WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2021 - return of licencing?

Board index Super 8s - Qualifiers Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk 2021 - return of licencing?

Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:00 pm
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 2542
[part quote="Bullseye"]
As Norman says there's no perfect solution. You have to have some movement up and down.

Norms right because among other things there is a conflict of interest.

Part of the solution for Championship clubs would include some movement up and down.

Part of the solution for SL clubs would include no movement up or down.
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:40 pm
Norman Bates User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 am
Posts: 3153
Location: Fax Vegas
faxcar wrote:
[part quote="Bullseye"]
As Norman says there's no perfect solution. You have to have some movement up and down.

Norms right because among other things there is a conflict of interest.

Part of the solution for Championship clubs would include some movement up and down.

Part of the solution for SL clubs would include no movement up or down.


Yep, turkeys voting for Christmas.
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:20 am
Faxlore User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am
Posts: 429
I think the if the RFL gave more money to Championship clubs from central funding the lower league clubs would be able to afford better players, training and maybe more clubs going full time. Raising the standard of the league and closing the gap between the upper and lower competitions. The more full time clubs we have in the Championship the better standard of rugby, more interest from new and old fans, larger crowds and more revenue generated by the clubs themselves. But the RFL don't really give a sh*te about the lower leagues which is a shame.
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:21 am
bentleyman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:57 pm
Posts: 1778
Location: On the Star Ship Andromeda Hope Lives Again !!
The RFL are indifferent to Championship Clubs as we know its Super Greed & Sky that determine how things are run.
Especially certain Club Chairmen who don't want their cosy little cartels and status quo disturbed
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:51 am
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:23 pm
Posts: 1295
There are only so many "better players" around, although more funding for Championship teams could potentially mean more reserve squads being formed, which should increase the overall size of the player pool. Having more full time teams in the Championship would certainly increase skill levels, but if every team was full time, then some pretty decent players (the ones who want to keep their other job) would need to go and play in Championship 1, thus decreasing the number of available players again.

It's not a straightforward equation.
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:59 am
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 2542
This weeks press states any changes will be decided in 2018 and come into force in 2019.

If a new form of licensing is introduced it will be interesting to see what the criteria will be and how the RFL maneuver things.

If it is tick boxes A,B,C and D and using things as they stand now and all the existing 12 SL clubs do, and in addition HKR, Toulouse, Toronto, London do, then what, 16 teams in SL and if not why not if they tick the box.

I suspect it will be rigged and the RFL will make the boxes fit their chosen clubs as opposed to making the clubs tick the boxes in an open fair fashion and then the door will be shut again.
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:16 am
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm
Posts: 4788
faxcar wrote:
This weeks press states any changes will be decided in 2018 and come into force in 2019.

If a new form of licensing is introduced it will be interesting to see what the criteria will be and how the RFL maneuver things.

If it is tick boxes A,B,C and D and using things as they stand now and all the existing 12 SL clubs do, and in addition HKR, Toulouse, Toronto, London do, then what, 16 teams in SL and if not why not if they tick the box.

I suspect it will be rigged and the RFL will make the boxes fit their chosen clubs as opposed to making the clubs tick the boxes in an open fair fashion and then the door will be shut again.


Where are the extra 100 or so $uperleague standard players going to come from ? :?
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:24 am
faxcar Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 pm
Posts: 2542
griff1998 wrote:
Where are the extra 100 or so $uperleague standard players going to come from ? :?

Exactly, but we can't let logic get in the way of progress the RFL way.

If it means expansion back into the capital, another team in France and one in Canada filled with more second rate Antipodeans, current fringe players and a few junior lads to make up the numbers, objective achieved, problem solved and everyone gets to keep their cushy little status all in the name of progress.
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:04 pm
griff1998 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 pm
Posts: 4788
faxcar wrote:
Exactly, but we can't let logic get in the way of progress the RFL way.

If it means expansion back into the capital, another team in France and one in Canada filled with more second rate Antipodeans, current fringe players and a few junior lads to make up the numbers, objective achieved, problem solved and everyone gets to keep their cushy little status all in the name of progress.


<sigh> :DOH:
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!
Re: 2021 - return of licencing?
Post Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:09 pm
Living The Dream Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 1:03 pm
Posts: 673
My thoughts on the governance of the game by the RFL and certain SL Chairmen are well documented previously. This just looks like another attempt to take us back to the days of franchise and mergers. Indeed reading an article today looks like New York are now being considered for the league structure.Where will it all end?
Just marginalising the smaller clubs and devaluing the inclusive for all values of the game that have held this great game together for over a century in my opinion.
Top league could be Catalan, Tolouse, London, Toronto, New York, Wigan, Saints, Leeds, Bradford and the rest will have to survive on the crumbs etc. Closed shop/mergers?
Break away leagues looming if all this comes off?
Only time will tell.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bubba, Darwinsdad, Encouraged, Fanfaxtic, GaryC, griff1998, Higgin34, hooligan27, Howardposner, Hudd-Shay and 158 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,637,0232,66976,2434,491SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 FT 
TODAY : 15:00
8s
HALIFAX
20
- 26FEATHERSTONE  
 FT 
TODAY : 15:00
8s
BATLEY
26
- 28SHEFFIELD  
 FT 
TODAY : 15:00
CH1
BARROW
60
- 0NEWCASTLE  
 FT 
TODAY : 15:00
CH1
WHITEHAVEN
21
- 20YORK  
 FT 
TODAY : 15:00
CH1
HUNSLET
32
- 12LONDONS  
  Thu 28th Sep : 20:00
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
ST. HELENS  
  Fri 29th Sep : 20:00
SL
LEEDS
v
HULL FC  
  Sat 30th Sep : 15:00
8s
LEIGH
v
CATALANS  
  Sun 1st Oct : 10:15
NRL
MELBOURNE
v
NQL COWBOYS  
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM