WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 5 | Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 5 | Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC

Re: RD 5 | Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC
Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:23 pm
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:23 pm
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,914

Quiz Score: 0

I thought the Griffin try should've been given, but I also think Talanoa's try was scored off the back of a drop out that shouldn't have been awarded.
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:25 pm
Posted by Les Norton on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:25 pm
Les Norton User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gotcha wrote:
Oh come on. There was only one player on the pitch who looked so far away from anybody else on it. Nothing close to a rugby player.

Thought Myler was absolutely fantastic though.

Walters.

Myler looks class. It’s a delight to see a a half back confident with ball, looking what’s in front of him, like Danny McGuire (in that aspect)
Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Posted by Les Norton on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Les Norton User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Frosties. wrote:
Happy to get the two points tonight, thought we were going to lose it at the end of the game. Thought Watkins and Myler were class tonight. Myler showing everything I thought he would when we signed him.

One player that surprised me tonight was Ash Handley who I thought looked very promising at centre.

Handley looked a different player tonight. He looked a bit of a handful.
Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:28 pm
Posted by Jake the Peg on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:28 pm
Jake the Peg User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,914

Quiz Score: 416

Charlie Sheen wrote:
I thought the Griffin try should've been given, but I also think Talanoa's try was scored off the back of a drop out that shouldn't have been awarded.

briscoe knocked on in goal
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 am
Posted by craig hkr on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 am
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Just a quick question guys, how many 1st teamers missing for Leeds tonight? Recorded game and just about to watch it but had a read of their forum and got impression they should have won with such a plethora of talent missing for them and little mention of any Leeds injuries?
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:36 am
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:36 am
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

craig hkr wrote:
Just a quick question guys, how many 1st teamers missing for Leeds tonight? Recorded game and just about to watch it but had a read of their forum and got impression they should have won with such a plethora of talent missing for them and little mention of any Leeds injuries?

Sutcliffe, Ward, Cuthbertson, Ferris, Peteru, Dwyer
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:00 am
Posted by RHINO-MARK on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:00 am
RHINO-MARK User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,914

Quiz Score: 48

Charlie Sheen wrote:
Who exactly was Walker going to come on for?

Why name him then when Olejdski could have done a couple of 10 minute stints in the pack?
I really am rhinoms and haven't stolen his Avatar!
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 am
Posted by Gotcha on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 am
Gotcha User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,914

Juan Cornetto wrote:
Our worst player was Ormondroyd IMO, just ahead of Mullally in what was a good defensive team performance. Knives are out for Walters but he put effort in and made quite a number of tackles.

What you would see on a tv and what you would see at a game are totally contrasting views. On the tv you will see a player popping up all over with effort, and looking like doing tackling. Actually at the game you would see a player in cloud cuckoo land, leaving gaps all over, his back to play, slow getting in line, and having absolutely no idea where he was supposed to be. Fans shouting all over ground with hands on head. An absolute terrible player, who shouldn’t be anywhere near professional standard in this game.

I hope you never have to see him live. Because frustrating is a massive understatement. We must have at least 10 players behind him who would do a 100% better job than him.
#frostiesbitches We know who you are.
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:54 am
Posted by The Magic Rat on Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:54 am
The Magic Rat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gotcha wrote:
What you would see on a tv and what you would see at a game are totally contrasting views. On the tv you will see a player popping up all over with effort, and looking like doing tackling. Actually at the game you would see a player in cloud cuckoo land, leaving gaps all over, his back to play, slow getting in line, and having absolutely no idea where he was supposed to be. Fans shouting all over ground with hands on head. An absolute terrible player, who shouldn’t be anywhere near professional standard in this game.

I hope you never have to see him live. Because frustrating is a massive understatement. We must have at least 10 players behind him who would do a 100% better job than him.
I disagree and I was at the game.. He put a great defensive shift in and actually filled a few gaps at times when we were stretched. Ball in hand he had little effect last night but in defence he contributed.
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.
Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:18 am
Posted by Juan Cornetto on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:18 am
Juan Cornetto User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,914

Gotcha wrote:

What I saw on TV was our second highest tackler with 38 who was our top marker tackler, showing he made a lot of first tackles many of them low down round the legs bring the attacker down. Yes on occasions he was slower getting back in the line but this often happens to players who make a lot of tackles on the trot. Not bad for a player off the bench I say.

So my comment was accurate and valid, and I say your comments are inaccurate and biased and suggest you watch the TV video which provides a closer view of the big effective effort he put in last night and I gather a similar one at Widnes. Why did you choose Walters to have a go at when Ormondroyd only made 9 tackles with 4 misses leading to at least one of their tries?

That said he is just a fringe squad player but so far this season he has done all that has been asked of him and my guess is the coach will be pleased.

You say there are are least 10 players behind him who would do a better job. On his form this season please could you name your "10 players at least who could do a better job" who would come off the bench and be 2nd best tackler with 38!

So this difference of opinion is nothing to do with watching Live or on TV unless of course the action is too far away for you to see. Perhaps you need a visit to Specsavers!
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
As you grow older, it will avoid you!
- Winston Churchill
PreviousNext