Wed 23 May : RLFANS.COM will be undergoing maintenance over the next few days and the service may be unavailable periodically.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - OUT 2017 | Zak Hardaker - Castleford Tigers

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com OUT 2017 | Zak Hardaker - Castleford Tigers

Posted by tigertot on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:12 am
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 308

Old Feller wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42171264
Maybe Hardaker will only get 3 months too?
Double standards?

I wonder if Hardie paid tax on that purchase.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Posted by The Biffs Back on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:45 pm
The Biffs Back User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 8

I have been informed that Zak has started working for a commercial cleaning company based in Castleford.(I won't name the company)

It would be my guess that the Castleford Tigers Club have set him up with this temporary employment until he is allowed to return to playing.
(I would hope that this is also some form of punishment from the club and that he has contracted hours that he has to adhere to each day in order that he can return to playing for them once his ban elapses)

Hopefully his rude awakenings from not being allowed to play Rugby League whilst he is banned and also now having to undertake work as a cleaner will make him realise what a talented fool he is and that he will finally make some lifestyle changes that will stop himself getting into these situations ever again,But we've all thought that before so I won't hold my breath that he won't ever get into these situations in future
"...To those people that wrote this team off...
to all those that criticised this team...
tonight's for you"

Sir Kevin Sinfield
Posted by Superted on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:07 am
Superted Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 0

Would said company happen to be a commercial partner of the club?

And people think the clubs aren't complicit!
Posted by The Biffs Back on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:27 pm
The Biffs Back User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 8

Superted wrote:
Would said company happen to be a commercial partner of the club?

And people think the clubs aren't complicit!

5 stars for you Superted :wink:
"...To those people that wrote this team off...
to all those that criticised this team...
tonight's for you"

Sir Kevin Sinfield
Posted by DHM on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:00 am
DHM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Don't agree with long bans for this. It's effectively a club matter and his ultimate employer the RFL. Let's be honest RL players have rarely shown themselves to be "role models". I wouldn't want my son to look up to that t!t with or without the coke use. 3 months for first offence, then double it every time he repeats. It's not "cheating" and he's only ruining himself.
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"
Posted by rollin thunder on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 pm
rollin thunder Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 76,860

DHM wrote:
Don't agree with long bans for this. It's effectively a club matter and his ultimate employer the RFL. Let's be honest RL players have rarely shown themselves to be "role models". I wouldn't want my son to look up to that t!t with or without the coke use. 3 months for first offence, then double it every time he repeats. It's not "cheating" and he's only ruining himself.

except it is not a club matter its world anti doping authority matter, they tested him they caught him, they say that coke is a performance enhancer, and coke is class A illegal. its on there banned list so as a professional sportsman he comes under WADA testing, all players no the consequences of a 2 year ban if caught so letting him of with what is essentially on off season ban is no deterrent.
sick of hearing how he is some how hard done to, unlucky, cocaine is ok everyone does it. well everybody speeds when driving but its still illegal and you can get banned if caught. so tough sh*t. career pretty much over its his own fault. don't want a 2 year ban don't snort class A narcotics. its that simple.
Posted by Norman Stanley Fletcher on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:43 pm
Norman Stanley Fletcher User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,860

rollin thunder wrote:
except it is not a club matter its world anti doping authority matter, they tested him they caught him, they say that coke is a performance enhancer, and coke is class A illegal. its on there banned list so as a professional sportsman he comes under WADA testing, all players no the consequences of a 2 year ban if caught so letting him of with what is essentially on off season ban is no deterrent.
sick of hearing how he is some how hard done to, unlucky, cocaine is ok everyone does it. well everybody speeds when driving but its still illegal and you can get banned if caught. so tough sh*t. career pretty much over its his own fault. don't want a 2 year ban don't snort class A narcotics. its that simple.

Spot on
[watching Mackay testing the curry in the prison kitchens]
Fletcher: Course, he sees 'imself as an authority on curry, he does, on account of where he was stationed in the army.
Rudge: Where? India?
Fletcher: No, Bradford.
Posted by DHM on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 pm
DHM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

WADA are wrong about their bans for recreational drug use. Unless you are playing the part of Mork in Mork and Mindy cocaine is not going to enhance your performance and WADA know it. Cannabis is on the list due to US lobbying as part of their general "war on drugs". If they want to ban performance enhancing drugs then why are painkilling injections allowed. They are drugs and they enhance performance, they also f*** players up.
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"
Posted by TOMCAT on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:46 pm
TOMCAT User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

DHM wrote:
WADA are wrong about their bans for recreational drug use. Unless you are playing the part of Mork in Mork and Mindy cocaine is not going to enhance your performance and WADA know it. Cannabis is on the list due to US lobbying as part of their general "war on drugs". If they want to ban performance enhancing drugs then why are painkilling injections allowed. They are drugs and they enhance performance, they also f*** players up.

Whether WADA are right or wrong, and I disagree with you, the fact of the matter is that all RL players including the serial miscreant, knew how the use of Cocaine would be viewed and what the potential penalties could be. So any dumb bar steward who for his own jollies decided to flout the rules, risking a ban in the process and letting down his club, team mates and supporters deserves what ever he gets IMO. And for the avoidance of doubt if he were still a Rhino, I'd hold exactly the same view. A player, any player, who lacks the self discipline to curb his behaviour whilst he is in competition, is a liability that most clubs can do without.
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:22 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 76,860

Sorry DHM, I'm with Tomcat. There are plenty of laws I may disagree with, or punishments for offences within RL. But they are what they are. If you want them changed them lobby to get them changed, but its never been any kind of defence to say you disagree with the punishment.
PreviousNext