WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Catalans
Re: Catalans
Post Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 pm
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Hudd-Shay wrote:
Now now! I would say RM has come to his senses but I see he's saying we're going DR again next year! :FRUSRATED:

Not come to his senses then DR :x
Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:38 pm
Alan Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Hudd-Shay wrote:
Now now! I would say RM has come to his senses but I see he's saying we're going DR again next year! :FRUSRATED:

What he obviously means by this, is that you will be sending players out on DR (hopefully not to us!!) when you finish in the top 4 of the 'Middle 8's'! :wink:
Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:16 pm
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I think we played 14 games using D/R players W9 L5 would the Results have been different if not used? We will never know.
As the Reserves don't play regularly I would have liked Nelmes,Cullimore,Mcgrath,Reilly&Butler to have had more game time don't think they looked out of place at all
Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:11 pm
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Well, we all know that getting to the MPG is a massive ask, and having got there, it's questionable that we'd really want to win it (given we don't have the right back office structure yet, and getting quality sponsorship in place for next season would be rather difficult), but.........

.......why is our coach talking like we're already nailed on for the Championship next year? Almost certain, yes, but just the odd comment including the word "if" (things prove to be different) might demonstrate we at least have a tad of ambition for the future?
Post Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:26 am
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

HXSparky wrote:
Well, we all know that getting to the MPG is a massive ask, and having got there, it's questionable that we'd really want to win it (given we don't have the right back office structure yet, and getting quality sponsorship in place for next season would be rather difficult), but.........

.......why is our coach talking like we're already nailed on for the Championship next year? Almost certain, yes, but just the odd comment including the word "if" (things prove to be different) might demonstrate we at least have a tad of ambition for the future?

Spot on. I couldn't agree more.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Post Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:16 am
Fax4Life User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I think we have to be realistic today and not expect to win as they are a SL team after all and on paper not a bad one BUT they are out of form and we have nothing to lose as all the pressure is on them they will be desperate for a win.
If we play to our top form, as others have said keep our discipline and ball control then who knows this may be our first SL scalp since we came down from SL.
Its colder today and may rain which may suit us better!
As long as the lads give it their all its fine by me.
Previous