Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 am
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 am
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

My point wasn't about the fairness or not of the officials decisions, it was more about Fax's discipline, which is poor season on season with no improvement in sight.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Penalty count
Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:58 am
Posted by Beaujangles on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:58 am
Beaujangles Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,959

Hudd-Shay wrote:
My point wasn't about the fairness or not of the officials decisions, it was more about Fax's discipline, which is poor season on season with no improvement in sight.
Think our discipline was ok on the whole Sunday.We did have one challenge put on report though.
Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:08 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

hooligan27 wrote:
Not just me who thought muzza was unfit then

The problem is people confusing speed with fitness. Muzza is as fit as most players on the team you really do not have to worry about that.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:23 am
Posted by Beaujangles on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:23 am

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
The problem is people confusing speed with fitness. Muzza is as fit as most players on the team you really do not have to worry about that.
Can't agree, Muzzas fitness has been subsiding for 2/3 years.The general fitness showed in second half(example can anyone claim Barber isn't overweight ?).Only mitigating factor was the initial 20 minute onslaught took out a lot of petrol.
Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Beaujangles wrote:
Can't agree, Muzzas fitness has been subsiding for 2/3 years.The general fitness showed in second half(example can anyone claim Barber isn't overweight ?).Only mitigating factor was the initial 20 minute onslaught took out a lot of petrol.

I honestly think its a joke that people even question his fitness. Last season he was one of the highest rated players at the club during pre-season fitness wise and I wouldnt expect this year to be any different. His legs might be gone(not that he ever was the fastest) but nothing wrong with his fitness.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:50 am
Posted by faxcar on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:50 am
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,959

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
I honestly think its a joke that people even question his fitness. Last season he was one of the highest rated players at the club during pre-season fitness wise and I wouldnt expect this year to be any different. His legs might be gone(not that he ever was the fastest) but nothing wrong with his fitness.

It would be great to have an half with some pace and score the spectacular try or two but then if there was an half available like that he most likely wouldn't be coming to Fax as we couldn't afford him and he would rather be in SL even if we could.

So no half back to rip it up leaves us with a half who can lead from the front, organise and move the team round the park which is really his main job anyway.

Does Mozza fit the bill??????
Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:49 pm
Posted by Beaujangles on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:49 pm

faxcar wrote:
It would be great to have an half with some pace and score the spectacular try or two but then if there was an half available like that he most likely wouldn't be coming to Fax as we couldn't afford him and he would rather be in SL even if we could.

So no half back to rip it up leaves us with a half who can lead from the front, organise and move the team round the park which is really his main job anyway.

Does Mozza fit the bill??????
Season too far IMO,especially with BJ as partner.
Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:31 pm
Posted by griff1998 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:31 pm
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 348

The penalty count is always against both teams.

It's one of the great mysteries of Rugby League.
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
Post Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:38 pm
Posted by faxcar on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:38 pm
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,959

Beaujangles wrote:
Season too far IMO,especially with BJ as partner.

I believe one of the reason RM let the other half backs at the club have a run out without Mozza in the warm up games was to see if they could successfully lead the team round the field without him so in that sense he gave them first chance and was still left unconvinced, which put him basically back to as we were or use dual reg.

I also believe RM did not take Mitch Clark specifically to keep a DR spot open for an half back.

We haven't got unlimited options and certainly can't buy our way to solving the varies problems, RM has given a lot of thought on how to do so with the cards he holds but there are going to be some gaps.

BJ took a heavy knock to the head on Sunday so we may see the next 6 and 7 pairing if he doesn't recover or pass the concussion test.

What worries me is getting the right combo to click even if we can find it can't take too long or we will be left behind.
Last edited by faxcar on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext