WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Catalan game
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:59 am
catalanglais Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:57 am
Posts: 385
Hello Halifax fans.I thought the ref favoured you actually,that Johnson should have been sent off and that you were offside just as often as us. With regard to the rugby the first half was even but you,rather like us ,lacked the skill and pace to take your chances-certainly we would have been well behind a top 8 team by half time. Thereafter we ground you down and dominated possession ,and you looked very tired at the end.Although our first try was jammy we scored 3 good ones whereas you never really looked as if you would score We may well see you again next year . I enjoyed the pub and my first visit to Halifax for 18 years.
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:10 am
mr t hall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 2492
Only highlight of second half,Johno throwing punches at someone twice his size.Think that's why he got the hitman award.
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:13 am
mr t hall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 2492
catalanglais wrote:
Hello Halifax fans.I thought the ref favoured you actually,that Johnson should have been sent off and that you were offside just as often as us. With regard to the rugby the first half was even but you,rather like us ,lacked the skill and pace to take your chances-certainly we would have been well behind a top 8 team by half time. Thereafter we ground you down and dominated possession ,and you looked very tired at the end.Although our first try was jammy we scored 3 good ones whereas you never really looked as if you would score We may well see you again next year . I enjoyed the pub and my first visit to Halifax for 18 years.

Le trios de pigeons ?
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:42 am
DNAFax Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 am
Posts: 6
Think yesterday confirmed concerns for me personally.

as much as i think Jonno is brilliant individually, you can see that our left side is completely disjointed. A half back that can move that side better would give us a whole new weapon & we wouldnt have to grubber it behind the defence every single time. and barber is not a centre imo. he has great hands but is simply too big & too slow for me.

marshalls comments regarding 'a couple of signings' worries me a little (we didnt change the team much a couple of years ago and we were left wanting the following year). we do have a good core for a solid team but again imo, we need a winger, centre, hooker and half back to actually progress.
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:06 am
mr t hall Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:47 pm
Posts: 2492
Need more than two.Squad needs strengthening but not extending 5 in/out IMO.
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:15 am
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 2541
Regarding signings there are a few things to consider.
Depends on who is staying.
Depends on the quality of who is coming.
Depends on how many can step up from the reserves.
Dare I say it, backed up by oh DR.
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:27 am
Bull Mania User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 8:47 am
Posts: 4782
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
pretty bad spear tackle that probably warranted red rather than just 10 minutes in the bin.

.



Just seen a still of the spear tackle. Totally unacceptable for Kendall not to award a red card for that IMO. I can't comment on his overall performance as i have not seen other incidents or the full game. But i can see understand your frustrations with the spear. I'm frustrated seeing it as a few weeks ago against Swinton Johnny Campbell was red carded for going above the horizontal slightly. As a fan, you normally know when your player does a red card offence. We always say "well a yellow would have been sufficient" but we normally know when it's a red and just hope the ref pulls out a yellow. At no point did i think Campbell's was worthy of a red, it was slightly above the horizontal and the player landed on his shoulder. When i've seen just penalties and yellows awarded for players in vertical positions and landing on their head and i've seen that, it just makes my blood boil over Campbell's red all over again. The refs don't help themselves sometimes.

The refs are copping abuse form all sides at the moment (some warranted, some just the usual fan bias) but when they fail to protect players from thuggery (as it sounds like may be the case here) then they need to be held to account for it.
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:43 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 2473
Location: Shuddersfield
mr t hall wrote:
Only highlight of second half,Johno throwing punches at someone twice his size.Think that's why he got the hitman award.

:LOL:
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:04 pm
interceptor Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 92
other than getting rid of personal frustrations there is little point bagging the RFL or the ref . What the game did show up are our weaker areas where we need to strengthen. Not being disrespectful to our players but when the opposition look at our team sheet I don't think they will remotely fear our attack all across the back line. It's solid but we need a cutting edge.That's where the bar needs to go up with some key additions. I think we need to hold on the the word "ambition " in who we sign and that does not necessarily mean expensive but selective.
Re: Catalan game
Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:39 pm
Higgin34 Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:04 pm
Posts: 33
interceptor wrote:
other than getting rid of personal frustrations there is little point bagging the RFL or the ref . What the game did show up are our weaker areas where we need to strengthen. Not being disrespectful to our players but when the opposition look at our team sheet I don't think they will remotely fear our attack all across the back line. It's solid but we need a cutting edge.That's where the bar needs to go up with some key additions. I think we need to hold on the the word "ambition " in who we sign and that does not necessarily mean expensive but selective.


I'd start with 2 wingers, a centre who can draw a man and a half back. Much as I admire the efforts of those currently in the Blue and White we are no further forward than last year, a solid championship team with no real prospect of playing at any other level than our current one. I accept that our finances probably dictate to a very large extent and will continue to support, but in the full knowledge that we're going nowhere
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HRLFC MARK, HXSparky, The Phantom Horseman and 89 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,636,2801,77376,2434,491SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 FT 
TODAY : 10:40
NRL
SYDNEY
16
- 29NQL COWBOYS
  
TODAY : 14:30
8s
TOULOUSE
24
- 0DEWSBURY  
Latest
TODAY : 15:00
8s
WARRINGTON
4
- 16HULL KR  
Latest
 > TODAY : 15:15
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN
 < 
  TODAY : 17:15
8s
CATALANS
v
WIDNES  
  TOMORROW : 15:00
8s
HALIFAX
v
FEATHERSTONE  
  TOMORROW : 15:00
8s
BATLEY
v
SHEFFIELD  
  TOMORROW : 15:00
CH1
BARROW
v
NEWCASTLE  
  TOMORROW : 15:00
CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
YORK  
  TOMORROW : 15:00
CH1
HUNSLET
v
LONDONS  
  Sun 1st Oct : 10:15
NRL
MELBOURNE
v
NQL COWBOYS  
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM