WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - London game.
Re: London game.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm
Posted by Norman Bates on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

charlie caroli wrote:
Sorry Norman,looking like squeaky bum time next week for Fax , I'm going for a Fax win against Toulouse on Sunday. :thumb:

Y
Oh bollox, :D
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:15 pm
Posted by Fuzzy Duck on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:15 pm
Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

So game on now for next Sunday. A must win for Fax, but not for Toulouse as 33 points is enough to qualify and I'm sure they'll easily neat Dewsbury in their last match in France.

I don't think Charlie has really thought this one out because Leigh need Toulouse to beat Fax (or draw) for Leigh to qualify. London beating Fev will almost certainly see London finish on 33, and Fev beating London will put Fev on 32 (same as Leigh) but Fev have a far greater points difference than Leigh. So do the math, Charlie should be cheering Toulouse.

Conspiracy theory ….. will Toulouse "relax" against Fax thinking that they have more chance to progress to SL with Fax being in the top 4 as opposed to Leigh? It will be interesting how Toulouse approach the Fax match, hopefully without the same intensity as us, even though I suppose they owe us one from effectively denying them last season.
It's not over til the fat lady sings
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:59 pm
Posted by faxcar on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:59 pm
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Last get out of jail card played today and we just got trumped in the end.

Fax need to beat Toulouse and Rochdale for 4th anything else and we’re out of it.
We have 2 home games to do it, it’s in our hands, if we’re good enough great, if not then fair enough.

Leigh will finish on 32 with a good PD so 33 or more is the target.

I will go for Fev at home against London because of home advantage and it will be a cracker and then down to the last game and PD.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:06 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:06 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,258

Fuzzy Duck wrote:
So game on now for next Sunday. A must win for Fax, but not for Toulouse as 33 points is enough to qualify and I'm sure they'll easily neat Dewsbury in their last match in France.

I don't think Charlie has really thought this one out because Leigh need Toulouse to beat Fax (or draw) for Leigh to qualify. London beating Fev will almost certainly see London finish on 33, and Fev beating London will put Fev on 32 (same as Leigh) but Fev have a far greater points difference than Leigh. So do the math, Charlie should be cheering Toulouse.

Conspiracy theory ….. will Toulouse "relax" against Fax thinking that they have more chance to progress to SL with Fax being in the top 4 as opposed to Leigh? It will be interesting how Toulouse approach the Fax match, hopefully without the same intensity as us, even though I suppose they owe us one from effectively denying them last season.

FD I have done the maths, but Clowns were never good at Maths :thumb: it's just that my tipping is so bad if I tip Fax ,Toulouse will win, seriously though , I don't think Leigh will make the top 4,I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now, after our very poor start to the season we don't deserve to be there, we kept Jukesy on to long.

But I don't think Derek will walk either, we have a great bunch of fans Derek knows this, he loves Leigh and for me he will stay.The end to the season is a great climax, so many ifs and buts ,and maybes ,in an ideal world I would to see Fax Fev and Leigh in the top 4 but we are not in an ideal world.
Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:45 pm
Posted by Fuzzy Duck on Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:45 pm
Fuzzy Duck User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Don't put yourselves down, Charlie, it's been a bizarre split this season where the top 6 have been basically thrashing the bottom 6 and IMO Leigh have only been 2nd to Toronto and got Barrow at the wrong time. Also Leigh were robbed of a point at the Summer Bash when your last minute goal kick was "disallowed" but it went over. So you should really be on 33 at the end. Been such a fine line this season, nobody deserves to be in or out.
It's not over til the fat lady sings
Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:22 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:22 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,258

Certainly a missed opportunity yesterday as we looked like we had them in the second half and probably should have gone on to win the game once we got back within 2 points. Just need to do the business next week and we should be ok. I cant see Fev beating London having seen them both recently, I think Fev need a downpour or something to win that game as they wont live with London on a hot day. Toulouse do not need to win but they will want to wrap up 2nd which they can just about do against us. So many twists and turns in this league and will be even better next year with bradford and York coming up and probably Widnes or Salford coming down who wont be anywhere near as strong as Toronto in this league.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:10 am
Posted by Dbvada on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:10 am
Dbvada Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

GFB is right about the quality of this league next year which means a top four finish for Fax is vital if we want to be able to afford to compete next year. Without the cash being generated this season from prize money I don’t see us being able to bridge the gap as money this year is tight there will be nothing left to carry forward.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:21 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:21 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Dbvada wrote:
GFB is right about the quality of this league next year which means a top four finish for Fax is vital if we want to be able to afford to compete next year. Without the cash being generated this season from prize money I don’t see us being able to bridge the gap as money this year is tight there will be nothing left to carry forward.

It does look like the current squad will pretty much stay together whatever the outcome which is massive but that extra money could really be used to bring in 1 or 2 quality players which can make so much difference as we have seen at the end of this season. We are not far off been the 2nd best team in this league and a couple of star signings could really push us on.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:11 pm
Posted by Beaujangles on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:11 pm
Beaujangles Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Was Fleming injured ?
Post Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:44 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:44 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,258

Fuzzy Duck wrote:
Don't put yourselves down, Charlie, it's been a bizarre split this season where the top 6 have been basically thrashing the bottom 6 and IMO Leigh have only been 2nd to Toronto and got Barrow at the wrong time. Also Leigh were robbed of a point at the Summer Bash when your last minute goal kick was "disallowed" but it went over. So you should really be on 33 at the end. Been such a fine line this season, nobody deserves to be in or out.

FD I'm not putting Leigh down, we have taken big strides to even get into contention for the top 4,KP has worked wonders,for me we will finish on 32 points ,2 wins against Swinton and Sheff,this week end will reveal all, the Fax V Toulouse, and Fev v London games should be corkers,as you rightly say a great advert for this League and games nobody deserves to lose.
PreviousNext