WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The next Rhinos coach should be

Board index Qualifiers Eights Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com The next Rhinos coach should be

Re: The next Rhinos coach should be
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:32 pm
Juan Cornetto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

batleyrhino wrote:
I don't think he has all the knowledge and experience at the moment, and like anyone moving into a new position he will need to acquire it. What I do believe is that Kevin is intelligent enough, and has shown enough Leadership characteristics, to be afforded the time to develop the skills and knowledge that is required by a CEO. He also has an expert (who's taken his eye off the ball in the last couple of years granted) to teach him over the next year or two.

I actually typed out a much longer and more precise response but my bl00dy connection was lost and so was the post... :FRUSRATED:

Look I was a big fan of Sinfield as a player and captain and I really wish him well in his new role but he actually has no experience or knowledge of running a business as he has not had a real world 'proper job' since he left school. Now that is not to say he will not develop into a good business manager one day but I do think we are expecting too much of the fella.

With a top Aussie coach why do we need a DOR? What can he bring to the table? You are assuming he will take over from GH as CEO but my guess is that PC will want a professional proven manager to run the business when GH retires.
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you!
- Winston Churchill
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:41 pm
Posted by batleyrhino on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:41 pm
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Perhaps it’s PC that has approved bringing Kevin back so he can learn from GH before he retires and become exactly what you say PC will want?

Seems like you are arguing with me, but we actually have a similar view that Kevin isn’t CEO material today? Only difference I see in our positions is that I’m more confident than you that he can get to the required standard.
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:44 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:44 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

RHINO-MARK wrote:
Still unable to accept his hero carrys any blame or accountability whatsoever.

Not so. I am critical of BMcD for accepting the lack of major class recruitment from GH. I am also critical of his judgement (and yours) that Sutcliffe should be the replacement for Sinfield when it was obvious (at least to me) at the time that he was not good enough.

As someone who has been calling for BMcD to be sacked since 2011/12 you have had to eat seconds, thirds and fourths of humble pie as he broke all records for a Leeds (and SL) coach. So no surprise that you still don't like anyone sticking up for him.
- Winston Churchill
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:48 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

batleyrhino wrote:
Perhaps it’s PC that has approved bringing Kevin back so he can learn from GH before he retires and become exactly what you say PC will want?

Seems like you are arguing with me, but we actually have a similar view that Kevin isn’t CEO material today? Only difference I see in our positions is that I’m more confident than you that he can get to the required standard.

I am sure PC approved KS's appointment but I think it was an attempt to motivate the players to stay out of the middle eights and get to Wembley again. I would not be surprised to see GH replaced with a new man quite soon.
- Winston Churchill
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:51 pm
Posted by batleyrhino on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:51 pm
batleyrhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Juan Cornetto wrote:
I am sure PC approved KS's appointment but I think it was an attempt to motivate the players to stay out of the middle eights and get to Wembley again. I would not be surprised to see GH replaced with a new man quite soon.

I think it’s more likely that it’s a longer term plan for KS to work with GH until the end of next season before GH retires and KS takes over as CEO.
It's not how much talent you've got, it's what you do with it that counts.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:52 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:52 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I see Wigan has signed Shaun Edwards for 2020 and Adrian Lam as a stop gap until then

Good forward planning
- Winston Churchill
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:10 pm
Posted by Gotcha on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:10 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

batleyrhino wrote:

When you say PC are you talking Caddick? If so he won’t care less who is CEO, his interests are elsewhere now. Not involved much now. Wanted buying out last year and had buyer, but GH put spanner in works. Instead a private deal done with GH and Oates.

Sinfield always had the makings of higher than coaching. Far more qualified than GH ever was. He just needs to develop in the role.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:22 pm
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:22 pm
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Gotcha wrote:
When you say PC are you talking Caddick? If so he won’t care less who is CEO, his interests are elsewhere now. Not involved much now. Wanted buying out last year and had buyer, but GH put spanner in works. Instead a private deal done with GH and Oates.

Sinfield always had the makings of higher than coaching. Far more qualified than GH ever was. He just needs to develop in the role.

I take it you are talking about paper qualifications? Hetherington had real hands on experience of managing the Sheffield club while Sinfield might have had a paper round.
- Winston Churchill
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 pm
Posted by LJ54 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 pm
LJ54 Stevo's Armpit

Once again this topic as developed into a pissing contest
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 pm
Posted by Gotcha on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:21 pm
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Juan Cornetto wrote:
I take it you are talking about paper qualifications? Hetherington had real hands on experience of managing the Sheffield club while Sinfield might have had a paper round.

Certainly not before that. How do you think GH made his name?
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
PreviousNext