bad as you think. This idea that a lad in under 19's has not been given a chance even when we have had worst injury crisis in years would suggest to me that he is crap and was never going to be good enough, and if he was any good another super league side or championship club would have snapped him up not league one club.

Maybe just maybe you know very little about players who haven't played in the first team, and just comment on those you get to see. Or at least that is how it comes across.

Walters is crap no matter who the coach is, and way behind many players not given the same chance.

When was Roberts last chance for us? the game against Wigan last season with a team full of juniors. Out of that came a lot of praise for him and the stats backed it up. He got injured, never given another chance, thats the difference.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Posted by The Magic Rat on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:18 pm
The Magic Rat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Not seen much of him, but occasionally a drop down the divisions after leaving Leeds can be beneficial. Foster at Cas seems to have done ok out of it.
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.
Posted by Biff Tannen on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:54 pm
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Gotcha wrote:
Walters is crap no matter who the coach is, and way behind many players not given the same chance.

Correct. Can't believe he has been given a new deal. I have seen players playing national conference with more ability. I know a lot like to protect him on here, but i'm just not having that he is or ever will be SL quality.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Posted by Mark Laurie on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:24 pm
Mark Laurie Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Biff Tannen wrote:
Correct. Can't believe he has been given a new deal. I have seen players playing national conference with more ability. I know a lot like to protect him on here, but i'm just not having that he is or ever will be SL quality.

Has Walters been signed up again? I'd missed that.
I think Sinfield is making good progress in moving on players who are not good enough. For mine, Lilley, ormondroyd and JJR all fall in that category.
We need space to bring in some quality and some from the academy. Think the axe needs to fall now.
I would also move on Walters (if not yet signed up) and mullally, Ablett , Delaney, JJB and possibly Keinhorst. With moon likely to go ( would keep if possible) that should free up enough room to remodel the pack and bring in a new half.
For next year I'd look to make Sutcliffe into a back rower with Peteru and sign some more forwards.
Would love Maloney but reckon there is no chance. I'd be looking at Fifita and Horo at wakey and maybe DrinkwAter at Catalan to run the show and kick goals. Plus others. Lolohea can play Fb or centre and we can could then bring walker along without needing to play each week.
Next