WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 20 | Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 20 | Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos

Posted by nottinghamtiger on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:46 am
nottinghamtiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 86th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 0

Marty Grrrrrrrrrr! wrote:
Finally things need to change from the warm up on. We stroll out for 10 mins which involves the backs stood out for half of it passing a ball between themselves. Ryan Sheridan is out with Cas kickers 45 mins b4 kick off practising all types of kicks, 40-20s and short kicks as well as goal kicks. Is there any wonder their kicking game is far superior to ours and they score far more tries than we do from kicks???.

Yes, I commented on this at the time. I’ve never seen a professional team go through such a casual warm-up. They looked like a pub team having a quick jog around and throwing a ball around for a few minutes.
I put it down to a new coaching set-up and assumed nobody had thought who would lead the warm-up.

I hope you survive the middle 8s, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion as it was in 2016. You’d already started to pick up form going into the middle 8s in 2016 and brought in Segeyaro, who was fantastic and stood out against other teams in the middle 8. This year, I’m not so sure.
Posted by ant1 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:31 am
ant1 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 109th / 77,345

christopher wrote:
I thought we looked a whole load better inthe first 20, looked to have shape and goal line defence looked better, then... back to same dire performance as last week, we look unfit, could a change of fitness staff help here?

Were indire need of a decent 6 though

Pity the game lasts for 80.
Far too many "Championship at best" players and not enough class. Sorry I mean not ANY class out on the field.
Losing doesn't hurt the players, they get their salary and turn up for training, some get a game but here is no desire in this team, no passion, no commitment.
Massive clear out needed. This job is Everest like in term of challenges and will not be resolved this season or next.
Posted by The Ghost of '99 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:00 am
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 75th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 36

Before everyone goes full nuclear on where we are now it's worth remembering most of this group of players won a Grand Final nine months ago and have shown in several games this year that they can be very good.
No doubt a clear out is needed and the departure of Joel Moon is a good start. But the 'rebuilding' required is probably less than is being portrayed.
The first thing needed is to get their heads sorted, then we'll be able to make better judgements.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:43 am
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 36
Rep Position: 77th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 48

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Before everyone goes full nuclear on where we are now it's worth remembering most of this group of players won a Grand Final nine months ago and have shown in several games this year that they can be very good.
No doubt a clear out is needed and the departure of Joel Moon is a good start. But the 'rebuilding' required is probably less than is being portrayed.
The first thing needed is to get their heads sorted, then we'll be able to make better judgements.

Several? i can think of 2 games where we played for more than hour both v ST's as for the rest we haven't even put an hour toghether of good RL.
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Posted by Bang on Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:57 am
Bang User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 87th / 77,345

Have to agree regarding our warm up. Its been the same for years. Needs changing. Especially the kickers. They should be out practising. Hopefully Kev puts this into place, then again, he never did it!
YEAH LIKE WHATEVER!
TEAM UP! TEAM UP!
Posted by christopher on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:33 am
christopher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 40
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,345

Bang wrote:
Have to agree regarding our warm up. Its been the same for years. Needs changing. Especially the kickers. They should be out practising. Hopefully Kev puts this into place, then again, he never did it!

He didn't need to!
Posted by D4mo78 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 pm
D4mo78 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 111th / 77,345

ant1 wrote:
Losing doesn't hurt the players, they get their salary and turn up for training

Couldn't agree less with this. You don't think that someone who's livelihood depends on the game cares? At the end of the game, We as fans go home and get on with our life. The guys who have put their bodies through hell have to deal with it for days. Yeah, the teams struggling and some players are way below the standards we want, but the say they don't care is extremely disrespectful.
Posted by D4mo78 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:25 pm
D4mo78 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 111th / 77,345

ant1 wrote:
Losing doesn't hurt the players, they get their salary and turn up for training

Couldn't agree less with this. You don't think that someone who's livelihood depends on the game cares? At the end of the game, We as fans go home and get on with our life. The guys who have put their bodies through hell have to deal with it for days. Yeah, the teams struggling and some players are way below the standards we want, but the say they don't care is extremely disrespectful.
Posted by tigertot on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:28 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 107
Rep Position: 27th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 308

D4mo78 wrote:
The guys who have put their bodies through hell have to deal with it for days.

Getting paid to play RL is nothing like hell. Get some perspective.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Previous