WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - London calling.
Re: London calling.
Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:58 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:58 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 102
Rep Position: 80th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Fuzzy Duck wrote:
Really? The 2 league matches against us they didn't play any better (and certainly not "a lot better") and the only televised matches featuring London, I thought Widnes bombed their match and couldn't handle Sammut when he came on as sub, and the match at Toronto they went 32-0 down before Toronto stepped off the gas letting London back in. So I'd be interested to know which London games you've "seen" them play "a lot better".

They played better in the league game against us down there and if you don't think they played a lot better against Widnes you are kidding yourself. Now I know you don't like people having different opinions to yourself but unfortunatley that is what that is. London can play a lot better than they did last night, we would probably struggle to maybe go higher than a notch or two on that performance.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 am
Posted by Fuzzy Duck on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 am
Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 28
Rep Position: 148th / 77,548

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
if you don't think they played a lot better against Widnes you are kidding yourself.

No they didn't. If I remember rightly, London were trailing 14-4 and Widnes bombed a couple of chances to make the game safe and then London got a couple of quick fire tries which made Widnes a crumbling wreck. London should never have won that game, Sammut coming on saved them and Widnes lost it rather than London winning it.

London played very well last night. Sammut and Battye in particular were excellent, and Spencer and Hindmarsh ran strongly. Pelissier was very lively and Dixon and Walker looked dangerous in broken play. They all bust a gut to beat us and spun the ball about, so I've no idea why you think London played badly, probably because you always like to have a moan.
It's not over til the fat lady sings
Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:44 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:44 am
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Fuzzy Duck wrote:
No they didn't. If I remember rightly, London were trailing 14-4 and Widnes bombed a couple of chances to make the game safe and then London got a couple of quick fire tries which made Widnes a crumbling wreck. London should never have won that game, Sammut coming on saved them and Widnes lost it rather than London winning it.

London played very well last night. Sammut and Battye in particular were excellent, and Spencer and Hindmarsh ran strongly. Pelissier was very lively and Dixon and Walker looked dangerous in broken play. They all bust a gut to beat us and spun the ball about, so I've no idea why you think London played badly, probably because you always like to have a moan.

Sorry, can you point out where I said London played badly last night? You seem to have little sense of context.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:45 pm
Posted by Fuzzy Duck on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:45 pm
Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
Sorry, can you point out where I said London played badly last night? You seem to have little sense of context.

Are you a politician by any chance? Playing on words? If someone suggests that someone has played "a lot better" then I would have thought they meant the "initial" performance was rated as fairly poor. So now I assume you've changed your stance to London playing well last night but you've "seen" them play really really really well. Or just really really well? Stunning. But very confusing. I suppose it's my "little sense of context" :(
Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:46 pm
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:46 pm
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Fuzzy Duck wrote:
Are you a politician by any chance? Playing on words? If someone suggests that someone has played "a lot better" then I would have thought they meant the "initial" performance was rated as fairly poor. So now I assume you've changed your stance to London playing well last night but you've "seen" them play really really really well. Or just really really well? Stunning. But very confusing. I suppose it's my "little sense of context" :(

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:38 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:38 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 151
Rep Position: 52nd / 77,548

Anyone know the attendance?
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:24 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:24 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 233
Rep Position: 24th / 77,548

Hudd-Shay wrote:

Pete the future looks decent for you, we are losing 46 - 0 at Dewsbury,we have only 12 men on the field and no subs today .
Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:28 pm
Posted by Fuzzy Duck on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:28 pm
Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Hudd-Shay wrote:

57. Is that ground good enough for Super League?

Shame what's happened to Leigh, Charlie. Thought it was a mistake when no subs were announced. Also notice that Fev and Barrow only named 3 subs. Disgraceful.
Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:33 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:33 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 151
Rep Position: 52nd / 77,548

charlie caroli wrote:
Pete the future looks decent for you, we are losing 46 - 0 at Dewsbury,we have only 12 men on the field and no subs today .

Blumming Heck. That shouldn't be allowed. Have you gone? I think you'll be reight next season.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Post Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:46 pm
Posted by Living The Dream on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:46 pm
Living The Dream Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 17
Rep Position: 159th / 77,548

charlie caroli wrote:

In the spirit of RL this is very sad to see this. Cannot be allowed to continue this boom and bust syndrome. Going to lose clubs forever if not.
PreviousNext