WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 6 Nations Chat - Rugby Yawnion

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com 6 Nations Chat - Rugby Yawnion

Re: RD 5 | Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 31
Rep Position: 76th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 48

Juan Cornetto wrote:
He was actually chasing the man with the ball and on 38 occasions made the tackle. He only came on in the first half after 28 minutes and was not on for the whole of the second half so when he was not tackling it did not leave much time for these "many occasions when he left gaps" or "was bumped off when first in a tackle"so you are exaggerating. P

Perhaps you showed watch the TV video and you will see the good work he did which perhaps you did not spot live. While you are doing that you can quantify all these many occasions that he was bumped off and left all these gaps?

I never said he was a tackling machine. What I pointed out was the important role he played in our defence last night to counter the OTT opinion coming fro Gotcha

I am sure you will be pleased that Owen Farrell is captain of England tomorrow. Something I know you predicted or not?

I've got it recorded so ill be happy to review my opinion should it be the all conquering defensive master class you make it out to be & im supposedly exaggerating!! :lol:
As for Owen Farrell captaining England good for him but lets be honest he's hardly the World Class 10 you predicted he'd become either is he?
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:29 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:29 pm
Juan Cornetto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 85th / 77,341

Quiz Score: 0

RHINO-MARK wrote:
I've got it recorded so ill be happy to review my opinion should it be the all conquering defensive master class you make it out to be & im supposedly exaggerating!! :lol:
As for Owen Farrell captaining England good for him but lets be honest he's hardly the World Class 10 you predicted he'd become either is he?

I look forward to your thoughts after looking at the vid.

Regarding Owen Farrell he is very highly regarded as a world class 10 by all the top coaches on the world stage and the experienced pundits. He is first choice for Europe's top club side and twice picked for Lions tours starting in all three tests last year and he is the key player in the England side.

He is one of the highest paid players in the world with a 5 year £750k p.a. deal signed with his club last year. On top of this his England earnings are about £240k p.a. and he earned £70 from the Lions tour.

He has fulfilled all the predictions I made almost 10 years ago and which you disagreed with at the time and you still reckon that he is not world class despite being paid £1million in the last year not counting sponsorship!
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you!
- Winston Churchill
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:44 pm
Posted by leedsnsouths on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:44 pm
leedsnsouths Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 94th / 77,341

Juan Cornetto wrote:

Regarding Owen Farrell he is very highly regarded as a world class 10 by all the top coaches on the world stage and the experienced pundits. He is first choice for Europe's top club side and twice picked for Lions tours starting in all three tests last year and he is the key player in the England side.

He is one of the highest paid players in the world with a 5 year £750k p.a. deal signed with his club last year. On top of this his England earnings are about £240k p.a. and he earned £70 from the Lions tour.

He has fulfilled all the predictions I made almost 10 years ago and which you disagreed with at the time and you still reckon that he is not world class despite being paid £1million in the last year not counting sponsorship!

He only earned £70 for a lions tour?
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 pm
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Juan Cornetto wrote:

His wages are neither here nor there in a cash rich sport.
You say all top Coaches in the World rate him as a World Class 10 yet the England Coach picks him at 12?
Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:22 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:22 pm
Juan Cornetto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 85th / 77,341

RHINO-MARK wrote:
You say all top Coaches in the World rate him as a World Class 10 yet the England Coach picks him at 12?

Farrell is one of the world's top rugby earners if not the highest earner so they are a excellent indicator of how he is rated in the sport.

Once again you display your poor rugby judgement and awareness check out the 30 best players in the world list below.

https://www.ruck.co.uk/30-best-players-world-201/7/

http://rugbylad.com/the-10-best-rugby-players-in-the-world-right-now/

The England coach wants to play two 10's as creative organisers and Farrell has the skill and defensive capabilities to be a world class 12 as well as a world class 10. Ford who I do like on his day is not even rated in the top 30 players in the world while Farrell is rated number ONE in the first list and number TWO in the second
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you!
- Winston Churchill
Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:11 pm
Posted by son of headingley on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:11 pm
son of headingley Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 104th / 77,341

Juan Cornetto wrote:
Farrell is one of the world's top rugby earners if not the highest earner so they are a excellent indicator of how he is rated in the sport.

Once again you display your poor rugby judgement and awareness check out the 30 best players in the world list below.

The England coach wants to play two 10's as creative organisers and Farrell has the skill and defensive capabilities to be a world class 12 as well as a world class 10. Ford who I do like on his day is not even rated in the top 30 players in the world while Farrell is rated number ONE in the first list and number TWO in the second

Opinions, opinions, opinions...

Do you also give great credence to the Sky Man-of-the-Match award winner?

As it happens I think Farrell is a very good player. I do not need someone to tell me that he is in a adolescent-style "Top 20" article.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:22 pm
Posted by leedsnsouths on Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:22 pm
leedsnsouths Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 94th / 77,341

RHINO-MARK wrote:

All depends on your definition of world class, he is probably in the best 10 players in the world but he is neither the best 10 or 12 in the world and therefore wouldn't be in a 'world 15', so imo cant be called world class.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:21 pm
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:21 pm
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

leedsnsouths wrote:
All depends on your definition of world class, he is probably in the best 10 players in the world but he is neither the best 10 or 12 in the world and therefore wouldn't be in a 'world 15', so imo cant be called world class.

We're on the same page JC loves his lists as it somehow proves he is above any differing opinion
Today & v Scotland his "World Class" hero who is top on 1 list & 2nd on the other whilst earning loads of money (apparently)like his Team mates were shown up again.
I think OF is a very good player & better than i thought he would be but he's not in the same bracket as Dan Carter was or where Barrett of NZ is that's my opinion & ill stick with it.
Oh & OF hasn't done it at a World Cup yet either.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:28 pm
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:28 pm
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Juan Cornetto wrote:

So a couple of "lists" prove he's World Class?
Here's me thinking it was performance & consistency over a sustained period of time.
It's quite amusing how you continually use a different opinion as some sort of proof as poor rugby judgement yet rely heavily on spreadsheets without been at games or even just viewing highlights.
How did your superstar do against Scotland or Today??
I look forward to seeing OF at a World Cup aswell before getting near to taking your view & using lists & earnings to back it up.
Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 pm
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 pm
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 69th / 77,341

Farrell is easily world class. He's no Dan Carter, but he's a better all round player than Wilkinson was, and he has a great partnership with Ford. Saying that, it's been funny to see them knocked down a peg in this 6Ns :D

Anyway, back to the interesting stuff, and Friday's game. It was patchy, but we were pretty clinical near the Hull line which was quite refreshing, although we've let teams off the hook too many times in games this season, but we've defended very well so far, although Saints will be a huge step up next week, but hopefully we can get a couple more players back next week - I think we'll need it.

On an individual level, I thought Watkins, Garbutt and Myler were particularly outstanding. I honestly don't think there's many props in SL I'd swap Garbutt for, if he was English, he'd be considered a star. I also though Golding had a great game too. If Walker had a game like that people would be fawning over it. Delaney has also had a sollid start to the season.
On the other side of the coin, I thought Ormondroyd (again) was terrible in defense. He'll never make a regualr SL player if he doesn't drastically improve in this area.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Next