WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - London
London
Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:13 am
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

A winnable game this one I believe, although the qualifiers could come down to a £50,000 game with Featherstone at The Shay. It's good to hear Scott is fit to play as we could do with his kicking game on form to keep London pegged back. Three games to go and still in things makes for not a bad season. Come on lads, Up The Fax! :thumb:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: London
Post Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:00 am
Encouraged User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Location: The sweet little hollow of Shayland where new dawns are slowly unfolding.
Being cynical (as I usual am), the ref will be prepped to let everything go against the unfashionable / non-expansion club.
We shall one day be back where we belong and along shall come the Bulls defectors.
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:33 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

For me I thought it was our worst performance in the 8's so far. London were very clinical and got through our defence pretty easily as once again the same problems we have had all season showed up. We simply do not score enough points, we do create chances but we fail to take them time and time again. The big difference yesterday was how quick London moved the ball across the park with quick clean passing compared to our slow and poor distribution from acting half, its not an unusual to see the half backs having to jump or turn around to catch a ball and then for the next person to do the same. At times it looked like we were playing in slow motion but in the players defence London have spent a lot of money and money does buy that sort of quality.

The only thing that worries me for next season is that london are our next target or next step up and we are a very long way from been at their level in my opinion. When you add in the relegated SL team, Toulouse, London, and Toronto we are up against 4 full time teams with little hope of us going full time in the near future so where as this season been the best part time team got us in the top 4 from next season doing the same again could see us finishing 5th and seeing a big drop in money once again. Marshall really needs to look to improve in the areas that everyone can see are a problem but is there any players out there available and do we have the money to go after them?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:15 pm
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Spot on assessment GFB
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:54 pm
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
For me I thought it was our worst performance in the 8's so far. London were very clinical and got through our defence pretty easily as once again the same problems we have had all season showed up. We simply do not score enough points, we do create chances but we fail to take them time and time again. The big difference yesterday was how quick London moved the ball across the park with quick clean passing compared to our slow and poor distribution from acting half, its not an unusual to see the half backs having to jump or turn around to catch a ball and then for the next person to do the same. At times it looked like we were playing in slow motion but in the players defence London have spent a lot of money and money does buy that sort of quality.

The only thing that worries me for next season is that london are our next target or next step up and we are a very long way from been at their level in my opinion. When you add in the relegated SL team, Toulouse, London, and Toronto we are up against 4 full time teams with little hope of us going full time in the near future so where as this season been the best part time team got us in the top 4 from next season doing the same again could see us finishing 5th and seeing a big drop in money once again. Marshall really needs to look to improve in the areas that everyone can see are a problem but is there any players out there available and do we have the money to go after them?

Totally agree I am worried that Rich seems to be putting his faith in Muzza, Grixy and Jonno we need another half back with fast hands and now a replacement for Mitch.
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:00 pm
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

One thing I can never get my head around with Fax, we score after 2 minutes from a kick across the field to Tyrer a moved that has served us well over time. But then we did not do that again all game giving the Broncos centre and winger an easy ride after we had them in all sorts of trouble.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 pm
interceptor Stevo's Armpit

I think the team have performed remarkably well this season. The team recruitment issues though go back to the end of the successful 2015 season where we should have raised the bar. We are at the stage now however where unless the standard in the back line goes up life will be difficult again next year. Wakefield have shown how to build an excellent team on a fraction that others spend and we need to follow their example. We do need to look for some flair ie an Ormsby or a Penny on the wings . A new Ben Black type in the halves and then with the mix of our existing younger players it could liven it up and worry the opposition in attack and defence.