FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Tyrer Kicks On..
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach874No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 04 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Feb 24 13:3612th Apr 19 14:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Tyrer Kicks On.. : Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:59 pm  

Last night's Forum Fax was full of exciting news; season ticket initiatives, sponsorship going forward and the announcement of current star Steve Tyrer’s contract renewal for the 2016 season..

‘Tyrer’ has been the subject of the moment since last Sunday, where his stunning interception brought Fax’s points above Bradford Bulls and helped claim our first victory against the local rivals in 19 years. Including the conversions, the 26 year old centre scored 8 of the 20 points that led to an unforgettable blue & white victory.

Tyrer’s had an amazing season, with 71 goals scored by his boot in 2015 alone, not to mention being our third best Try Scorer this year with a whopping total of 12. Joining the pack in 2011, the Ex-Widnes Vikings centre scored us almost 300 points in his first season, rapidly becoming a fan favourite.

On signing, Steve commented, “I’m delighted to be renewing my contract really, especially with the Club growing and the team on the up. I’ve been here 4 years now, it feels like home and I’m happy. Rich’s a really good coach too, the details he puts in to individuals is making me a better player; as well as everyone else!”

Steve's player sponsors for 2015 are Vision Express Halifax, click here to go to their website: http://www.visionexpress.com/opticians/ ... e/halifax/

Last night's Forum Fax was full of exciting news; season ticket initiatives, sponsorship going forward and the announcement of current star Steve Tyrer’s contract renewal for the 2016 season..

‘Tyrer’ has been the subject of the moment since last Sunday, where his stunning interception brought Fax’s points above Bradford Bulls and helped claim our first victory against the local rivals in 19 years. Including the conversions, the 26 year old centre scored 8 of the 20 points that led to an unforgettable blue & white victory.

Tyrer’s had an amazing season, with 71 goals scored by his boot in 2015 alone, not to mention being our third best Try Scorer this year with a whopping total of 12. Joining the pack in 2011, the Ex-Widnes Vikings centre scored us almost 300 points in his first season, rapidly becoming a fan favourite.

On signing, Steve commented, “I’m delighted to be renewing my contract really, especially with the Club growing and the team on the up. I’ve been here 4 years now, it feels like home and I’m happy. Rich’s a really good coach too, the details he puts in to individuals is making me a better player; as well as everyone else!”

Steve's player sponsors for 2015 are Vision Express Halifax, click here to go to their website: http://www.visionexpress.com/opticians/ ... e/halifax/
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 13 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Jul 18 17:0016th Feb 16 17:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tyrer Kicks On.. : Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:23 pm  
Halifax RLFC wrote:

Nozzy off the Leigh Forum should read this.
Halifax RLFC wrote:

Nozzy off the Leigh Forum should read this.
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 17 06:4010th Feb 17 18:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.

Re: Tyrer Kicks On.. : Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:15 pm  
Let's not highjack this into another argument as the other Tyrer thread has become.
Great news.
Someone I spoke to today suggested that whilst they were very happy he has signed he was a "cr-p kicker.
Whilst I don't agree and the above statistics suggest that person is wrong I do sometimes hear similar rumblings in the east stand.
Opinions please.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1998
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 30 200717 years305th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 00:3610th Apr 24 23:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Tyrer Kicks On.. : Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:30 pm  
Ok, my opinion!

Steve is a good kicker, has developed a repeatable routine and clearly practices his technique regularly.

He sometimes struggles for length, which means that kicks from the touchline need more effort (and hence maybe introduce a lack of accuracy). His main problem is when he's having an off-day, he struggles to adjust and get back on track (which might be where the negativity you've heard may have come from).

Btw, I sit in the East Stand, and you've defo never heard me "rumble" about anything about Ste. As has been said before, no kicker ever misses deliberately.

Against Bradford, we both scored 3 tries and the differences was goal kicking (Ste scored 12 points from 20, not 8 as reported above!). That's how important goal kicks can be.

Btw #2, well before my time, but remember that the result of scoring a try used to be a "try" at kicking a goal. Tries on their own then meant nothing, games were decided purely on goals kicked.