WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2

Re: Transfer Talk / Rumour Thread V2
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:50 am
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:50 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

I'd generally avoid picking the bones from the Cowboys rejects if at all possible - they're being released as the Cowboys are doing what we should have started after 2016 - getting rid of squad hangers-on who rode the coattails of Thurston, Taumalolo and the other quality players they have. Lowe, Fensom, Linnet are not wanted by a side looking to move back up the ladder.

O'Neil's interesting because although he's still relatively young his form has gone backwards as well. But he at least has real pedigree, unlike some of the others.

I guess I'm just hoping we don't rush to fill quota spots with junk, as we'll end up having to keep them for at least a couple of seasons.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:24 am
Posted by Trebor1 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:24 am
Trebor1 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

BrisbaneRhino wrote:
I'd generally avoid picking the bones from the Cowboys rejects if at all possible - they're being released as the Cowboys are doing what we should have started after 2016 - getting rid of squad hangers-on who rode the coattails of Thurston, Taumalolo and the other quality players they have. Lowe, Fensom, Linnet are not wanted by a side looking to move back up the ladder.

O'Neil's interesting because although he's still relatively young his form has gone backwards as well. But he at least has real pedigree, unlike some of the others.

I guess I'm just hoping we don't rush to fill quota spots with junk, as we'll end up having to keep them for at least a couple of seasons.

I know what you're saying there but even average and above nrl players are quite a step up from what we have at present in certain positions. As long as one or two aren't costing the earth they will hugely improve us. But yes we need to be mindful not to fill up quota or sal cap with too many
Last edited by Trebor1 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:25 am
Posted by cheekydiddles on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:25 am
cheekydiddles Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

BrisbaneRhino wrote:

Is it not all relative though as surely their “junk” as you put it is still far far better than our “junk” ?
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:26 am
Posted by Trebor1 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:26 am
Trebor1 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Indeed
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:39 am
Posted by krisleeds on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:39 am
krisleeds User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Id have Ashley from Coronation Street over Ash Handley.

That's how bad it is.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 am
Posted by Superted on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 am
Superted Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,258

krisleeds wrote:
Id have Ashley from Coronation Street over Ash Handley.

That's how bad it is.

And Uncle Fred would bend the line more than most of our forwards.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:39 am
Posted by Bullseye on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:39 am
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 392

Trebor1 wrote:
I know what you're saying there but even average and above nrl players are quite a step up from what we have at present in certain positions. As long as one or two aren't costing the earth they will hugely improve us. But yes we need to be mindful not to fill up quota or sal cap with too many

I'm not so sure that's always the case. Leeds have had their share of very average ex NRL players.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:32 pm
Posted by sharky64 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:32 pm
sharky64 Stevo's Armpit

I don’t understand why we can’t make some announcements! Fensom, O’Neil and Drinkwater are done deals apparently. Season Tickets need to be worth the rise.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:51 pm
Posted by Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:51 pm
Ex-Swarcliffe Rhino User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

They are holding out for a whisper campaign building up to the Southstand open day.

Where coincidently the new kit is on sale and the bar is open.....

#ClassicDarth
BELIEVE. BELIEF. BEYOND.

IT AIN'T WHERE YOUR FROM, ITS WHERE YOUR AT.

SWMC Coach's very own timekeeping aficionado & expert stair inspector.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:45 pm
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:45 pm
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,258

sharky64 wrote:
I don’t understand why we can’t make some announcements! Fensom, O’Neil and Drinkwater are done deals apparently. Season Tickets need to be worth the rise.

We don't have the quota space for all 3, do we?
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
PreviousNext