WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 25 | Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos

Board index Qualifiers Eights Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 25 | Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos

Posted by Sal Paradise on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:29 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,033

Quiz Score: 0

Wildcat26 wrote:
Thank you - I agree I don't think Leeds were up to scratch last night, but I think Wakefield looked hungry and played the basics right. A bit like us last week at Hudds, we were not up to standard but beaten by the better team.. quite simple really isn't it when you think about it. Also I'm not too sure why a lot of your fans seem to think the Wigan win was a high for you guys? There hands down the poorest team in this 8? And also to the poster that says based on last night we wont win another game in the 8s, we get told that time and time again.. it actually starts to get boring, but we will see - Lets revisit this thread in a few weeks time.

And Sal, our coach isn't doing too bad at getting the best out of those "Average" players this season is he? Imagine what he could do with your budget :P

The coach has a good mentor and they do appear to be working well as a pair. They are helped by the dire standard of the league but you can only beat what gets on the field against you.

Time will tell how they progress through the 8's - one thing is for sure SL is a better place for having Wakefield in its ranks.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Posted by SmokeyTA on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 pm
SmokeyTA Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

ant1 wrote:
Wakefield totally destroyed us last night and have probably derailed our season.
Leeds may beat Hull FC, seeing they are playing them 5 days after the CC Final, and Salford but will get nothing from Saints, Cas or Huddersfield.
Will a maximum 4 points be enough to get us into the top 4? I don't think so.

4 points would put us at least 8 points for 5th with 10 to play for.

For us to not qualify for the 4 if we win two, Sts would need to win 5 of the last 6 AND Wakefield would need to win 4 of 5 and hope to have a better points difference.
//www.pngnrlbid.com

bUsTiNyAbALLs wrote:
Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.

vastman wrote:
My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.
Posted by Sal Paradise on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:44 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

loiner81 wrote:
Not avoiding anything, just pointing out how excited you seem to get whenever Leeds put in a bad performance. It's very odd.

We were appalling last night from 1-17 and the coach was equally as bad in many of his decisions.
I don't thrive on misery though so don't have a lot more to say about it, other than games like that are best forgotten and quickly.

We'll be back next week and i've already put bets on us making OT.

Have a lovely day moaning and stamping your feet Sal.

Oh and I never did get any confirmation you paid up.... please PM me rather than derail this thread.

You are the only person who didn't see it then - hardly surprising :D

The copy of the payment was posted on thread where you raised the notion I would have to pay up - suggest you re-visit the thread or ask one of the moderators who locked it after sight of the payment was posted.
Your job is to say to yourself on a job interview does the hiring manager likes me or not. If you aren't a particular manager's cup of tea, you haven't failed -- you've dodged a bullet.
Posted by suffolk rhinos on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 pm
suffolk rhinos User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

i saw it tbf
GREEN BAY WISCONSIN-TITLE TOWN
Posted by chapylad on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:25 pm
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,033

Thought Leeds looked disinterested whilst Wakefield after getting their backsides kicked by their coach out enthused us outplayed and out muscled us.
We got what we deserved.
For me Keinhorst for Ablett, Garbutt for JJB and Baldwinson on the bench.
McGuire had a bad day and stopped trying instead of putting in the extra effort as captain.
What was the idea subbing Golding btw
Well played Wakey.
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 pm
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,033

chapylad wrote:
What was the idea subbing Golding btw

Apart from the fact he was awful on the night, I think he picked up a hamstring injury again.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Posted by upthecats on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:34 am
upthecats User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Thought we were excellent and full value for our win...if we repeat that kind of performance in every game left we're sure to win another few....the telling stat for me was the error count...21 for Leeds and 12 for us...if you dig further into that, 10 of our 12 errors happened inside the Leeds 20...8 of them inside the 10 and most on the last tackle.......any team who makes only two handling errors from between their own line and the opposition 20 in 80 minutes has had a pretty good day at the office in my eyes....because of that we continually asked Leeds to go 90 metres and our defense coped pretty comfortably....

With Miller now back (who we've badly missed) and Tyler Randell expected to arrive this week it's a real timely boost to take forward off the back of such a convincing win...we could just fall short up front if we pick up another knock or two and that could really hurt us.....great to see four Yorkshire teams in the top four at present though, long may it continue!
Posted by cosworth on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:47 pm
cosworth Stevo's Armpit

Now we've decided that Watkins is our main kicker ??? that takes away the reason for having Sutcliffe on the field. We've tried him at stand off,full back and now centre and he's not managed to hold down a place. Keinhorst if far more reliable in defence too but really our main problem is our left centre is playing out of position. WE need a running half back. Just look at the problems Jacob Miller gave us this week, he'd be an absolute star in the Leeds team. Plus we need some size and aggression in the pack
Posted by tad rhino on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:54 pm
tad rhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

McGuire is a running half back.
it was.

we need a controlling half back who can dictate play, when to slow down and when to speed up.
get moon back to centre. I really don't rate him at 6.
Posted by Sal Paradise on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:32 pm
Sal Paradise User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

tad rhino wrote:
McGuire is a running half back.
it was.

we need a controlling half back who can dictate play, when to slow down and when to speed up.
get moon back to centre. I really don't rate him at 6.

Moon is not a 6 and never will be he lacks the basic skill set to be an effective half back
PreviousNext