FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - No 4th Place for Halifax......
j.c 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 05 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Sep 19 08:438th Nov 18 09:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
22/03/2013
Get LEIGH outta wigan

Re: No 4th Place for Halifax...... : Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:37 pm  
justthebasicfax wrote:
Hope the lads enjoy tonight, they've earned a few shandys.

I think even if Rovers had turned up today, we might have sneaked it or managed a draw, you could see we gave everything in defence, some of the last ditch tackling efforts were every bit as good as a silky try. No pressure now, enjoy ourselves.

That was quite possibly the most important win since we beat York to stay in the Championship. People should not underestimate how big the scissors would have been to cut our cloth had we not got in the 4, it would most definitely have been the last time we saw some of those lads in blue and white, and there wouldn't have been queues of clubs waiting in line for them, so they all deserve a huge pat on the back, after a huge sigh of relief.

I'd also like to say I think we should all give Will Sharp a mention, he moved to full back after the Johnno and Connor experiment finished, and for me he has been our most solid fullback since Shad Royston, Player of the season, most consistent performer, body on the line, Will Sharp Sir I salute you.

I saw quite a few faces down the Shay I haven't for years too (among the 2800?) My next hope for the Club is to open up Fax TV to the general public, for months now I have been logging on to opposition websites for highlights, post match interviews, professional build ups, streaming commentaries, were light years off being able to close shop and go down PPV options for highlights, we need to market to the audience that we want to tempt and attract, not to the season ticket holder or the odd exiled fan. A little extra cost will pay off for me, I implore them to rethink this and look longer term and think bigger. I'll even come down and do it myself or show them some stats on how marketing has changed since the Tinterweb arrived. Full match to full members, highlights to everyone, come on Fax, log on to YouTube or the internet and see how poor our profile is compared to other clubs, and even some amateurs.

Rant over, fantastic day, great performance, great crowd, happy days. Let's kick on, no more mini buses!!!

P.s if you get a moment tonight, and need a smile, imagine The Fat Controller looking at the table and seeing Toulouse not in the 8's and his beloved Bulls on no points, while stuffing another Eclair in his mouth like Mr Creosote and muttering 'F^&*ing Fax'.

Top post & a massive well done to the club, It'll be good to lock horns with you again
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6335
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years164th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 10:4219th Apr 24 08:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Halifax, the sleeping giants of Rugby League
Signature
AM I RIGHT? I'M NOT WRONG!

Re: No 4th Place for Halifax...... : Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:48 pm  
Bit of a "West Germany - v - Austria 1982" feel about the 2nd half today, and I reckon some DR players might have pulled a greater winning margin of 70+ but hey guys a greats big :DANCE: Good stuff, eh?

PS - Only joking about the DR jibe before the hissy fitters do one
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner485No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 04 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Oct 17 17:5714th Sep 17 09:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No 4th Place for Halifax...... : Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:22 pm  
Irrespective of what happens in the middle eights We would not be the best part time rugby league team in the country unless the club was being run on the field and off the field with the same high degree of focus and commitment. It's not easy and it's often thankless but their huge efforts are what have sustained us this year.

My congratulations to Michael, Mark, Richard and everyone else involved.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1998
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 30 200717 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 00:3610th Apr 24 23:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No 4th Place for Halifax...... : Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:35 pm  
Howardposner wrote:
Irrespective of what happens in the middle eights We would not be the best part time rugby league team in the country unless the club was being run on the field and off the field with the same high degree of focus and commitment. It's not easy and it's often thankless but their huge efforts are what have sustained us this year.

Couldn't have put it better myself Howard!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 21 18:172nd Apr 20 17:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No 4th Place for Halifax...... : Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:36 pm  
justthebasicfax wrote:
As they say, the league doesn't lie, but by god it doesn't tell you half the story ;-) I can see me needing to go straight to the Caridology unit if our seasons carry on like the last 2.

Somewhere up there HalifaxJohn and Johnny Freeman will be smiling, and spare a moment tonight for Dane Manning, poorly advised, but still a great servant to the club while he was with us, I'd have him back.

Fully agree with your mention of Halifaxjohn :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: today would have made him so happy.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5865No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Mar 19 22:2225th Nov 18 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No 4th Place for Halifax...... : Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:01 pm  
justthebasicfax wrote:
Hope the lads enjoy tonight, they've earned a few shandys.

I think even if Rovers had turned up today, we might have sneaked it or managed a draw, you could see we gave everything in defence, some of the last ditch tackling efforts were every bit as good as a silky try. No pressure now, enjoy ourselves.

That was quite possibly the most important win since we beat York to stay in the Championship. People should not underestimate how big the scissors would have been to cut our cloth had we not got in the 4, it would most definitely have been the last time we saw some of those lads in blue and white, and there wouldn't have been queues of clubs waiting in line for them, so they all deserve a huge pat on the back, after a huge sigh of relief.

I'd also like to say I think we should all give Will Sharp a mention, he moved to full back after the Johnno and Connor experiment finished, and for me he has been our most solid fullback since Shad Royston, Player of the season, most consistent performer, body on the line, Will Sharp Sir I salute you.

I saw quite a few faces down the Shay I haven't for years too (among the 2800?) My next hope for the Club is to open up Fax TV to the general public, for months now I have been logging on to opposition websites for highlights, post match interviews, professional build ups, streaming commentaries, were light years off being able to close shop and go down PPV options for highlights, we need to market to the audience that we want to tempt and attract, not to the season ticket holder or the odd exiled fan. A little extra cost will pay off for me, I implore them to rethink this and look longer term and think bigger. I'll even come down and do it myself or show them some stats on how marketing has changed since the Tinterweb arrived. Full match to full members, highlights to everyone, come on Fax, log on to YouTube or the internet and see how poor our profile is compared to other clubs, and even some amateurs.

Rant over, fantastic day, great performance, great crowd, happy days. Let's kick on, no more mini buses!!!

P.s if you get a moment tonight, and need a smile, imagine The Fat Controller looking at the table and seeing Toulouse not in the 8's and his beloved Bulls on no points, while stuffing another Eclair in his mouth like Mr Creosote and muttering 'F^&*ing Fax'.

Top post and agree but I must admit I did not fancy our chances at the start of the season with the turmoil in the Boardroom and missing out on top 4 the year before, poor crowds and losing Dane Manning but how the lads and the whole club have turned things around especially after the Swinton away game!
Huge well done lads and this is as you say a massive result for the club and I also agree probably the biggest since that York play off game.
Anything in the super 8s qualifiers now is a bonus.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2410
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 11 200618 years314th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jan 24 22:388th Dec 23 21:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Oh hali hali hali hali halifax

Re: No 4th Place for Halifax...... : Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:39 pm  
I'm in Cyprus and only just got wifi to comment.

I was surprised and super proud.

COME ON FAX!!!
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years80th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:0925th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: No 4th Place for Halifax...... : Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:02 pm  
Howardposner wrote:

Well said Howard, most of the time we haven't got a clue on what goes on behind the scenes but you will know exactly what is involved and yes a big thank you to all those involved. :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
Previous