FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Leeds Rhinos 24 - 30 Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Full Time.
 Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 58 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Full Time.
 Current LIVE TV Match : Wigan Warriors 36 - 14 Castleford Tigers LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Full Time.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - FAX TV: Marshall on Batley
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach874No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 04 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Feb 24 13:3612th Apr 19 14:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:40 pm  
This Video is Hosted on Youtube : Users should see the AUP for allowable uses

Subscribe now and never miss another Halifax RLFC video!

https://www.youtube.com/user/halifaxrugbyleague
http://www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/Halifax_RLFC
https://www.facebook.com/halifax.rlfc
This Video is Hosted on Youtube : Users should see the AUP for allowable uses

Subscribe now and never miss another Halifax RLFC video!

https://www.youtube.com/user/halifaxrugbyleague
http://www.halifaxrlfc.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/Halifax_RLFC
https://www.facebook.com/halifax.rlfc
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 09:0925th Jan 24 22:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:11 pm  
There were the usual basic interview questions and answers but in and among some good quality responses that went a bit deeper and it shows.

Early days but very happy so far, well done.
RankPostsTeam
International Star233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 30 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 16 20:3624th Apr 16 19:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:12 pm  
Certainly beats a post match interview with Manny Pellegrini or Joseph Mourinho. This guy is a breath of fresh air.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 21 18:172nd Apr 20 17:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:03 am  
Give Rich a couple of months and a few losses then see what he has to say. :lol:
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:40 pm  
charlie caroli wrote:
Give Rich a couple of months and a few losses then see what he has to say. :lol:

Giving a coach a couple of months is a hardly a fair timescale to do anything in and especially to judge someone by.
I'm sure he expects to lose some games as the supporters do.
As long as he knows why the losses happened and what to do to try and fix it then fair enough.

Sorrow Charlie, in your eagerness to jump in feet first with your constant jibes and windups not much thought gone into this one, that big bonce isn't filled with the brain to go with it this time buddy.
You didn't even hint at how great Leigh are either, must be having a really bad day. :wink:
RankPostsTeam
International Star233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 30 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 16 20:3624th Apr 16 19:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:45 pm  
charlie caroli wrote:

You are strangely troublesome...
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6698No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Mar 17 06:4010th Feb 17 18:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And Behold, a pale horse. And on his back his name was death.

The weekend starts on a Monday.

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:29 pm  
Makingplans4nigel v2 wrote:

Strange yes, troublesome no, he picks his bait, casts his net and gets plenty of bites.
Back on thread if you please, Richards interview was straightforward and he answered the questions well.
The bit I liked was that he has promised we will get better.
Sunday will let us know wether we are improving.
First game, away at Whitehaven possibly the bottom team this year, a comfortable win but let too many points in.
Leigh at home, in my humble opinion the best team in our division, thought we would have lost by more to be honest, was the pitch a leveler? But in the end we performed well.
Batley away, always tight, heartache country in recent seasons, top of the table before this game, I thought we would have won by more, but. Win is a win.
Featherstone, Gregg says they are not as good this year, we will see.
A tough month ahead.
But, I for one am very excited about this season.
:CLAP:
There now follows a note from the moderators.
HJ has been very excited about every season for 50 odd years.
:DOH:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:49 pm  
Makingplans4nigel v2 wrote:

Nigel just my views on Fax and RM ,I know it's still early in the season ,but your last 2 games have yelled only 2 tries and one was a Gimme ,not very inspiring yet some Fax fans seems to think you will improve with the dry grounds :shock: ,I'm not saying this won't happen but I doubt it.

As I have said Fev with 10 would be an attractive bet,I'm also saying RM opinions may change after a couple of losses,I'm didn't mean judge him after the 3 games I agree far to early,you have played a very poor Haven side who in my opinion will be fighting to stay up this season,lost to Leigh and beaten an average Batley by a very narrow margin,still looking on the bright side I'm tipping a narrow Fax win on Sunday ,just NOT by 10.
faxcar 
RankPostsTeam
International Star4260
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 26 201013 years79th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:37 pm  
charlie caroli wrote:
Nigel just my views on Fax and RM ,I know it's still early in the season ,but your last 2 games have yelled only 2 tries and one was a Gimme ,not very inspiring yet some Fax fans seems to think you will improve with the dry grounds :shock: ,I'm not saying this won't happen but I doubt it.

As I have said Fev with 10 would be an attractive bet,I'm also saying RM opinions may change after a couple of losses,I'm didn't mean judge him after the 3 games I agree far to early,you have played a very poor Haven side who in my opinion will be fighting to stay up this season,lost to Leigh and beaten an average Batley by a very narrow margin,still looking on the bright side I'm tipping a narrow Fax win on Sunday ,just NOT by 10.

Your not thinking it through again Charlie.
I won't be so presumptuous to speak on behalf of others but it's reasonable to think Fax will improve as the season goes on, by how much is the unknown quantity.
Surely that happened with Leigh as Paul Rowley got to work with the team and they began to gel, then he brought in stronger players gradually building all the time.

As I have said before Fax are starting again and probably 4 years behind Leigh.

They are a new side with new players with a new coach who has new ideas and 3 competitive games under their belts, of course they should get better.
The dry grounds will happen naturally as the weather improves.
Dry grounds are more conducive to good rugby league than the heavy pitches that they have been playing on.
RM has said he wants Fax to play an attacking brand of rugby, which is far better suited to dry grounds as everyone knows.

You yourself said Leigh would have won at the Shay by a larger margin had the ground been dry.
Is that not a contradiction and or just another example of Leigh trumpet blowing, namely Leigh can improve on dry grounds but Fax can't.

In fact Leigh won by 12 points, if one of the Fax tries was a gimme then so was the last Leigh try which came about in the 85th minute as Fax gambled on the play to try and draw level, a charge down that could easily have been ruled as being knocked forward and could have bounced anywhere landed straight into Pownalls hands.

I expect all the clubs to improve as the season goes on and they will all have their highs and lows except Leigh of course.

Regarding having a fish and seeing who bites you never did that when Leigh were in the pack, is it a case of "We only fish when we are winning" and having fun at some others expense when they are below you.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: FAX TV: Marshall on Batley : Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:05 pm  
faxcar wrote:
Your not thinking it through again Charlie.
I won't be so presumptuous to speak on behalf of others but it's reasonable to think Fax will improve as the season goes on, by how much is the unknown quantity.
Surely that happened with Leigh as Paul Rowley got to work with the team and they began to gel, then he brought in stronger players gradually building all the time.

As I have said before Fax are starting again and probably 4 years behind Leigh.

They are a new side with new players with a new coach who has new ideas and 3 competitive games under their belts, of course they should get better.
The dry grounds will happen naturally as the weather improves.
Dry grounds are more conducive to good rugby league than the heavy pitches that they have been playing on.
RM has said he wants Fax to play an attacking brand of rugby, which is far better suited to dry grounds as everyone knows.

You yorself said Leigh would have won at the Shay by a larger margin had the ground been dry.
Is that not a contradiction and or just another example of Leigh trumpet blowing, namely Leigh can improve on dry grounds but Fax can't.

In fact Leigh won by 12 points, if one of the Fax tries was a gimme then so was the last Leigh try which came about in the 85th minute as Fax gambled on the play to try and draw level, a charge down that could easily have been ruled as being knocked forward and could have bounced anywhere landed straight into Pownalls hands.

I expect all the clubs to improve as the season goes on and they will all have their highs and lows except Leigh of course.

Regarding having a fish and seeing who bites you never did that when Leigh were in the pack, is it a case of "We only fish when we are winning" and having fun at some others expense when they are below you.

You may find this hard to believe , but I actually think RM is a good Coach ,a little in the Paul Rowley mould I just hope he gets the Board backing and support from the Fans as Paul has from Leigh.
You then say RM has said he wants Fax to play a more attacking brand of Rugby which will suit Fax when the drier grounds come along,well that's wishful thinking all coaches have views on how they want their teams to play ,it just doesn't always happen,ask Big Karl and Brian Noble :wink: .As for having fun at teams lower than ourselves? I respect any team and their fans , the majority of my posts are just Banter I never try to be offensive or Superior I love a bit of fun,actually I LIKE Fax ,I've joined your Fantasy Tipping Comp and even travelled to Fax games both home and away when Leigh have not been playing,I've enjoy a good debate and wish Fax well for the season , obviously not against Leigh though,Good luck on Sunday ,but hopefully not by more than 10 points.
Next