WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The standard of rugby league

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com The standard of rugby league

The standard of rugby league

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:54 am
StoneColdJaneAusten Stevo's Armpit

After witnessing yesterdays rubbish and the dross served up this year, not just by leeds but the whole of super league, the standard of rugby has been extremely poor. The only teams to the exception I can think of is widnes and wire with the exception of the odd game. Thoughts?

Re: The standard of rugby league

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:36 am
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I wouldn't worry yourself with the standard of the game . Sounds like a case if we are crap then the whole games ssssshite . It's comforting to know you all of a sudden have an interest in the standards , however the time to express your concerns should have been at the end of last season when you did the treble .

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:07 pm
lionarmour87 Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

A mate of mine saw his first game in 1940s he's 84 and he packed it in last season ,yes last season.Its the modern game he's fallen out with he said it was like watching a pinball machine
Soon we will be dancing the Fandango

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB'S DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESS THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.
JAMIE PEACOCK

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:09 pm
SmokeyTA Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

lampyboy wrote:
I wouldn't worry yourself with the standard of the game . Sounds like a case if we are crap then the whole games ssssshite . It's comforting to know you all of a sudden have an interest in the standards , however the time to express your concerns should have been at the end of last season when you did the treble .

Plenty did.
//www.pngnrlbid.com

bUsTiNyAbALLs wrote:
Do not converse with me you filthy minded deviant.

vastman wrote:
My rage isn't impotent luv, I'm frothing at the mouth actually.

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:27 pm
StoneColdJaneAusten Stevo's Armpit

lampyboy wrote:

Of course standard of RL is of interest, especially in this country! did you not just watch the recent world club series! The standard of rugby last year was excellent, by all teams. Free flowing attacking rugby is what everybody wants to see in competitive games, we got plenty of that last year. This season, that is not the case. The standard has been atrocious. It could be argued that even the NRL under 20's comp (Holden Cup), is a better standard of rugby than SL at this moment in time. worrying time if this continues

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:11 pm
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

StoneColdJaneAusten wrote:
After witnessing yesterdays rubbish and the dross served up this year, not just by leeds but the whole of super league, the standard of rugby has been extremely poor. The only teams to the exception I can think of is widnes and wire with the exception of the odd game. Thoughts?

maybe sky should stop showing the likes of leeds, wigan saints week in week out, 3 teams who have been the poorest for quality and entertainment on tv in most games shown so far

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:57 pm
leedsnsouths Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Most of the top teams played 35+ games, with more games against the better sides, we played saints and wigan 5 times and Hud 4 times

The longer season also means we start earlier, meaning we have a very short preseason, this is an even bigger problem for those who played for England. I dont think anyone who played for England except Bateman is playing to their potential atm.

I also think there are longer term problems, possibly due to the decrease in the standard of coaching.
2014 was the worst SL season I have ever seen in terms of attack, though this season looks to break it.
Last year Leeds carried the other teams in terms of entertainment (for Leeds fans at least) as the rest of the league were in general very structured (even Salford with Chase!), with us doing so badly there is little skill on show, although Warrington are playing some entertaining stuff.

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:20 pm
The Eagle User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Nottingham. 800 years ago outlaws stole from the rich. Little has changed here

The standard in SL this year has been awful. The fact we are so of the pace shiws hiw far we have fallen
Sick of getting crappy gifts ? Get the gifts that YOU want.
Use www.giftslist.co.uk

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:04 am
DHM User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Early season was always rubbish. No matter what "era" you watched. At least now you can actually see the players are trying rather than jogging off a Sunday roast.
(FYI, they did a poll many years ago amongst RL players regarding their pre-match routine and a fairly worrying percentage stuck down "full Sunday dinner" as part of their game day preparation).
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:33 pm
GeoffRoebuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

lionarmour87 wrote:
A mate of mine saw his first game in 1940s he's 84 and he packed it in last season ,yes last season.Its the modern game he's fallen out with he said it was like watching a pinball machine

I packed up going to games two years ago after being a die hard supporter of the game since 1960

When I watch a match on Sky most games are Rugby League To Stun Pigs By
Next