WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia

Re: Lenighan blames West Yorkshire mafia
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:56 pm
Posted by The Ghost of '99 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:56 pm
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,961

Quiz Score: 36

Phuzzy wrote:
Sorry, my error. I forgot you know more than anyone else on the subject and no one could possibly have any inside information if you don't. After all you are the font of all human knowledge aren't you?
Based on what I'm seeing here yes I do believe I'm better informed than quite a few posters. Sorry if that offends your desire to be Jonny Big Cock on an internet forum.

Phuzzy wrote:
If you are also aware that we need to sort things out, why are you supporting the current regime that you must also know is currently failing to do just that? Somewhat of a contradiction, don't you think? Unless, of course, you don't "know" anything at all.

Where have I said I support the current "regime" (what an interestingly loaded term)? What I'm opposed to vehemently are SL club owners, who have shown themselves utterly incapable of running their own clubs with any sort of business success, making a power and money grab. They are the last people we should be giving the levers of power to.

Elstone has my support as an administrator and he seems a relatively good man with an ok CV. As an RFL CEO or SL General manager he'd be a fine appointment and I hope he becomes one. His initial approach and allowing himself to be revealed as a puppet of Ian Lenagan of all people showed a worrying lack of judgement that he has struggled to recover from. I hope that he does recover (his more recent statements are much more measured) and improves all the areas that SL is failing on at the moment. There is plenty of need for change: commercial, structure, quality of product, game image.

The biggest problem however is the clubs who are, almost as one, lazy and unimaginative, bloated by a Sky funding safety net. If there was a single one of them which showed they were growing crowds or revenues or bettering fan engagement in any way other than the relative lottery of on field success I'd be interested to hear what they had to say. Instead most are treading water or worse in Wigan's case. If Elstone drives some change at club level and forces them to accept their responsibilities to the sport and to the league rather than just blaming the RFL for everything like a bunch of spoiled brats then he will quickly earn my respect and support.
Last edited by The Ghost of '99 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:57 pm
Posted by Clearwing on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:57 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 26th / 76,961

Quiz Score: 0

Phuzzy wrote:
Sorry, my error. I forgot you know more than anyone else on the subject and no one could possibly have any inside information if you don't. After all you are the font of all human knowledge aren't you? Like I said mate, believe what you want. You're clearly happy in your ignorance.

P.S. If you are also aware that we need to sort things out, why are you supporting the current regime that you must also know is currently failing to do just that? Somewhat of a contradiction, don't you think? Unless, of course, you don't "know" anything at all.

Insults aside, you might gain more traction for your arguments were you to specify of what your inside info consists. You may be unfamiliar with this board but it's awash at times with folk reckoning to be ITK - only to be shown subsequently to have been spouting b*ll*cks.

Incidentally, I for one would love it if Lenahan had come up with a coherent strategy to right the game's wrongs. But I'm struggling to find anything of real substance, particularly now that all parties seem agreed that funding to the lower league's can't be cut, at least in the short term. Though it is, I admit, entirely possible I've missed it through being away while the fallout from the initial statement was continuing.
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:17 pm
Posted by Phuzzy on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:17 pm
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,961

Quiz Score: 0

Clearwing wrote:
Insults aside, you might gain more traction for your arguments were you to specify of what your inside info consists. You may be unfamiliar with this board but it's awash at times with folk reckoning to be ITK - only to be shown subsequently to have been spouting b*ll*cks.

Incidentally, I for one would love it if Lenahan had come up with a coherent strategy to right the game's wrongs. But I'm struggling to find anything of real substance, particularly now that all parties seem agreed that funding to the lower league's can't be cut, at least in the short term. Though it is, I admit, entirely possible I've missed it through being away while the fallout from the initial statement was continuing.

I run an international music company supplying music to the film and TV industries. However Ghost of 99 is apparently better informed than me (see above post) and I'm just playing "Johnny Big Cock" so perhaps your questions would be better directed to him. I've tried to add what I know (or at least what I'm at liberty to divulge) but your resident internet know it all seems to find it laughable that anyone could be in a position to have information that he isn't privy to. I wouldn't ask his sources, or specifically what they've said, but I'd be damned interested to know what it is he does or who he knows that gives him such an unassailable confidence that his information is better than mine!

No matter. I've added my piece. People will either believe there is a massive problem heading our way or they won't. C'est la vie.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 pm
Posted by ryano on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 pm
ryano User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

International Music Company eh? Well that's me convinced! FFS!
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:26 pm
Posted by Mark Laurie on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:26 pm
Mark Laurie Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Phuzzy wrote:
I run an international music company supplying music to the film and TV industries. However Ghost of 99 is apparently better informed than me (see above post) and I'm just playing "Johnny Big Cock" so perhaps your questions would be better directed to him. I've tried to add what I know (or at least what I'm at liberty to divulge) but your resident internet know it all seems to find it laughable that anyone could be in a position to have information that he isn't privy to. I wouldn't ask his sources, or specifically what they've said, but I'd be damned interested to know what it is he does or who he knows that gives him such an unassailable confidence that his information is better than mine!

No matter. I've added my piece. People will either believe there is a massive problem heading our way or they won't. C'est la vie.

Are you Simon Moran? Do I win five english pounds?
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm
Posted by FGB on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm
FGB User avatar
Strong-running second rower

This thread suddenly got a whole lot more interesting. My money's on it being Daniel Bedingfield.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm
Posted by Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm
Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

We've gotta get through this.

Keep it clean guys.
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND.

IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT.

SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado

Wanted : Safe return of my beloved New England Patriots hat
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:49 pm
Posted by tigertot on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:49 pm
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 76,961

Quiz Score: 308

Must be Simon Cowell. He's a regular darn t'lane.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:07 pm
Posted by FGB on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:07 pm
FGB User avatar

Go on then...are you Chaka Deemus or infact Pliers?
Post Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:29 pm
Posted by Mark Laurie on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:29 pm
Mark Laurie Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

FGB wrote:
Go on then...are you Chaka Deemus or infact Pliers?

I'll see your pliers and raise you a Shabba Ranks
PreviousNext